Domoticz documentation

Post your feedback and suggestions for the forum, website, wiki, Twitter-account, Facebook page and tracker (not the Domoticz project itself) here.
cpighin
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153

Domoticz documentation

Post by cpighin » Saturday 28 January 2017 17:42

Hi,

if I'm not wrong, a new user willing to experiment Domoticz has 2 basic documents:

1) Manual https://www.domoticz.com/DomoticzManual.pdf , which is not updated and not complete,
2) Wiki pages https://www.domoticz.com/wiki even them incomplte; a new and inexperienced user can take some useful information only from the Configuration section

I understand that edtong documentationis a uge activity and no one is paid for, so I would like to contribute by adding few elements that are not treated.

For example, it seems to me that the argument Floorplan (how to create and use it) is not written.

If this is true, where can I add someting?

While I was dding a couple of notes to document 2), I've understood not to be allowed to insert images (untill i will be allowed). Is there a way to overcome this limitation?

Claudio :)

remb0
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: Domoticz documentation

Post by remb0 » Sunday 29 January 2017 11:03

You are right. documentation is always a problem in (opensource) projects.
in the past there was a initiative to restructure the wiki and expand it with feature to create a pdf from the wiki.

I think the way to go is to have an good wiki instead of a pdf. there is too much info for in a pdf. and a pdf is created by one man.

please pm me and I will help you with the wiki.
thanks for your help!

franzjs
Domoticz version:

Post by franzjs » Friday 24 February 2017 14:47

remb0 wrote:You are right. documentation is always a problem in (opensource) projects.
in the past there was a initiative to restructure the wiki and expand it with feature to create a pdf from the wiki.

I think the way to go is to have an good wiki instead of a pdf. there is too much info for in a pdf. and a pdf is created by one man.

please pm me and I will help you with the wiki.
thanks for your help!
Hi,

can you tell me how to configure Domoticz and the Domoticz light app (Android) to realize a mobile control ?
At the moment it's only working inside my private WLan network.
Unfortunately there is no documentation which describes the right settings.

best regards,
Franz

jusstin
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Post by jusstin » Friday 21 April 2017 18:06

uper that you write about it because I had the same problem.
Justin

htilburgs

Post by htilburgs » Friday 21 April 2017 18:12

I had the same problem and it took me some time to figure out everything. I made a website especialy for this purpose. It's in dutch and it just covers the basics to get started, but maybe it will help you out.

http://domotica.tilburgs.com
Hardware:
RPi3 - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Yeelight RGBW Led bulb - Yeelight Smart LED Light Strip - Neo Coolcam PIR Motion Sensor - Neo Coolcam PowerPlug - Nest Thermostat v3

cobra045
Domoticz version: 3.4834

Post by cobra045 » Sunday 23 April 2017 15:11

Thank you for this great website.
Many older people do not always have enough knowledge of the English language to struggle through the forum.

sincze
Domoticz version: 4.9700

Post by sincze » Monday 24 April 2017 21:08

htilburgs wrote:I had the same problem and it took me some time to figure out everything. I made a website especialy for this purpose. It's in dutch and it just covers the basics to get started, but maybe it will help you out.

http://domotica.tilburgs.com
That is a really nice website. :D

My documentation is scattered around a few 100+ .txt files :o :o
I wish I would have known how to do that in wordpress during my startup fase some years ago.
Using Pass2php since 2016-12
LAN: RFLink, P1-Port, OTGW, MySensors
USB: RFXCom, ZWave
WIFI: Mi-light Wifi-Bridge, Sonoff, ESP8266, Xiaomi Gateway
Solar: Omnik Inverter, PVOutput
Video: Kodi clients with Harmony HUB
Sensors: You name it I probably got 1.

htilburgs

Post by htilburgs » Monday 24 April 2017 22:36

Thanx for the nice words. I'm lucky to know my way around with the english language. Even so I understand the meaning of good documentation and the purpose of helping out. Before I also had my 'wordpad' documentation.

I will try to keep it up-to-date also for my own sake ;)
Hardware:
RPi3 - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Yeelight RGBW Led bulb - Yeelight Smart LED Light Strip - Neo Coolcam PIR Motion Sensor - Neo Coolcam PowerPlug - Nest Thermostat v3