Frustrated MySensor Gateway with FTD USB - Fixed

Subforum for the 'MySensors' project.
http://www.mysensors.org/
feene1
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Frustrated MySensor Gateway with FTD USB - Fixed

Post by feene1 » Tuesday 14 November 2017 8:49

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

Figured this might help some folks. Been trying to get Domo to work with an Arduino Mini Pro and RFM69 Radio. Debugs on the serial port show messages going back and forth between node and my raspberry pi that I have Domo installed. I start the domo service...says the gateway starts and then nothing. Troubleshooting for a couple nights. Serial capture always is working. Start domo and no messages except the gateway started 2.1.1.

Install a quick instance on a windows machine...bang works right away. I see Node1 - Motion is detected. I know my hardware and radios are good.

Updated my PI3 Distro...now it works. Found some posts after the upgrade. Sounds like folks have had issues with the FT232s disconnecting after a short period. Some reverted to USB1.1 settings and it fixed the issue. Luckily the upgrade worked for me.

Maybe it will help some people that having been fighting MySensor USB Gateway and are out of ideas.