Click on link = New Window

Post your feedback and suggestions for the forum, website, wiki, Twitter-account, Facebook page and tracker (not the Domoticz project itself) here.
Ritmeester
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Click on link = New Window

Post by Ritmeester » Sunday 14 August 2016 17:19

Is it possible to make some changes to this forum?

I like to see when you click on a link that this link opens in a new window. Now it stays in the same window and that is pretty annoying.

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V4.10007

Re: Click on link = New Window

Post by SweetPants » Sunday 14 August 2016 17:43

Ritmeester wrote:I like to see when you click on a link that this link opens in a new window. Now it stays in the same window and that is pretty annoying.
You can always use "Right-click" -> "Open Link in New Window"
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, Intel NUC, MySensors 2.3.0-alpha, Pro Mini 3.3/8M RFM69(HW), ESP8266 (SDK2.2.0), Sonoff, RFLink, RFXcom, MQTT, NodeRed, Domoticz Beta (from source)

Ritmeester
Domoticz version:

Post by Ritmeester » Sunday 14 August 2016 18:08

SweetPants wrote: You can always use "Right-click" -> "Open Link in New Window"
Yes I know that of course. The problem is that almost only this forum has this “click on link - open in same window. “

This “click on link – open in same window” is very seldom on internet forums and websites.

bbqkees
Domoticz version: 3.8x

Post by bbqkees » Thursday 18 August 2016 17:44

In Chrome, click on the link with the scrollwheelbutton or middle button on the mouse and it will open in a new tab.

(Also Ctrl+Shift+t is a lifesaver, it opens previously closed tabs again)
Intel NUC-> Philips Hue, Aeon Zwave stick V2, Qubino, Fibaro, Everspring, Philio, RFXCom, X10, Harmony Hub, Xiaomi Flora + Gateway, BS440. And P1 / Resol VBus / Nefit EMS bus / DHT21 / DS18B20 / Sonoff / I2C display, all via Arduino/ESP8266.

Ritmeester
Domoticz version:

Post by Ritmeester » Thursday 18 August 2016 19:04

Why should I do all this clicks while it is pretty easy to configure that links to external webpages will open in an external window?

Almost all forums and webpages have this. When I go to this Domoticz forum, O yes, here it is different.

SweetPants
Domoticz version: V4.10007

Post by SweetPants » Friday 19 August 2016 19:29

Ritmeester wrote:Why should I do all this clicks while it is pretty easy to configure that links to external webpages will open in an external window?
Then offer your services to the webadmin if you know how it is done and if it is that easy. This is an OpenSource project where many people spent their free time on. If you don't like it, then don't use it.
Ritmeester wrote:Almost all forums and webpages have this.
How do you know? Did you try them all?
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, Intel NUC, MySensors 2.3.0-alpha, Pro Mini 3.3/8M RFM69(HW), ESP8266 (SDK2.2.0), Sonoff, RFLink, RFXcom, MQTT, NodeRed, Domoticz Beta (from source)