Use this forum to discuss possible implementation of a new feature before opening a ticket.
A developer shall edit the topic title with "[xxx]" where xxx is the id of the accompanying tracker id.
Duplicate posts about the same id. +1 posts are not allowed.
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sunday 08 October 2017 13:50
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi
- Domoticz version:
I think it could be useful to add support for some additional LED dimmer types:
- WW - (Warm white / cold white for adjustable color temperature)
- RGBW - RGB + White
- RGBWW - RGB + Warm white + Cold with (RGB + white with adjustable color temperature)
RGB / RGBW has some support already through the "unlimited lights" type, but with some limitation, mainly that set color is not remembered by Domoticz
I'm proposing to:
- Add new switch types for GeneralSwitch: Extend _eSwitchType with WW / RGB / RGBW / RGBWW
- Store color information in DeviceStatus table:
- Add new column "Color"?
- Store color information in sValue together with dimlevel?
- Store color information in LastLevel together with dimlevel?
- Store color information in some other, already available, column which is not used for dimmer and makes sense?
- Add WebUI component for setting color temperature
Does this make sense? Is someone already working in this direction?
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Saturday 27 August 2016 1:18
- Target OS: -
- Domoticz version:
I'm surprised no one does care about this. Maybe people just doesn't noticed that they need this. At this moment there is no way in Domoticz to properly control our RGBW devices (like Yeelight RGBW bulbs).
- Posts: 598
- Joined: Wednesday 08 March 2017 10:42
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 3.8993
- Location: Amsterdam
On github they are working on it. They have a whole conversation. I dont know if it is working for all types.
RPi3 with OSMC - RPi3 with Domoticz - Dashticz - MiLight - Nanolead Aurora - KaKu - Logitech Hamony - Nest - RFLink
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests