Remeha eTwist

Use this forum to discuss possible implementation of a new feature before opening a ticket.
A developer shall edit the topic title with "[xxx]" where xxx is the id of the accompanying tracker id.
Duplicate posts about the same id. +1 posts are not allowed.
Post Reply
Jaomrodri
Posts: 3
Joined: Tuesday 03 January 2017 11:30
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Holland
Contact:

Remeha eTwist

Post by Jaomrodri » Tuesday 03 January 2017 11:41

Is there anyway to connect domoticz the Remeha eTwist thermostat?
Or will it be in the near future?

https://www.remeha.nl/consument/producten/etwist.htm

Thanks in advance.

manjh
Posts: 252
Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 13:49
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by manjh » Tuesday 03 January 2017 12:31

They say it is OpenTherm compatible. Has to be, otherwise they could never claim that it will work with all heaters in their program.
So if you use the OTGW at this moment, you should be OK.

Having said that, I don't know how their gateway will work, there is no information available . I guess we'll have to wait for the first actual user and see how it can connect to Domoticz...
Hans

dynasticorpheus
Posts: 108
Joined: Monday 12 October 2015 15:26
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2.3295
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by dynasticorpheus » Tuesday 03 January 2017 19:08

Jaomrodri wrote:Is there anyway to connect domoticz the Remeha eTwist thermostat?
Or will it be in the near future?

https://www.remeha.nl/consument/producten/etwist.htm

Thanks in advance.
Since there is no public API available I decompiled the android APK trying to figure out how we can get the information exposed as available in the app. Simply using MITMPROXY is not working as they use certificate pinning in combination with websockets. (so no simple HTTP API)

So far I am able to retrieve gas usage but only because this is the only thing not done via websockets. Will keep you posted of my findings but so far not succcesfull in either disabling the pinning or adding the mitmproxy certificate to the app. (I am however not really an expert so still learning as I am trying to figure this one out)

Jaomrodri
Posts: 3
Joined: Tuesday 03 January 2017 11:30
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by Jaomrodri » Wednesday 04 January 2017 10:11

dynasticorpheus wrote:
Jaomrodri wrote:Is there anyway to connect domoticz the Remeha eTwist thermostat?
Or will it be in the near future?

https://www.remeha.nl/consument/producten/etwist.htm

Thanks in advance.
Since there is no public API available I decompiled the android APK trying to figure out how we can get the information exposed as available in the app. Simply using MITMPROXY is not working as they use certificate pinning in combination with websockets. (so no simple HTTP API)

So far I am able to retrieve gas usage but only because this is the only thing not done via websockets. Will keep you posted of my findings but so far not succcesfull in either disabling the pinning or adding the mitmproxy certificate to the app. (I am however not really an expert so still learning as I am trying to figure this one out)
Thanks. I hope that this will work in the near future. i have one since a few weeks and must say that it works very fine.

dynasticorpheus
Posts: 108
Joined: Monday 12 October 2015 15:26
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2.3295
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by dynasticorpheus » Monday 27 February 2017 19:51

No ETA but did get confirmation from Remeha on twitter they are planning to create a public API and/or web based solution for the eTwist.

Jaomrodri
Posts: 3
Joined: Tuesday 03 January 2017 11:30
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by Jaomrodri » Thursday 09 March 2017 11:24

dynasticorpheus wrote:No ETA but did get confirmation from Remeha on twitter they are planning to create a public API and/or web based solution for the eTwist.
Thanks for your input. we'll keep waiting!! ;)

ESFnl
Posts: 28
Joined: Saturday 26 December 2015 17:49
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.4834
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by ESFnl » Friday 06 October 2017 23:37

Any progress in this field? I did receive an eTwist from a friend and was in doubt to connect or not. Google still can't find the API :(

ESFnl
Posts: 28
Joined: Saturday 26 December 2015 17:49
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.4834
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by ESFnl » Thursday 12 October 2017 18:54

Just received a disappointing reply from the Remeha service & after sales department:
Beste Erik,

Tot op heden is er nog helemaal niks bekend over een eventuele API t.b.v de eTwist thermostaat.
Zo doende kan ik ook nog niks melden over de status hier van op dit moment.


Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,

Service & After Sales

Remeha

Remeha B.V.
Marchantstraat 55, 7332 AZ Apeldoorn
P.O. Box 32, 7300 AA Apeldoorn T:
E: [email protected]

remeha.nl
Freely translated: currently nothing is known about the eTwist API.

They don't give me the impression they're working on it :(

manjh
Posts: 252
Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 13:49
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by manjh » Monday 04 December 2017 23:54

OK, so Domoticz cannot connect directly to the eTwist. But there is still the wired connection between the eTwist and the boiler.
Did anyone try to put an OTGW on that link? (OTGW = OpenTherm GateWay).
I've used it on a Remeha Calenta/iSense combination, works great.
This means the Remeha "speaks" rather pure OpenTherm, I think.

Will it work on a Remeha Tzerra/eTwist? Any experience?

If this works, it means Domoticz has access to most of the boiler settings, including room temperature setting.
What won't work is controlling the clock thermostat settings from Domoticz.
Hans

manjh
Posts: 252
Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 13:49
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: Remeha eTwist

Post by manjh » Thursday 07 December 2017 1:23

Does anyone know how "clean" the OpenTherm dialect of the eTwist is?
Hans

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Markies and 5 guests