vThings - CO2 Monitor for Home Automation

Spotted a nice hardware deal? Share here!
vlast3k
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Re: vThings - CO2 Monitor for Home Automation

Post by vlast3k » Saturday 30 April 2016 8:36

alexsh1 wrote:I was not able to use the coupon today

Code: Select all

Error: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!
just fixed it
sorry

alexsh1
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 5033

Post by alexsh1 » Saturday 14 May 2016 12:43

I was thinking buying one, but I have just received MH-Z14A CO2 sensor and constructed my 2-in-1 meter (MH-Z14A and Shinyei ppd42ns). I am going to add BMP280 for pressure and temp, which are required by the dust sensor for a more precise ppm conversion.

I would suggest adding nrf24l01+ or give users the choice (either nrf24l01+ or esp8266). Personally, I like esp8266, but I need to update Domoticz via API and with nrf24l01+ I do not need to do anything.

Finally, price wise it is not cheap. I may simply add another Netatmo module for around £60, which is showing CO2 ppm (index) as well as temp / hum.
Just my 2 cents.

vlast3k
Domoticz version:

Post by vlast3k » Sunday 15 May 2016 8:57

yeah.. i know it will be nice to add nrf24l01, but i haven't had th etime to research it yet :(
next on my list is in fact such a dust monitor, but using some of the laser particle sensors... but lets see when i will have time to design it ::)

vlast3k
Domoticz version:

IndieGogo: vThings - CO2 Monitor - Dual Beam - WiFi

Post by vlast3k » Monday 13 June 2016 6:09

Hi Guys,
Today i've launched a new Crowdfunding campaign:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vthi ... x/10721175#/

The trouble with most conventional CO2 Sensors is that they need to see fresh air each few days, so that they do internal calibration.
This makes them unsuitable for usage in Grow Rooms and any other application where you cannot ventilate too much.
Even in a house that is occupied the whole day - this could be tricky during cold months.

Like the other sensors i am selling here: http://shop.vair-monitor.com/
This one can be configured to any custom server over HTTP or MQTT protocols and is powered via Micro USB cable

Regards, Vladimir

pvm
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by pvm » Wednesday 15 June 2016 1:24

Hi Vladimir, can you give me a definition of fresh air? If my home ventilation system is on, enough? Open the door 5x a day?
Synology NAS, PI3, ZWave, Xiamo zigbee devices, BTLE plant sensor

vlast3k
Domoticz version:

Post by vlast3k » Wednesday 15 June 2016 3:42

I believe if you have a home ventilation system, this is pretty much enough i believe
At home, usually when i leave in the morning the CO2 is ~1100 ppm, if i do not open any window, it takes 5-6 hours until it reaches 400 ppm. If i open few windows it takes 2 hours.
The problem is rather in the colder months and in houses when there is constantly somebody at home, it will be harder to ventilate really good.
But with a ventilation system that pushes fresh air w/o the need to open the windows - i think this will be fine

Bororo
Domoticz version:

Re: vThings - CO2 Monitor for HA

Post by Bororo » Sunday 26 June 2016 8:30

vlast3k wrote:
Shaggie_NB wrote:Has anyone used this with domoticz?
Once the connection is setup, you can configure the Interval and PPM Threshold values on the CO2 monitor - how often to send the data.

(i just added this info also here)
Hi Vladimir,
I have CO2 sensor with 1.13 firmware. Can you tell me where to set-up update interval for sending data?
And also, I would like to send data to Custom server (Domoticz) and ThingSpeak in the same time. Is it possible to modify current firmware for such change? Now only last updated server type is send.
Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Ivan

vlast3k
Domoticz version:

Re: vThings - CO2 Monitor for HA

Post by vlast3k » Sunday 26 June 2016 9:04

Bororo wrote: I have CO2 sensor with 1.13 firmware. Can you tell me where to set-up update interval for sending data?
And also, I would like to send data to Custom server (Domoticz) and ThingSpeak in the same time. Is it possible to modify current firmware for such change? Now only last updated server type is send.
Hi Ivan,

You can configure the send interval in the Chrome Config Utility, though i just noticed that you cannot modify the threshold. I had added it, but apparently i removed it (it is in the Wifi Settings in the Chtome App) - i will fix it today and will let you know

About the other feature, initially it was possible, but then i removed this feature - i will add it again, but maybe in the next few days. currently i store only one url on the device and this is why it needs more refactoring.

I am anyway now refactoring the whole config utility so i can provision also this functionality

Regards, Vladimir

moomey
Domoticz version: 3.5033

Post by moomey » Saturday 07 January 2017 7:35

Hi Vladimir,

Maybe it's worthwhile to continue with discounts for New Year and Christmas? )

vlast3k
Domoticz version:

Post by vlast3k » Saturday 07 January 2017 7:44

actually they are still on
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14481

until next Sunday :)