Danfoss Popp Radiator Thermostat

Subforum for general discussions. Do not dump your questions/problems here, but try to find the subforum where it belongs!
Solifuge
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Danfoss Popp Radiator Thermostat

Post by Solifuge » Sunday 13 November 2016 19:36

Hi all,

i have bought 7 Popp Radiator Thermostat and I have successfully configured them through Domoticz.

Anyway I have some problems using them:

a) I can set thermostat setpoints through Domoticz Utility Panel but i cannot set them through blocky (because "Utility Item" is read only" or using json like http://192.168.1.4:9084/json.htm?type=c ... &svalue=27. This command mode works through browser but doesn't work in blocky mode.

b) I'm doing my first steps in Domotic context but IMHO these valve have a stupid logic. First of all, in my case, a 28 C° maximum setpoint isn't sufficient to reach a decent temp in my rooms and I can only send a command to set a local temperature setpoint instead of telling "open" or "close" to the valve.

Is there any way to:

1) bypass the local thermometer
2) override 28 C° limit
3) tell the valve something similar to "open" or "close"

Thank you very much,

Davide

Egregius
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: Danfoss Popp Radiator Thermostat

Post by Egregius » Monday 14 November 2016 9:27

a) Start scripting, so much more fun and possibilities than Blockly. If not, do a http request in Blockly with your command.
b) Really? If I set them to 28° they literal hang loose on the radiator meaning they're completely open.
1) Of course, use a external thermometer
2) No, they take any 0,5° between 4 and 28.
3) I use 4° for close and 28° for open.
In my script I set the valves lower/higher than the setpoint to be sure they're close/open.

sach
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Post by sach » Monday 14 November 2016 11:50

I have just ventured into Heating using the Devolo TRV's which are more or less the same.

I'm not savvy with scripting yet so am using Blocky to send http request as Egregius suggested.
I have also paired the TRV with the Devolo/Danfoss room thermostat to enable better temperature accuracy and easier control for the wife.
Currently I only have TRV's in a couple of bedrooms while I wait for the rest of my order to turn up. I'm aiming to have the Study and 3 bedrooms upstairs and 2 reception rooms downstairs with TRV's and the rest (2 bathrooms, kitchen, downstairs toilet and hallway) without TRV's so they are heated when any of the other zones call for heat. Hopefully this will be useful as we both work from home a couple of times a week so the house is always occupied, but as we are usually in the Study, it makes no sense for the other rooms to be heated.

How are you controlling the boiler as I don't see how 28° would not be enough to heat the room?
I currently use Hive (i'm in the UK) but am looking to replace that as all its used for it switching the boiler on and off using a script I found on this forum. I just need to ensure that the temperature on the Hive is set high enough so that the rooms can heat up to the required temperature before the temperature on the hive thermostat is reached.

Solifuge
Domoticz version:

Post by Solifuge » Monday 14 November 2016 18:30

In the last beta of Domotics they finally add control for Setpoint via Blocky so i can finally use them in my Events. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

One problem is solved but one still remain.

I use my Daikin Emura Thermometer to check room temperature and, with this valve mounted, I can't reach anymore 23-24 C i have without them (I uninstalled them so I could have re-check the temp with "full open circuit").

The reason is simple: when the local Popp thermomether reaches 28 C° (but the room is 20-21) the valve close-open-close and continue to remain in the 28 C° range. This with or without Domoticz. And it's a huge limit.

energie
Domoticz version: latest

Post by energie » Sunday 20 November 2016 21:42

Solifuge wrote:<cut>
The reason is simple: when the local Popp thermomether reaches 28 C° (but the room is 20-21) the valve close-open-close and continue to remain in the 28 C° range. This with or without Domoticz. And it's a huge limit.
So you're saying that when the valve is fully open (28 C°) it will close the valve if the temperature increases above the max temperature value? While this limits the ability of controlling the valve. A manual temperature controlled valve (both analog as digital) will work in the same way if I am correct. While a non manual temperature controlled valve will just remain open, a temperature controlled valve will not.

ropske
Domoticz version: V3_8394

Post by ropske » Sunday 04 December 2016 17:25

i added my popp radiator thermostat to domoticz.
its visible in zwave screen, but i dont see it in my devices so i can add a setpoint control.

anyone knows what i need to do? (or doing wrong)

ropske
Domoticz version: V3_8394

Post by ropske » Sunday 04 December 2016 20:37

nevermind, now it is there :)

thibf0xx
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Post by thibf0xx » Monday 03 July 2017 23:52

Hi
I have set up the Popp thermostat with a Gen5 AETOC key.

