Support for the Resol VBUS protocol?

Use this forum to discuss possible implementation of a new feature before opening a ticket.
A developer shall edit the topic title with "[xxx]" where xxx is the id of the accompanying tracker id.
Duplicate posts about the same id. +1 posts are not allowed.
bbqkees
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8x

Re: Support for the Resol VBUS protocol?

Post by bbqkees » Monday 28 August 2017 11:18

FatBeard wrote:
Friday 25 August 2017 1:34
Hi bbqkees,

I've been using your resol vbus code to get my barebones arduino to interface with my deltasol. I've contributed some of the code to your github site. However, I have re-jigged your code locally to work as a library so that ultimately i can integrate with mysensors too. So my question is can i contribute this library to your github page, or if you wish to maintain your code as a standalone domoticz program can I get permission to create my own github project with my adaptation of your code.

While I've taken some stuff out such as http requests, networking etc. I think you could easily rewrite your code to use the library to get the best of both worlds. ie. you host the library and the ino program using the library which does all that your code does now.

Forgive me if i'm being rude but i'm not able to contact you on git hub.

Also, thanks for writing the code in the first place.
You should do what Github is actually for and use your own Github page to publish your library yourself. No need for me to be in between.
I will maintain my current Arduino version, while you can maintain your own MySensors variant.

You also do not need my explicit permission at all, as this is already universally granted to all in the header of my sketch (MIT License).

So go ahead and publish your working code so everybody can use it in their own projects.
Intel NUC-> Philips Hue, Aeon Zwave stick V2, Qubino, Fibaro, Everspring, Philio, RFXCom, X10, Harmony Hub, Xiaomi Flora + Gateway, BS440. And P1 / Resol VBus / Nefit EMS bus / DHT21 / DS18B20 / Sonoff / I2C display, all via Arduino/ESP8266.

FatBeard
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Re: Support for the Resol VBUS protocol?

Post by FatBeard » Friday 01 September 2017 19:44

bbqkees wrote:
Monday 28 August 2017 11:18
You should do what Github is actually for and use your own Github page to publish your library yourself. No need for me to be in between.
I will maintain my current Arduino version, while you can maintain your own MySensors variant.

You also do not need my explicit permission at all, as this is already universally granted to all in the header of my sketch (MIT License).

So go ahead and publish your working code so everybody can use it in their own projects.

Thanks bbqkees. I noticed all right after writing that the license gave permission. My code is available here: https://github.com/FatBeard/vbus-arduino-library

Its been tested with my deltasol c with my barebones arduino uno, but should work with all the previous controllers your code worked with. It also should work on both uno and mega devices. The code is modified automatically with ifdefs depending on whether the mega is selected or not as the board in the arduino application. There is a dependency on altsoftserial if you don't compile for a mega.

I used it as a library for mysensors and works perfectly.