Identifying devices

Plantje
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Identifying devices

Postby Plantje » Wednesday 11 January 2017 22:17

I got myself an RFXCom Transceiver yesterday. Installed it and after a while I saw a new device connected to the hardware called RFXCom. After adding it I was able to control the Klik-aan-Klik-uit light that I have at home.

But today I saw two new devices on the RFXCom hardware. Next to that I have an Aeon Z-Wave USB stick and that has resulted in quite a long list of devices as well. How can I identify those devices?
Especially for the two new RFXCom devices. I can just switch them off and on and hope my neighbours don't end up in the dark. And in the long run I expect to add more 433Mhz devices. Is there a way to identify them? Or is there a way to actively add them (like with Z-Wave)?

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V3.6395

Re: Identifying devices

Postby SweetPants » Wednesday 11 January 2017 23:41

Don't leave "Accept new Hardware Devices" on permanently, you will end up with all 433 devices in the neighbourhood. Try to use "Allow for 5 minutes" and force your devices to be identified/learned by the RFXCom. You can also manually Add swithes if you know it's type and specific code's.

Plantje
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Postby Plantje » Thursday 12 January 2017 0:05

Hmmm... Ok, I have changed that setting. Good one! I forgot how to force my device to be identified by RFXCom... do the KaKu devices have some sort of switch? I'll get to know that again when I expand my devices.

I don't really see the option to manually add a device.

Anyway...still not really clear how to determine what a device is that I see in the list. Does the device for example "broadcast" more information like brand and type?

koowee
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta

Postby koowee » Thursday 12 January 2017 10:42

Plantje wrote:I don't really see the option to manually add a device

You find that option on Switches tab > Manual Light/Switch

Return to “Rfxcom Transceiver”