Mysensors without radio

febalci
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Mysensors without radio

Post by febalci » Monday 30 October 2017 19:13

Hi all,

I am in the process of making a wired alarm in my house. I collected all wired PIR's and magnetic reed switches to an Arduino Mega. All connections are made to GPIO ports on Arduino. I am trying to connect this to Domoticz which is installed on a raspberry. I have some beginner questions since i am not very familiar with mysensors. Any help appreciated:

1. Can i use the very same Arduino (which most of the GPIOs are connected to sensors with wires) for mysensors serial or ethernet gateway?
2. I have no intention of using the radio, so i will not install any radio component to gateway. Is it OK if i just build the serial or ethernet gateway just by removing the gateway references to radio components as comments?
3. I believe if 1 and 2 are Yes, so that means the very same arduino will be also used as sensor node. Is there any sample sketch for this type of installation?
4. Or do you say "Don't need to use mysensors, go on with domoticz json api calls in your sketch"?

Thanks...

Jan Jansen
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: Mysensors without radio

Post by Jan Jansen » Tuesday 31 October 2017 17:54

tlpeter
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by tlpeter » Tuesday 31 October 2017 18:11

You can use the gateway with sensors although i used it only as gateway in the past.

gohan
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Post by gohan » Thursday 02 November 2017 15:50

Sure you can use the gateway without radio, just load the default gateway sketch and comment out the defines about the radios, then add the sensors in the code as it was normal node.