Setting Up my First Devices

Subforum for general discussions. Do not dump your questions/problems here, but try to find the subforum where it belongs!
rowanbradley
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 3.9025

Setting Up my First Devices

Post by rowanbradley » Tuesday 20 March 2018 19:23

I have installed Domoticz (for Windows) but am having trouble getting it to do anything useful. I have so far created the following hardware:

1-Wire (system) using my DS9490R interface
Open Z-Wave USB, using my SA413 USB to Z-Wave device
Motherboard Sensors
Dummy

Under Dummy I have one Device set up, Immersion Heater, an X10 device.

I have several devices in my house that I would like to get working with Domoticz:

- X10 Immersion Heater
- X10 heated towel rail
- Several DS18B20 OneWire temperature sensors
- A TP-Link HS100 WiFi smart plug
- Several Z-Wave devices on order (not arrived yet)

Please can someone give me blow-by-blow instructions for getting at least one of these devices configured and working within Domoticx? Once I've got the first one, then I can probably figure out how to do the others.

With respect to X10, presumably I need some kind of interface from the PC to the X10 system. What type of interface is the system designed to work with?

Many thanks - Rowan

freijn
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Setting Up my First Devices

Post by freijn » Tuesday 20 March 2018 21:01

For the DS18B20 my advise is to get EASYESP on an nodemcu. Works simple and reliable !

For all others I believe you need a gateway..

rowanbradley
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 3.9025

Re: Setting Up my First Devices

Post by rowanbradley » Friday 23 March 2018 15:14

Thanks for this idea. Yet more technology that I know nothing about :-). I'm confused by all the different versions of NodeMCU that seem to be available, Can someone please recommend what I need for this project? I would tend to choose the cheapest and physically smallest that I can get. Ideally it should be battery powered via a 3V coin cell, and offer a good battery life. It doesn't need to do anything other than interface to one DS18B20, and sense its own battery level, although other variants of this might have some kind of digital or relay output, to control e.g. a radiator valve.

Thanks - Rowan