Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post Reply
Meeki
Posts: 5
Joined: Saturday 14 January 2017 15:33
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by Meeki » Saturday 14 January 2017 16:09

Hello everybody,

My name is Dennis and i am new here on the forum but using Domoticz quite a time and before that i was 5years a Nodo user.

I was strugling to use my already RTSP installed camera's in Domoticz because there is no support for that.
After a lot of trial and error i managed to get my RTSP camera and also a camera from my parents garden (not on the same network), to show in domoticz and also create snapshots on events.

It was eventualy very simple! :o

Needed:

*A spare (android) tablet. (didnt try it with apple)
*The pro version of IP cam viewer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Paid&hl=nl (i have nothing in comment with this app)

How to:

*First install the app on your spare tablet. why a spare tablet? because the app has to run in record mode otherwise it doesn't work.
*Search for your camera as explained by the app.

Here comes the nice part :mrgreen: Go to app settings scroll down and check the box enable server.


Go to Chrome and open the URL that is provided by the app. if everthing is okay you can click: Matrix View (updated in Matrix View and Record Mode)
Now you can see your camera if you have more camera's added you will see all camera's.

Now click: 'Embedded Web Server API Information' and search for "Last Frame JPG by Camera Name (requires viewer user, relies on frame buffer from current Gallery/Matrix/Record Mode activity)" Click this link. It wil show camera not found!

In the url: http://<your IP>:2880/v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=I-65+%40+234
replace:"I-65+%40+234" for your camera name it has to be name you you called it in the IP cam viewer app not the ID

Hit ENTER and your camera will show.

Now in domoticz got add camera and fill in the form:

Actief:
Naam: Choose a name can be any name
IP Adres: <your IP adres of the URL from above>
Poort: 2880
Gebruikersnaam: admin (username used in the server settings of the ip cam viewer app)
Wachtwoord: •••••••• (password used in the server settings of the ip cam viewer app)
ImageURL: v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=<your camera name>

Hit Test and your camera should show up.

Hope it works for everybody and let me know if it does ;)


Greetings Dennis

DaveJessen
Posts: 1
Joined: Tuesday 17 January 2017 20:49
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by DaveJessen » Tuesday 17 January 2017 20:53

Works! Thanks

trixwood
Posts: 510
Joined: Friday 18 March 2016 8:20
Target OS: -
Domoticz version: Offline
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by trixwood » Tuesday 17 January 2017 21:17

Nice ad for your program! Definitly like your second post. To confirm it works... :cry: :cry: :cry:

What about: Free!

Instead of some paid version from an unknown source...

viewtopic.php?t=4273#p66778

Meeki
Posts: 5
Joined: Saturday 14 January 2017 15:33
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by Meeki » Thursday 19 January 2017 23:10

Nice ad for your program! Definitly like your second post. To confirm it works... :cry: :cry: :cry:

What about: Free!

Instead of some paid version from an unknown source...

viewtopi ... 273#p66778
I have absolutely no connections with the maker of the app that i used :roll: it is not free but if a couple of dollars is too much for you than buy a expensive foscam and have it your way...

i only want to help other members that have the same problems that i had with my camera.

BTW the post that it works is my brother in law. and for him it works

antpoli
Posts: 1
Joined: Friday 20 January 2017 22:10
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by antpoli » Monday 23 January 2017 18:55

Interesting. I'll try and let u know.
My IP cam does not have ssh embedded so I need to protect, using cam via Domoticz will hide user ID and pwd?
Moreover do u know how to control tilt and pan via Domoticz?

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

Meeki
Posts: 5
Joined: Saturday 14 January 2017 15:33
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by Meeki » Monday 30 January 2017 18:31

As far as I know. Password is protected in domoticz and also in the ip cam viewer app.

I don't know about pan and tilt control because I don't have such a camera.

Greets

zak45
Posts: 515
Joined: Sunday 22 January 2017 12:37
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: V3.9056
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by zak45 » Monday 30 January 2017 20:36

I also use this application, works great.. and for windows users, this one could help you to setup an IP/rtsp cam to Domoticz: Netcam Studio X server.

Jonkerfrisjes
Posts: 3
Joined: Wednesday 27 July 2016 12:57
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V3.5877
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by Jonkerfrisjes » Saturday 13 May 2017 21:32

Hello,

I was looking for this solution a long time. The discription is good. It works allmost for my Onvif Camera i bought from Aliexpress.
It came with software to install. The camera has a fixed IP adres on my router. Bound by Mac.
The problems i had was finding the right camera because the camera has no manufacturer.

He found 4 types of camera's. Just picked one and voila. I got a stream.

I said allmost because I have two problems:
1 - In google Chrome i can see the camera but it still one frame and no stream.

2 - I have put the settings in Domoticz but no stream. I use Domoticz V3.5877

And one question.

Is it possible to "bind" the camera IP adress in the APP. Now it's getting by default. It's not possible to change.

I hope there is a setting i have to change for solving these two problems.

Thanks

Andre
Holland

godinperson
Posts: 28
Joined: Saturday 06 May 2017 0:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by godinperson » Wednesday 17 May 2017 15:19

I think I found a better solution.

Using ZoneMinder. I installed ZoneMinder on the raspberry directly. Configured the cam in it and then, in domoticz, I use the feed from ZoneMinder instead of the cam.

Works pretty great!

IDANIT
Posts: 86
Joined: Saturday 07 November 2015 11:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by IDANIT » Wednesday 17 May 2017 19:52

godinperson wrote:I think I found a better solution.

Using ZoneMinder. I installed ZoneMinder on the raspberry directly. Configured the cam in it and then, in domoticz, I use the feed from ZoneMinder instead of the cam.

Works pretty great!
Could You please tell in a few words how to do that.

godinperson
Posts: 28
Joined: Saturday 06 May 2017 0:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by godinperson » Wednesday 17 May 2017 20:16

Sure!

I've installed ZoneMinder on my raspberry:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Raspbian

Then, in ZoneMinder, I was able to setup my camera
ZM1.png
ZM1.png (16.15 KiB) Viewed 9044 times
ZM2.png
ZM2.png (20.5 KiB) Viewed 9044 times
After that, you configure your camera in Domoticz
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7200&p=116443&hili ... er#p116443

No credit, I just picked parts on the Internet :)

Good luck!

IDANIT
Posts: 86
Joined: Saturday 07 November 2015 11:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by IDANIT » Wednesday 17 May 2017 20:18

Where did you get this "Remote Host Name"?

godinperson
Posts: 28
Joined: Saturday 06 May 2017 0:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by godinperson » Wednesday 17 May 2017 20:49

Oh, I forgot.

remote host name is username:password@IPADDRESS and the remote host path, I found it on :

https://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

User avatar
EdwinK
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sunday 22 January 2017 22:46
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Rhoon
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by EdwinK » Friday 19 January 2018 11:44

godinperson wrote:
Wednesday 17 May 2017 15:19
I think I found a better solution.

Using ZoneMinder. I installed ZoneMinder on the raspberry directly. Configured the cam in it and then, in domoticz, I use the feed from ZoneMinder instead of the cam.

Works pretty great!
Is that smooth running? I thought I read somewhere on the ZoneMinder site that it would not be very stable on the Pi. And that you can max. use 2 camera's on low frame rate. What Pi are you using for this?
Running latest BETA on a Pi-3 | Toon Thermostat (rooted) | RFxcom | Dashticz V2 |

freijn
Posts: 387
Joined: Friday 23 December 2016 17:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: Netherlands Purmerend
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by freijn » Friday 19 January 2018 17:16

Is it working smoothly on a RaspPi 3 ? Not consuming too much cycles?

User avatar
Moppersmurf
Posts: 33
Joined: Tuesday 29 September 2015 17:39
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Lat.Beta
Location: Nederland
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by Moppersmurf » Saturday 27 January 2018 1:19

Meeki wrote:
Saturday 14 January 2017 16:09
Hello everybody,

My name is Dennis and i am new here on the forum but using Domoticz quite a time and before that i was 5years a Nodo user.

I was strugling to use my already RTSP installed camera's in Domoticz because there is no support for that.
After a lot of trial and error i managed to get my RTSP camera and also a camera from my parents garden (not on the same network), to show in domoticz and also create snapshots on events.

It was eventualy very simple! :o

Needed:

*A spare (android) tablet. (didnt try it with apple)
*The pro version of IP cam viewer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Paid&hl=nl (i have nothing in comment with this app)

How to:

*First install the app on your spare tablet. why a spare tablet? because the app has to run in record mode otherwise it doesn't work.
*Search for your camera as explained by the app.

Here comes the nice part :mrgreen: Go to app settings scroll down and check the box enable server.


Go to Chrome and open the URL that is provided by the app. if everthing is okay you can click: Matrix View (updated in Matrix View and Record Mode)
Now you can see your camera if you have more camera's added you will see all camera's.

Now click: 'Embedded Web Server API Information' and search for "Last Frame JPG by Camera Name (requires viewer user, relies on frame buffer from current Gallery/Matrix/Record Mode activity)" Click this link. It wil show camera not found!

In the url: http://<your IP>:2880/v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=I-65+%40+234
replace:"I-65+%40+234" for your camera name it has to be name you you called it in the IP cam viewer app not the ID

Hit ENTER and your camera will show.

Now in domoticz got add camera and fill in the form:

Actief:
Naam: Choose a name can be any name
IP Adres: <your IP adres of the URL from above>
Poort: 2880
Gebruikersnaam: admin (username used in the server settings of the ip cam viewer app)
Wachtwoord: •••••••• (password used in the server settings of the ip cam viewer app)
ImageURL: v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=<your camera name>

Hit Test and your camera should show up.

