Problems with Serial Gateway using Arduino Uno and RPi as Controller

MTBHuw
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Problems with Serial Gateway using Arduino Uno and RPi as Controller

Post by MTBHuw » Thursday 02 November 2017 23:12

I'm very new to this and just trying to set things up. I'm currently using an Arduino Uno as a Serial Gateway, Raspberry Pi Model B (I think) with Domoticz installed, and a DHT11 sensor on another Uno with NRF24L01 hooked up between the sensor and Gateway. Everything seems to work ok, and the sensor is communicating with the gateway because when I connect the Gateway directly to my laptop USB with Domoticz running on there, it works fine with no issues.

The problem is when I try and run it through the Raspberry Pi. I'm running an earlier version (Wheezy at the moment), but I've also tried Stretch and Jessie, same problem. Domoticz just doesn't pick up the sensor, and I'm not sure how to go about checking to see if it's picking up the Serial Gateway either.

I've set up the Gateway as MySensors Gateway USB, Baudrate 38400 etc, basically followed the instructions! I notice I've only got /dev/tty/ACM0 as the serial port. When I go into "setup" for the devices I see an "unknown" in the Nodes with an ID of 0, and below that I see a Child ID of 255, and S_ARDUINO_REPEATER_NODE 2.1.1. When it's all hooked up to the laptop and Domoticz there, I see the Temp/Humidity sensors etc.

RPi is connected to my router via ethernet cable at the moment but I had the same lack of results via WiFi. Gateway and Pi are connected via USB.

Any help very much appreciated, as I'm keen to get up and running.

gohan
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Re: Problems with Serial Gateway using Arduino Uno and RPi as Controller

Post by gohan » Saturday 04 November 2017 15:43

Why don't you connect the nrf24 directly to the rpi and use the rpi as gateway?

feene1
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Problems with Serial Gateway using Arduino Uno and RPi as Controller

Post by feene1 » Tuesday 14 November 2017 8:50

I had same problem as you. Ran a distro upgrade and now its working. Check my post from today and see if you have the same USB device....6001.