"Save as" or copy scenario

Use this forum to discuss possible implementation of a new feature before opening a ticket.
A developer shall edit the topic title with "[xxx]" where xxx is the id of the accompanying tracker id.
Duplicate posts about the same id. +1 posts are not allowed.
paalkr
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

"Save as" or copy scenario

Post by paalkr » Monday 25 December 2017 18:00

I have about 20 zwave dimmers controlling the lighting in my mountain cabin, and I'm using Domoticz scenarios to control the dimmer level (or off) for the dimmers. A feature to copy or save as new scenario(name) for a given scenario would make the job of setting up the various scenarios much easier. The difference between normal lighting and evening lighting is just the dimmer values. It's much quicker to modify the dimmer values than going through the process of adding all the devices and setting the dimmer values for each scenario.

I would be very thankful if any developer would take under the task off adding this feature.

Thx, and have a nice Christmas.

Regards,
PK

u01pei
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: "Save as" or copy scenario

Post by u01pei » Monday 25 December 2017 18:51

For a two week stay in your mountain cabin I would sacrifice some time to perform the "tedious" job of creating the scenario's for you!

paalkr
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Re: "Save as" or copy scenario

Post by paalkr » Friday 12 January 2018 14:20

Haha, thanks for a great offer :)

Seriously, I cant understand why a copy or save as feature isn't there. It would make great sense, and increase the usability of scenarios.

PK