Connecting HGI80 to Evohome v2

For heating/cooling related questions in Domoticz
Knarf7
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Connecting HGI80 to Evohome v2

Post by Knarf7 » Saturday 07 January 2017 13:09

Can anyone tel me how to connect a Honeywell HGI80 to a Evohome V2 (none WiFi - Ver.25)?
2x RPi 1 domoticz client, 1x RPi2 domoticz server, Evohome V2, RFG100, BDR91 + zoneklep, 5x HR92 and HGI80

DanD
Domoticz version: 3.5641

Re: Connecting HGI80 to Evohome v2

Post by DanD » Sunday 08 January 2017 10:42

Hi,

Have you taken a look at the Domoticz Evohome wiki linked below:

https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Evohome ?

It should all work OK with your Evohome controller.

If you are having trouble with some of the steps, please post the details and also info on the device you're running Domoticz on and I'll try and help.

Dan
Windows 7, Raspberry Pi3, Honeywell Evohome Wifi, HGI80 + RFBee(s)

Knarf7
Domoticz version:

Post by Knarf7 » Sunday 08 January 2017 11:54

Hello Dan,

Yes, I have read the Wiki at https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Evohome
What isn't mentioned is the first step how to connect the HGI80 to the Evohome V2. I understand that de Evohome V3 WiFi has a menu how to connect a wireless device such as the HGI80, whereas the Evohome V2 doesn't have this.

When I read the manual how to connect the HGI80 with the Somfy TaHoma+ you have to type in the Evohome device ID in the TaHoma+/HGI80 so it knows with which Evohome it is supposed connect.
https://www.somfy.nl/file.cfm/Honeywell ... tid=318365
I understand that de Evohome V3 has a setting where you tell which HGI80 (connecting) should talk to the Evohome V3.
I am looking for a possibility to connect the HGI80 like the Somfy TaHoma+ does, in a way that the device ID is recognized.
The connection of the HGI80 with Domoticz isn't the problem - HGI80 is being recognized by Domoticz. The problem is that there is no info from the Evohome V2, because there has never been any connection/hand shake.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Frank
2x RPi 1 domoticz client, 1x RPi2 domoticz server, Evohome V2, RFG100, BDR91 + zoneklep, 5x HR92 and HGI80

DanD

Post by DanD » Sunday 08 January 2017 13:08

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the additional information it sounds like your set-up is almost complete in Domoticz so hopefully we can get the HGI80 working. There's no DeviceID set-up required in Domoticz for the HGI80 nor on the Evohome controller unlike the Somfy set-up. Once the HGI80 USB drivers have been successfully installed and the HGI80 USB device added within the Hardware set-up in Domoticz, the HGI80 will begin to listen for any Evohome wireless communication and automatically add all the devices to your Domoticz device list. This process can take about 20-30min to complete, but you should start to see the controller and your zones appear within 2-3min. The Domoticz code automatically identifies your controller and doesn't need to be told its DeviceID.

If you've completed all this set-up, but you're not getting any new devices appearing in your Domoticz device list, are there any error messages in the Domoticz log?

You're correct that the Evohome v3 has the ability to connect to Wfi networks, but this isn't required for Domoticz to work. The HGI80 and Domoticz work in a similar way to the Evohome RFG100 gateway device, but add in a lot more functionality.

Dan

Knarf7
Domoticz version:

Post by Knarf7 » Monday 09 January 2017 19:23

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your information. I was under the impression that there needed to be connection first before I could work with the software. Thanks to your advice, I have now succeeded. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Frank

DanD

Post by DanD » Monday 09 January 2017 20:24

Excellent, thanks for letting me know it's all working OK.

Regards,
Dan