Pellet stove hack

In this subforum you can show projects you have made, or you are busy with. Please create your own topic.
Post Reply
Thomasdc
Posts: 242
Joined: Wednesday 11 March 2015 20:13
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Pellet stove hack

Post by Thomasdc » Thursday 19 October 2017 13:04

Hellow!

I want to automate my pallet stove..

My pallet stove has the same button to turn it on/off
i've allready connected a relay parallel over this button
This way its possible to turn it on/off using domoticz.

Only 1 problem..
if I push the button (manual on the stove) Domoticz doesn't know if its on/off anymore..
I Saw there was some can of cilindrical turning device in the stove (i think the fan --> this turns from the moment the stove is on, untill its fully shut down)
so i would like to do a 'rotation detection' on this --> if its turning its ON, if not its Off
Would this be possible with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/400985388076?rmvSB=true ?
the pulses would be way to fast to be seen by domoticz..
So i think i would have to make a program for my own (i will not be able to use the standard ESP-easy config) is it hard to custom program an esp_easy and integrate this in domoticz?


What i also want to do is build in a detection for when the pallets are almost empty.. so that way i can send a notification to reful the stove.
but im still figuring out how i should do this..

any idea's/suggestions about any this are welcome!

Thanks

Thomas

User avatar
htilburgs
Posts: 509
Joined: Tuesday 03 November 2015 12:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Pellet stove hack

Post by htilburgs » Thursday 19 October 2017 13:32

I don't know what kind of relay you're using, but maybe you can check the status of the relay?
If this is the case, then you can write a simple lua script to check the status of the relay and update de status of the switch in Domoticz.
Hardware:
RPi3 - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Yeelight RGBW Led bulb - Yeelight Smart LED Light Strip - Neo Coolcam PIR Motion Sensor - Neo Coolcam PowerPlug - Nest Thermostat v3

Feddan
Posts: 7
Joined: Wednesday 18 October 2017 16:04
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Pellet stove hack

Post by Feddan » Thursday 19 October 2017 14:13

Maybe you could monitor the energy consumption to detect whether it's on or off?

This plug for example monitors energy consumption: http://nodon.fr/en/z-wave/micro-smart-plug-z-wave_14-2

This is another way (but costs more): https://aeotec.com/z-wave-home-energy-measure

Thomasdc
Posts: 242
Joined: Wednesday 11 March 2015 20:13
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Pellet stove hack

Post by Thomasdc » Thursday 19 October 2017 14:45

htilburgs wrote:
Thursday 19 October 2017 13:32
I don't know what kind of relay you're using, but maybe you can check the status of the relay?
If this is the case, then you can write a simple lua script to check the status of the relay and update de status of the switch in Domoticz.
to turn the stove on/Off i only have 1 push button on the stove --> On/off button
its a Push button.

the relay just simulates a push on the button.
so the relay is used to switch between states on/off but it doesn't know the current state

Thomasdc
Posts: 242
Joined: Wednesday 11 March 2015 20:13
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Pellet stove hack

Post by Thomasdc » Thursday 19 October 2017 14:58

Feddan wrote:
Thursday 19 October 2017 14:13
Maybe you could monitor the energy consumption to detect whether it's on or off?

This plug for example monitors energy consumption: http://nodon.fr/en/z-wave/micro-smart-plug-z-wave_14-2

This is another way (but costs more): https://aeotec.com/z-wave-home-energy-measure
I don't use anything from z-wave, so i would like to keep it like this, i prefere using ESP over wifi
(now its an nodeMcu with ESP easy that controls the relay, build inside the stove.. I would like that his ESP controls also if its running and in a later on if the pellets needs to be refulled.

Mike5150
Posts: 1
Joined: Saturday 19 August 2017 14:41
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Pellet stove hack

Post by Mike5150 » Saturday 21 October 2017 9:05

Thomasdc wrote:Hellow!

I want to automate my pallet stove..

My pallet stove has the same button to turn it on/off
i've allready connected a relay parallel over this button
This way its possible to turn it on/off using domoticz.

Only 1 problem..
if I push the button (manual on the stove) Domoticz doesn't know if its on/off anymore..
I Saw there was some can of cilindrical turning device in the stove (i think the fan --> this turns from the moment the stove is on, untill its fully shut down)
so i would like to do a 'rotation detection' on this --> if its turning its ON, if not its Off
Would this be possible with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/400985388076?rmvSB=true ?
the pulses would be way to fast to be seen by domoticz..
So i think i would have to make a program for my own (i will not be able to use the standard ESP-easy config) is it hard to custom program an esp_easy and integrate this in domoticz?


What i also want to do is build in a detection for when the pallets are almost empty.. so that way i can send a notification to reful the stove.
but im still figuring out how i should do this..

any idea's/suggestions about any this are welcome!

Thanks

Thomas
The best way to check if the replay is turnen on, is to have a replay with two switches. One for the pellet stove and one to go back to a GPIO port on the Rpi.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BV6000 met Tapatalk


VHK17
Posts: 6
Joined: Tuesday 31 January 2017 10:10
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Pellet stove hack

Post by VHK17 » Monday 25 December 2017 13:25

We have a pelletstove with a micronova controll
The micronova is used by the most brands pelletstoves.
Is it possible to make a interface so we can read ( writing is dangerous )

If more people have an interest, it is an option to impose an amount so that a developer can create an interface for Micronova ??

At the moment i read the status ( on / off ) and the temperatures with the Universal Binary Sensor FIBARO

User avatar
Derik
Posts: 2082
Joined: Friday 18 October 2013 23:33
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: BETA
Location: Arnhem/Nijmegen Nederland
Contact:

Re: Pellet stove hack

Post by Derik » Monday 25 December 2017 13:47

mmm I did hack my Pelletstove with a simple lan relaisboard...
Soldering some wire below the pushbutton, and the power + and - and temp + and temp - , this is works fine..


Make some dummy switch, and the send the on command for 2 or 3 seconds.

To check the stove is on or off. i use a zwaveplug that is checking the poweruse... if power us dummy switch on if not dummy off.
Xu4: Beta Extreme antenna RFXcomE,WU Fi Ping ip P1 Gen5 PVOutput Harmony HUE SolarmanPv OTG Winddelen Alive ESP Buienradar MySensors WOL Winddelen counting RPi: Beta SMAspot RFlinkTest Domoticz ...Different backups

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests