Nefit data/control via Arduino to Domoticz (directly without OpenTherm module or Easy)

In this subforum you can show projects you have made, or you are busy with. Please create your own topic.
SirBacon
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Nefit data/control via Arduino to Domoticz (directly without OpenTherm module or Easy)

Post by SirBacon » Thursday 07 December 2017 10:44

Hi there,

Let me chime in on this discussion. having a Nefit Topline together with Moduline 300 controller, I am very interested in this topic. I have already followed the topics at mikrocontroller.net on this, but now it it time to get things going and do some stuff.

I was looking to use the software 'EMS-collector' from Maniac103 at https://github.com/maniac103/ems-collector, but then I still need the hardware. Would the circuit that bbqkees has shared here be able to communicate with the EMS-collector?
@bbqkees: I will PM you with some questions

bbqkees
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8x

Re: Nefit data/control via Arduino to Domoticz (directly without OpenTherm module or Easy)

Post by bbqkees » Thursday 07 December 2017 11:35

Yes, but the circuit makes a 5V compatible UART interface. The Pi needs a 3.3V interface.
So if you want to connect the circuit directly to the Pi UART you need to add a voltage divider at the end.
Replace the last 4.7K resistor on the right in the schematic with a 10K and 20K resistor in series to ground.
Connect the point between the 10K and 20K resistor to the Pi UART.

See f.i. the schematic in my other Github project about the VBUS (only look at the voltage divider at the right):
Intel NUC-> Philips Hue, Aeon Zwave stick V2, Qubino, Fibaro, Everspring, Philio, RFXCom, X10, Harmony Hub, Xiaomi Flora + Gateway, BS440. And P1 / Resol VBus / Nefit EMS bus / DHT21 / DS18B20 / Sonoff / I2C display, all via Arduino/ESP8266.

SirBacon
Domoticz version:

Post by SirBacon » Thursday 07 December 2017 15:36

Thanks bbqkees for the quick reply. As there are also 5v TTL/UART USB cables (http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables ... Serial.htm) perhaps the circuit can remain the same for both Arduino and RPi applications. Then just make sure you have the right connection to your application.

PS: I tried to PM you but somehow the forum does not allow me? Maybe perhaps because I am new here. Can you PM me?

yctn
Domoticz version:

Post by yctn » Saturday 09 December 2017 1:11

bbqkees wrote:
Thursday 16 November 2017 12:10
If you want to control the thermostat you need to add some code to my sketch, as I use it only for reading the bus.
If you buy a second hand Moduline 200 (RC20) you'll have it up running the fastest.

Maybe the sketch from @danidata is more suited to your needs.
See his Github
Hi bbqkees, i have the circuit with the arduino ethernet and a nefit moduline 100.

this is the software that im currently using.
https://github.com/yctn/nefitEms

but it does not seems to work yet. the only output i get is:

LAAG

Kamertemp nu: 0.0

Could this have to do that my thermostat does not support night and clock mode?
can i change the code to just only use read and settemp or would that require the moduline 200?

Greetz

bbqkees

Post by bbqkees » Monday 11 December 2017 12:02

Did you test with my code to see if you can read the bus at all?
Intel NUC-> Philips Hue, Aeon Zwave stick V2, Qubino, Fibaro, Everspring, Philio, RFXCom, X10, Harmony Hub, Xiaomi Flora + Gateway, BS440. And P1 / Resol VBus / Nefit EMS bus / DHT21 / DS18B20 / Sonoff / I2C display, all via Arduino/ESP8266.

yctn
Domoticz version:

Post by yctn » Monday 11 December 2017 12:06

no i didnt try ur code yet.

Yes i can read and write to the bus

NEFIT 10 52.6,32.6,41.4,40.9,18.8,19.0,1,1.8,3.05,0.00

and i can switch from night to manual to clock. but the software is a bit buggy. does ur code support the moduline 300? this software is for the moduline 300.

bbqkees

Post by bbqkees » Monday 11 December 2017 15:40

My code is also based on the Nodo code from J vd Meer. But I do not use the writing part.

If you read my Github page documentation you see that on the EMS bus each thermostat type has it's own address.
So if you do not have the RC20 but another thermostat you need to find out which address that thermostat uses otherwise it won't respond to your write actions.
Easiest method is to print out each packet that is read from the bus and find out what is sent by the thermostat when you change the temperature.

You are apparently successfully reading RC20StatusMessage from 0x17. Which means there is a device on the bus with address 0x17 (or you are just printing out the default values every time) so I think there is something wrong in your code or hardware while writing to the bus. Or your thermostat does not respond to writing to those specific addresses.

danidata
Domoticz version:

Post by danidata » Monday 11 December 2017 23:13

yctn wrote:
Monday 11 December 2017 12:06
no i didnt try ur code yet.

Yes i can read and write to the bus

NEFIT 10 52.6,32.6,41.4,40.9,18.8,19.0,1,1.8,3.05,0.00

and i can switch from night to manual to clock. but the software is a bit buggy. does ur code support the moduline 300? this software is for the moduline 300.
As bbqkes pointed out, are you sure the bus address for moduline 300 is 0x17? If, as you say, you can read and write to the bus and switch from night to manual it should be Ok, but I cannot find it in the wiki documentation.

On the other hand, when you send a read command remember to mask the destination address with 0x80 (I could not find if that is done in your github). I remember that, at the begging of this project, I also used something similar to the regNefitCoding that are in your code and I could never find what message types 0x91 and 0xA8 were.