Setting the target temperature with Setpoint works like a charm, however the temperature sensor is stuck at 0 degrees;
In the device section, the temperature sensor is recognised as a LaCrosse TX3, is that also the case for you?

Thanks in advance.

anasazi
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Post by anasazi » Thursday 06 July 2017 7:45

thibf0xx wrote:Hi
I have set up the Popp thermostat with a Gen5 AETOC key.

Setting the target temperature with Setpoint works like a charm, however the temperature sensor is stuck at 0 degrees;
In the device section, the temperature sensor is recognised as a LaCrosse TX3, is that also the case for you?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I'm also using 9 of the Danfoss Popp thermostat and all of them show the correct temperature and as LaCrosse TX3.
Did you unplug the stick and did the inclusion next beside the thermostat?
This is my thermostats:
Attachments
popp.png
popp.png (62.54 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

thibf0xx
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Post by thibf0xx » Saturday 08 July 2017 16:24

Hi anasazi, thanks or your reply.
I indeed did the inclusion next to the thermostat. Have you done anything special in the node menu?
Capture d’écran 2017-07-08 à 15.16.27.png
Capture d’écran 2017-07-08 à 15.16.27.png (44.97 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Capture d’écran 2017-07-08 à 15.18.46.png
Capture d’écran 2017-07-08 à 15.18.46.png (35.35 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Otherwise this is probably a hardware issue.

anasazi
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Post by anasazi » Sunday 09 July 2017 12:49

Hi,

Try change your batteries to new ones.
From one of my thermostats I was getting many timeouts and the battery reported around 60%.
Changed the batteries and then it stopped with the timeouts.

Another thing you could try is to hard reset the thermostat and include it once again.

MarnixO
Domoticz version: V3.8153

Post by MarnixO » Monday 09 October 2017 12:16

Hi,
I have 4 popp trv and a Nest thermostat .I use the nest thermostat as a timer to control the circulation pump of the heating system
I want to switch off the pump if all of the 4 trv reached their setpoint and start again if there is a new heating demand on one of them
so i need to detect if there is a heating demand or not
Any suggestions ?

Regards

Goldwing1973
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by Goldwing1973 » Monday 09 October 2017 12:37

MarnixO wrote:
Monday 09 October 2017 12:16
Hi,
I have 4 popp trv and a Nest thermostat .I use the nest thermostat as a timer to control the circulation pump of the heating system
I want to switch off the pump if all of the 4 trv reached their setpoint and start again if there is a new heating demand on one of them
Any suggestions ?

Regards
Why not use the temperature reading from the popp thermostats itself?
Over 50 Z-Wave Devices (Fibaro and Neo), 4xLogitech Hub, 2xPhilips Hue Bridge+55 Lights, 1x Nest Thermostat, 2xNetatmo Weather Station, 1xSkybell v1 Doorbell, 3 Kwikset KEVO Doorlocks and Domoticz running on a Intel NUC

MarnixO
Domoticz version: V3.8153

Post by MarnixO » Monday 09 October 2017 13:28

Goldwing1973 wrote:
Monday 09 October 2017 12:37
MarnixO wrote:
Monday 09 October 2017 12:16
Hi,
Any suggestions ?

Regards
Why not use the temperature reading from the popp thermostats itself?
and switch the pump instead of the nest thermostat , then i have no timer

Goldwing1973
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by Goldwing1973 » Monday 09 October 2017 13:56

Use Domoticz as a timer, not the nest.
And set the Popp thermostats with the timers to the desired temperature. (During day 15c, when home 20c)

Then use a blockly or a script to check the temperature of each room, if the setpoint on the Popp is higher than the actual room temperature turn the nest on.

That way you can create a timer for each room to heat (bedroom later then living room, bathroom only between 21:00 and 22:00)
Over 50 Z-Wave Devices (Fibaro and Neo), 4xLogitech Hub, 2xPhilips Hue Bridge+55 Lights, 1x Nest Thermostat, 2xNetatmo Weather Station, 1xSkybell v1 Doorbell, 3 Kwikset KEVO Doorlocks and Domoticz running on a Intel NUC

Bikey
Domoticz version: 3.xxx

Post by Bikey » Friday 15 December 2017 19:08

Hi,

I just bought 2 Popp thermostats and they seem to work fine with Domoticz.

The only thing is that they measure the temperature on the thermostats which is usually too high, once it starts heating.

Now you can of course set an offset in Domoticz at any temperature sensor, so also for the Pop temperature, but my question is: will this affect the actual working of the thermostat (i.e. it is actually programmed with this offset) or is this just a display thing that only affects the display within Domoticz?

It would of course be the best if you can set the setpoint at e.g. 20 degrees and it actually gets 20 degrees in a room... ;-)