Evohome controlling

For heating/cooling related questions in Domoticz
DanD
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.5641

Re: Evohome controlling

Postby DanD » Thursday 15 December 2016 23:38

@lisa

Excellent! Thanks for sharing your success. I'll remember next time I hit this problem to troubleshoot the USB status and see if it has died.

Dan
Windows 7, Raspberry Pi3, Honeywell Evohome Wifi, HGI80 + RFBee(s)

jenssen
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 3.5834

Postby jenssen » Saturday 13 May 2017 18:23

DanD wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately still no fix yet for the Domoticz Evohome commands failing problem. I've replicated the problem in Windows and on a Pi, but the variable amount of time for the problem to occur (between a few hours and many days on my systems) means that the troubleshooting is taking a very long time. My best guess at the moment is that its a memory allocation problem within the SendQueue function. Hopefully I'll get this fixed before next Winter :)!

A potential temporary workaround for those installations where it runs OK for a day or so might be to automatically stop and restart the Domoticz service each day.

Dan

Hello Dan, do you know if this problem is solved now on Linux?

DanD
Domoticz version: 3.5641

Postby DanD » Saturday 13 May 2017 19:09

@jenssen

Hi,

I can confirm that I've not experienced this problem with the latest Domoticz beta code since late last year (I run and test Domoticz on Linux & Windows 7 and compile the latest beta code every 2-3 months). I didn't make any updates to the Domoticz code to fix the problem, but it disappeared from my systems last year (I run Domoticz on 4 different machines). I've since used additional USB devices (RFBee's) which function the same as the HGI80 and my guess is that the problem is most likely related to either a USB driver problem or its lock-out feature, as I do occasionally hit brief problems with the HGI80 refusing to send any messages, but it still receives perfectly OK. The RFBee USB devices allow me to monitor whether the HGI80 is actually sending messages. The HGI80 has a lock-out feature which blocks message sending if too many messages are sent within a fixed period of time. It is possible that some of my changes to the Domoticz code have reduced the frequency of messages sent and hence the problem has disappeared, but this is just a guess.

Are you still experiencing this problem on your system and if so, what version of Domoticz are you running?

Dan
Windows 7, Raspberry Pi3, Honeywell Evohome Wifi, HGI80 + RFBee(s)

jenssen
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 3.5834

Postby jenssen » Saturday 13 May 2017 20:28

DanD wrote:@jenssen

Hi,

I can confirm that I've not experienced this problem with the latest Domoticz beta code since late last year (I run and test Domoticz on Linux & Windows 7 and compile the latest beta code every 2-3 months). I didn't make any updates to the Domoticz code to fix the problem, but it disappeared from my systems last year (I run Domoticz on 4 different machines). I've since used additional USB devices (RFBee's) which function the same as the HGI80 and my guess is that the problem is most likely related to either a USB driver problem or its lock-out feature, as I do occasionally hit brief problems with the HGI80 refusing to send any messages, but it still receives perfectly OK. The RFBee USB devices allow me to monitor whether the HGI80 is actually sending messages. The HGI80 has a lock-out feature which blocks message sending if too many messages are sent within a fixed period of time. It is possible that some of my changes to the Domoticz code have reduced the frequency of messages sent and hence the problem has disappeared, but this is just a guess.

Are you still experiencing this problem on your system and if so, what version of Domoticz are you running?

Dan

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your fast answers. At this moment I am still running the same OS that I switched to last year (Windows 10), I do not have any problems. I only had the problem on my other setup, Linux on PI3. I want to switch back to Linux (Debian) so that why I was asking. When I am switched I can let u know if this is working properly.

mschut
Domoticz version: V3.5613

Postby mschut » Friday 19 May 2017 21:52

I am running on the latest beta for a while now and it seems it is working without issues (knock on wood). Or at least, it continues wordking already for I would guess at least 2 weeks. Really, really glad indeed.

The only issue I could have noticed (i didn't drill down my logs enough to be certain), is switching my Evohome status (e.g. from Away to Home) by a json command, and it being switched back again (perhaps it didnt arrive well enough and the controller told Domoticz again it was Away, which it shouldnt). Anyway, I realise explaining this situation is hard enough to be logical, ony if I am certain I still do have a small issue, I would report here again. For now, I am enjoying the possibility to control my Evohome by my Domoticz setup.

Return to “Heating/cooling”