Page 1 of 1

[Gearbest] Coolcam Z-Wave EU Plug 16€!!  [EXPIRED]

Posted: Friday 08 September 2017 15:15
by blacksn0w
Hey guys,
after looking at my favorite chinese shop i found this deal for Coolcam Z-Wave Plugs with EU Frequency.

https://www.gearbest.com/home-gadgets/pp_581312.html

I've around 15 of them in action, only one DOA, but it was replaced by Gearbest within 2 weeks.

Re: [Gearbest] Coolcam Z-Wave EU Plug 16€!!

Posted: Friday 08 September 2017 18:18
by sincze
blacksn0w wrote:
Friday 08 September 2017 15:15
Hey guys,
after looking at my favorite chinese shop i found this deal for Coolcam Z-Wave Plugs with EU Frequency.

https://www.gearbest.com/home-gadgets/pp_581312.html

I've around 15 of them in action, only one DOA, but it was replaced by Gearbest within 2 weeks.
tnx for the tip ;-)
Cool Cam Shop had them on sale last week.
But I can only buy 1 at a time to avoid the 22.50 euro customs limit.

Re: [Gearbest] Coolcam Z-Wave EU Plug 16€!!

Posted: Tuesday 12 September 2017 13:25
by Dropshot
sincze wrote:
Friday 08 September 2017 18:18
blacksn0w wrote:
Friday 08 September 2017 15:15
Hey guys,
after looking at my favorite chinese shop i found this deal for Coolcam Z-Wave Plugs with EU Frequency.

https://www.gearbest.com/home-gadgets/pp_581312.html

I've around 15 of them in action, only one DOA, but it was replaced by Gearbest within 2 weeks.
tnx for the tip ;-)
Cool Cam Shop had them on sale last week.
But I can only buy 1 at a time to avoid the 22.50 euro customs limit.
Do you know if this is a Z-wave Plus power plug?
It only says: Compatible with 300 series and 500 series, but does that automatically mean it is a 500 chip (or 5th gen, or plus)?

Re: [Gearbest] Coolcam Z-Wave EU Plug 16€!!

Posted: Tuesday 12 September 2017 13:37
by lost
Dropshot wrote:
Tuesday 12 September 2017 13:25
Do you know if this is a Z-wave Plus power plug?
It only says: Compatible with 300 series and 500 series, but does that automatically mean it is a 500 chip (or 5th gen, or plus)?
The ones ordered last november (during chinese new year aliexpress discounts) were z-wave+.

Problem is they did not last for long and after opening the first failed one (after a few days) I was not very confident in the device build for an exchange and preferred a refund. For the second one, this was too late: Don't expect sellers to refund after a few weeks.

Looks an enhanced version was later made, no idea if this improved reliability as I decided to stick with battery devices in my direct chineses buys for obvious security reasons after this problem.

Re: [Gearbest] Coolcam Z-Wave EU Plug 16€!!

Posted: Tuesday 12 September 2017 14:33
by LouiS22
Dropshot wrote:
Tuesday 12 September 2017 13:25
sincze wrote:
Friday 08 September 2017 18:18
blacksn0w wrote:
Friday 08 September 2017 15:15
Hey guys,
after looking at my favorite chinese shop i found this deal for Coolcam Z-Wave Plugs with EU Frequency.

https://www.gearbest.com/home-gadgets/pp_581312.html

I've around 15 of them in action, only one DOA, but it was replaced by Gearbest within 2 weeks.
tnx for the tip ;-)
Cool Cam Shop had them on sale last week.
But I can only buy 1 at a time to avoid the 22.50 euro customs limit.
Do you know if this is a Z-wave Plus power plug?
It only says: Compatible with 300 series and 500 series, but does that automatically mean it is a 500 chip (or 5th gen, or plus)?
To answer your inital question it's Zwave plus.

Re: [Gearbest] Coolcam Z-Wave EU Plug 16€!!

Posted: Tuesday 12 September 2017 15:33
by Dropshot
LouiS22 wrote:
Tuesday 12 September 2017 14:33
Dropshot wrote:
Tuesday 12 September 2017 13:25
sincze wrote:
Friday 08 September 2017 18:18


tnx for the tip ;-)
Cool Cam Shop had them on sale last week.
But I can only buy 1 at a time to avoid the 22.50 euro customs limit.
Do you know if this is a Z-wave Plus power plug?
It only says: Compatible with 300 series and 500 series, but does that automatically mean it is a 500 chip (or 5th gen, or plus)?
To answer your inital question it's Zwave plus.
Thanks, I'll make an order then. :D