Hope it works for everybody and let me know if it does ;)


Greetings Dennis
Hi, got the app and installed it on aa old phone. Added the camera. Next step also went ok and also Embedded web service. I see the CAM in Chrome.
Next thing is adding it to Domoticz. (In my case I have port 64520 in the URL) but whatever I do, after pressing Test I don't see the cam.
Tried deleting and adding the cam but nothing....

User avatar
Sjonnie2017
Posts: 42
Joined: Wednesday 02 August 2017 19:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by Sjonnie2017 » Sunday 28 January 2018 10:58

EdwinK wrote:
Friday 19 January 2018 11:44
Is that smooth running? I thought I read somewhere on the ZoneMinder site that it would not be very stable on the Pi. And that you can max. use 2 camera's on low frame rate. What Pi are you using for this?
freijn wrote:
Friday 19 January 2018 17:16
Is it working smoothly on a RaspPi 3 ? Not consuming too much cycles?
Installed this on my RPi3 yesterday. I configured one camera (Onvif compatible) with low bandwith settings. After 5 minutes all available resources on the RPi were consumed. CPU, memory and swap (!) all went through the roof. So maybe I did something wrong; otherwise it is not very well suited for my RPi3
Domoticz (latest) on RPi3 - HomeWizard as relay - HeatLink - Some 26 switches (KaKu/CoCo) for lights and shutters - HomeWizard Weatherstation with 4 additional thermo-/hygrometers - 4 water sensors - Byron B002e doorbell -
BroadLink Black Bean

freijn
Posts: 387
Joined: Friday 23 December 2016 17:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: Netherlands Purmerend
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by freijn » Monday 29 January 2018 15:23

That is what I was more or less expecting.. :-(

THanks for the info Sjonnie

Frank

User avatar
EdwinK
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sunday 22 January 2017 22:46
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Rhoon
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by EdwinK » Monday 29 January 2018 19:11

Sjonnie2017 wrote:
Sunday 28 January 2018 10:58


Installed this on my RPi3 yesterday. I configured one camera (Onvif compatible) with low bandwith settings. After 5 minutes all available resources on the RPi were consumed. CPU, memory and swap (!) all went through the roof. So maybe I did something wrong; otherwise it is not very well suited for my RPi3

In that vase I'm not going to look into it.
Running latest BETA on a Pi-3 | Toon Thermostat (rooted) | RFxcom | Dashticz V2 |

mozo78
Posts: 17
Joined: Friday 09 June 2017 6:29
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Almost every camera works with this solution even RTSP

Post by mozo78 » Thursday 08 February 2018 8:54

Moppersmurf wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 1:19
Meeki wrote:
Saturday 14 January 2017 16:09
Hello everybody,

My name is Dennis and i am new here on the forum but using Domoticz quite a time and before that i was 5years a Nodo user.

I was strugling to use my already RTSP installed camera's in Domoticz because there is no support for that.
After a lot of trial and error i managed to get my RTSP camera and also a camera from my parents garden (not on the same network), to show in domoticz and also create snapshots on events.

It was eventualy very simple! :o

Needed:

*A spare (android) tablet. (didnt try it with apple)
*The pro version of IP cam viewer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Paid&hl=nl (i have nothing in comment with this app)

How to:

*First install the app on your spare tablet. why a spare tablet? because the app has to run in record mode otherwise it doesn't work.
*Search for your camera as explained by the app.

Here comes the nice part :mrgreen: Go to app settings scroll down and check the box enable server.


Go to Chrome and open the URL that is provided by the app. if everthing is okay you can click: Matrix View (updated in Matrix View and Record Mode)
Now you can see your camera if you have more camera's added you will see all camera's.

Now click: 'Embedded Web Server API Information' and search for "Last Frame JPG by Camera Name (requires viewer user, relies on frame buffer from current Gallery/Matrix/Record Mode activity)" Click this link. It wil show camera not found!

In the url: http://<your IP>:2880/v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=I-65+%40+234
replace:"I-65+%40+234" for your camera name it has to be name you you called it in the IP cam viewer app not the ID

Hit ENTER and your camera will show.

Now in domoticz got add camera and fill in the form:

Actief:
Naam: Choose a name can be any name
IP Adres: <your IP adres of the URL from above>
Poort: 2880
Gebruikersnaam: admin (username used in the server settings of the ip cam viewer app)
Wachtwoord: •••••••• (password used in the server settings of the ip cam viewer app)
ImageURL: v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=<your camera name>

Hit Test and your camera should show up.

Hope it works for everybody and let me know if it does ;)


Greetings Dennis
Hi, got the app and installed it on aa old phone. Added the camera. Next step also went ok and also Embedded web service. I see the CAM in Chrome.
Next thing is adding it to Domoticz. (In my case I have port 64520 in the URL) but whatever I do, after pressing Test I don't see the cam.
Tried deleting and adding the cam but nothing....
Delete the http:\\ part when you add it to domoticz.

Name: Front door
IP Address: 192.168.1.xxx
Port: 40055
Username: admin
Password: xxxxxxxx
ImageURL: v1/stream/last_frame.jpg?name=Front door

The test button did not work for me. Just added the camera, and it worked.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest