Domoticz version 4.9700 released (Stable)

News and/or updates regarding Domoticz or things related to Domoticz will be placed here.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Domoticz | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/domoticz | Changelog: Github
mgerhard74
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700

Re: Domoticz version 4.9700 released (Stable)

Post by mgerhard74 » Wednesday 27 June 2018 18:53

Great job. Thank you all!
Domoticz improves my photovoltaik ownconsumption (Rpi3, Razberry2, z-wave plugs) - PV 5,4kWp (Fronius Symo inverter, Fronius Smart Meter 63A) - Nissan Leaf2 (40kWh)

Abu06
Domoticz version:

Post by Abu06 » Wednesday 27 June 2018 19:06

After installation Selector Swith are not diplayed correctly on the dashboard and I cannot create a new selector switch.
Help please.

André

darrepac
Domoticz version:

Post by darrepac » Wednesday 27 June 2018 20:15

martk wrote:
Tuesday 26 June 2018 18:45
The new version is not stable at all.

It ran for about 6 hours then i got:

Error: EventSystem thread seems to have ended unexpectedly

Which caused all my lua scripts to malfunction. I will find out how to get back to previous stable..
I also have quite some problems with new version (selector switch disappear, log disappear, devices lost or not updated)...
I have no time to debug for now, how do you get back to previous stable??

ActionHenk
Domoticz version:

Post by ActionHenk » Wednesday 27 June 2018 20:34

Looks like i got lucky, no problems at all.

Before the upgrade i did a image backup of my SD card with stable 3.853 and a z-wave stick backup, so i could roll back to 3.853 if i had problems. After that i upgraded within the domoticz web interface to the new stable 4.9700. But seems that i don't need to roll back the to the 3.583 sd-card image.

I use mqtt, black bean v4, z-wave, wunderground, UPS-monitor and WOL service, all is working as before the upgrade.

wizard
Domoticz version:

Post by wizard » Wednesday 27 June 2018 21:39

Hi,

I also have problems with adding switches. I have a clean install rpi3 on stretch with clean 4.9700. I use Aeotec Z-wave Stick Gen 5. I have both Qubino and Fibaro switches. I can add some of them, but if I add a level switch, all my switches except one disappear from the switches pane.

This was working before om the last stable version. I am in the prosess of porting from Vera to Domoticz, and did a fresh install when I saw that a new stable version was out - looks like there are som problems with it....

Thanks for the good work, looking forward to a fix :-)

Edit: Looks like this only happens when I add a "level" switch, other switches is adding okay.....

Best regards
Baard, Norway

goblin
Domoticz version:

Re: open weather Domoticz version 4.9700

Post by goblin » Wednesday 27 June 2018 23:37

Great those updates. tenx for all time consuming efforts to get Domoticz to the highest level.

besides the fact Utility and Temperature tabs does work on firefox anymore (have to use chrome now) it is always interesting to dive into new opportunities.

So i started with adding "open weather" (accuweather is not free any more) but failed to get it working.
Is there somewhere a wiki or how-to tutorial i can implement open weather?

thanks lads

Derik
Domoticz version: BETA

Post by Derik » Thursday 28 June 2018 6:36

Great job ROB!!!
Thanks for the great work every time!!
Xu4: Beta Extreme antenna RFXcomE,WU Fi Ping ip P1 Gen5 PVOutput Harmony HUE SolarmanPv OTG Winddelen Alive ESP Buienradar MySensors WOL Winddelen counting RPi: Beta SMAspot RFlinkTest Domoticz ...Different backups

Abu06
Domoticz version:

Post by Abu06 » Thursday 28 June 2018 9:02

After the installation of the new release, the selector switch was not displayed correctly on the dashboard. I even cannnot create a new dselector switch. It was impossible to edit a simple swith. The return message was "undefined".

After hours of trials, I solved the issue by clearing completely the cache of my chrome browser.

I displayed this parameters page in chrome
chrome://appcache-internals

and removed what was related to chrome. And miracles. It works perfectly now.

André

wizard
Domoticz version:

Post by wizard » Thursday 28 June 2018 10:01

Abu06 wrote:
Thursday 28 June 2018 9:02
After hours of trials, I solved the issue by clearing completely the cache of my chrome browser.

I displayed this parameters page in chrome
chrome://appcache-internals

and removed what was related to chrome. And miracles. It works perfectly now.

André
Hi,

That did the trick for me to. I used chrome://appcache-internals and removed everything related to Domoticz, then all my switches was visible, and I could add new level switches.

Regards
Baard

jeroenb42
Domoticz version:

Post by jeroenb42 » Thursday 28 June 2018 10:16

ivarka wrote:
Monday 25 June 2018 8:32
jeroenb42 wrote:
Monday 25 June 2018 8:13
Got a message in my browser about a new update, clicked on it and got the new version 4.97 on my Pi3.
What I no longer have are any switches.....

Tried to remove domoticz.js and did sudo ./updaterelease, clear browser cache and app cache, still no switches
Of course did not create a backup because hey, I got a link to click on...
For some reason, the dashboard does contain switches, also for my roomplans
I also have the iOS app and it still does have the switches.
I tried anyother browser (use Chrome for Domoticz), Firefox, and still no switches

Any help would be appreciated.
Did you also delete domoticz.js.gz before running ./updaterelease again?
After delete the files a couple of times, rebooting and running ./updaterelease twice, it worked. Thx

hvanschaick
Domoticz version:

4.9700 OpenZWave control panel is empty

Post by hvanschaick » Thursday 28 June 2018 11:18

I have succesfully updated to 4.9700 from the previous stable release and everything runs fine, except the ZWave devices do not show their parameters anymore in the Hardware section. Also the OpenZWave control panel is empty. Running on Stretch with a Razberry card. The ZWave devices do function correctly, but I cannot change any parameters if required. Any ideas how to get that part operational Again?

Cheers,

Hans

Edit: In the mean time I have looked in the ~/domoticz/Config directory and saw that some of the zwf configuration files had a exclusive 'root' ownership while domesticz is running as regular user. changing the ownership to the same group resolved the access to parameters with the Domoticz parameter pane. However, the OpenZwave Control panel is still empty.

Meppel8
Domoticz version: V3.5877

Post by Meppel8 » Thursday 28 June 2018 22:35

jvdz wrote:
nitpicker wrote:
Wednesday 27 June 2018 9:28
Meppel8 wrote:
Monday 25 June 2018 21:56
-snip-

Code: Select all

2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: File "/home/pi/domoticz/scripts/python/check_device_online.py", line 28, in <module> 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: import urllib2 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: ImportError: No module named 'urllib2' 
Regards Rene
Exactly same error here, but the script works as designed?! Of course I want to get rid of the errors flooding my log.
A quick google search returned:
As per docs:

Note. The urllib2 module has been split across several modules in Python 3 named urllib.request and urllib.error. The 2to3 tool will automatically adapt imports when converting your sources to Python 3.

So it seems that it is impossible to do exactly what you want but you can use appropriate python3 functions from urllib.request.
So my suggestion would be to change the three "urllib2" references to "urllib" in that script and try again.
Jos
Hello Jos,

I have changed it en now there is a new error sys.avgr. I think the main problem is that the first version of Python is gone. There is still a file in /usr/bin called Python but this is a 1kb file that is a shortcut to Python2.7.

How can I get Python version 1 back?

Thanks for the help.

Gr. Rene

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Meppel8
Domoticz version: V3.5877

Post by Meppel8 » Thursday 28 June 2018 22:39

nitpicker wrote:
Meppel8 wrote:
Monday 25 June 2018 21:56
Dear Gizmocuz,

Thanks for the update. Everything works fine except one thing. That is my script to check if my phone is online (connected to the Wifi).
I have spend several hours but haven't got it working again with version V4.9700.
I think it has something to do with the python version, did the update change something in the "/usr/bin" location ?

This is the error I get:

2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: Failed to execute python event script "/home/pi/domoticz/scripts/python/check_device_online.py" 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: Traceback (most recent call last): 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: File "/home/pi/domoticz/scripts/python/check_device_online.py", line 28, in <module> 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: import urllib2 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: ImportError: No module named 'urllib2' 
This is the script I am using for over 1 year now:

#   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
#   !/usr/bin/python
#   Title: check_device_online.py
#   Author: Chopper_Rob
#   Date: 25-02-2015
#   Info: Checks the presence of the given device on the network and reports back to domoticz
#   URL : https://www.chopperrob.nl/domoticz/5-report-devices-online-status-to-domoticz
#   Version : 1.6.2

import sys
import datetime
import time
import os
import subprocess
import urllib2
import json
import base64

# Settings for the domoticz server
domoticzserver ="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
domoticzusername = "xxxxx"
domoticzpassword = "xxxxx"
domoticzpasscode = "xxxxx"

# If enabled. The script will log to the file _.log
# Logging to file only happens after the check for other instances, before that it only prints to screen.
log_to_file = False

# The script supports two types to check if another instance of the script is running.
# One will use the ps command, but this does not work on all machine (Synology has problems)
# The other option is to create a pid file named _.pid. The script will update the timestamp
# every interval. If a new instance of the script spawns it will check the age of the pid file.
# If the file doesn't exist or it is older then 3 * Interval it will keep running, otherwise is stops.
# Please chose the option you want to use "ps" or "pid", if this option is kept empty it will not check and just run.
check_for_instances = "pid"

# DO NOT CHANGE BEYOND THIS LINE
if len(sys.argv) != 5 :
  print ("Not enough parameters. Needs %Host %Switchid %Interval %Cooldownperiod.")
  sys.exit(0)

device=sys.argv[1]
switchid=sys.argv[2]
interval=sys.argv[3]
cooldownperiod=sys.argv[4]
previousstate=-1
lastsuccess=datetime.datetime.now()
lastreported=-1
base64string = base64.encodestring('%s:%s' % (domoticzusername, domoticzpassword)).replace('\n', '')
domoticzurl = 'http://'+domoticzserver+'/json.htm?type=devices&filter=all&used=true&order=Name'

if check_for_instances.lower() == "pid":
  pidfile = sys.argv[0] + '_' + sys.argv[1] + '.pid'
  if os.path.isfile( pidfile ):
    print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- pid file exists")
    if (time.time() - os.path.getmtime(pidfile)) < (float(interval) * 3):
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- script seems to be still running, exiting")
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- If this is not correct, please delete file " + pidfile)
      sys.exit(0)
    else:
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Seems to be an old file, ignoring.")
  else:
    open(pidfile, 'w').close() 

if check_for_instances.lower() == "ps":
  if int(subprocess.check_output('ps x | grep \'' + sys.argv[0] + ' ' + sys.argv[1] + '\' | grep -cv grep', shell=True)) > 2 :
    print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- script already running. exiting.")
    sys.exit(0)

def log(message):
  print (message)
  if log_to_file == True:
    logfile = open(sys.argv[0] + '_' + sys.argv[1] + '.log', "a")
    logfile.write(message + "\n")
    logfile.close()

def domoticzstatus ():
  json_object = json.loads(domoticzrequest(domoticzurl))
  status = 0
  switchfound = False
  if json_object["status"] == "OK":
    for i, v in enumerate(json_object["result"]):
      if json_object["result"][i]["idx"] == switchid:
        switchfound = True
        print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Switch ID found. Switch ID = " + switchid) 
        if json_object["result"][i]["Status"] == "On": 
          status = 1
        if json_object["result"][i]["Status"] == "Off": 
          status = 0
  if switchfound == False: print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Error. Could not find switch idx in Domoticz response. Defaulting to switch off.")
  return status

def domoticzrequest (url):
  request = urllib2.Request(url)
  request.add_header("Authorization", "Basic %s" % base64string)
  response = urllib2.urlopen(request)
  return response.read()

log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- script started.")

lastreported = domoticzstatus()
if lastreported == 1 :
  log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- according to domoticz, " + device + " is online")
if lastreported == 0 :
  log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- according to domoticz, " + device + " is offline")

while 1==1:
  # currentstate = subprocess.call('ping -q -c1 -W 1 '+ device + ' > /dev/null', shell=True)
  # currentstate = subprocess.call('sudo arping -q -c1 -W 1 '+ device + ' > /dev/null', shell=True)
  currentstate = subprocess.call('sudo ping -q -c1 -W 1 '+ device + ' > /dev/null', shell=True)

if currentstate == 0 : lastsuccess=datetime.datetime.now()
  if currentstate == 0 and currentstate != previousstate and lastreported == 1 : 
    log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " online, no need to tell domoticz")
  if currentstate == 0 and currentstate != previousstate and lastreported != 1 :
    if domoticzstatus() == 0 :
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " online, tell domoticz it's back")
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Send to Domoticz -> ON -> " + "http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=On&level=0")    
    # domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=On&level=0"  + "&passcode=" + domoticzpasscode)  --> er gaat nog wat mis met de bescherm code van en switch
      domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=On&level=0")
    else:
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " online, but domoticz already knew")
    lastreported=1

if currentstate == 1 and currentstate != previousstate :
    log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " offline, waiting for it to come back")

if currentstate == 1 and (datetime.datetime.now()-lastsuccess).total_seconds() > float(cooldownperiod) and lastreported != 0 :
    if domoticzstatus() == 1 :
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " offline, tell domoticz it's gone")
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Send to Domoticz -> OFF -> "+ "http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=Off&level=0")
    # domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=Off&level=0" + "&passcode=" + domoticzpasscode)  --> er gaat nog wat mis met de bescherm code van en switch
      domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=Off&level=0")
    else:
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " offline, but domoticz already knew")
    lastreported=0

time.sleep (float(interval))

previousstate=currentstate
  if check_for_instances.lower() == "pid": open(pidfile, 'w').close()
When I check the /usr/bin directory I see that "python" is a shortcut and is linked to "python 2.7" when I look into the properties of the file.
Could that be the problem because the script is using the first python version?

Hope you can help (or anyone else ;) )

Regards Rene
Exactly same error here, but the script works as designed?! Of course I want to get rid of the errors flooding my log.
No, the script doesn’t write to the file anymore.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

sander
Domoticz version: latest..

Post by sander » Thursday 28 June 2018 23:14

Found it!

TO ALL, if you experience your install, update, whatever getting stuck and you have no clue why, check your internet provider.
Last night after trying installing and updating stretch and Domoticz I had this brainwave, I have to say I came across a thread where someone experienced something similar...
I do have a filtered internet connection, and turns out they filter also a lot of websites which in this case a fine, to use, but it blocked all my Github downloads and Raspbian.org etc.
After I had turned off the filter all went smooth and in one go!
I think it would be very worthy to a lot of people to put a small make aware note with the installs about this.
Apparently, my ISP has improved the filter over time as I did not have this issue last year I believe.
RIght now I am back to full working order with Domoticz.
I don't really experience much improvement, but I think under the hood many things will be up to date again and prepared for much more to come.

Regards Sander
Raspberry Pi 2B+
connected: klik aan klik uit switches, dimmers, weather station, water meter (pulse)
Automation use: Blocky

xaviervp
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)

Post by xaviervp » Friday 29 June 2018 8:42

hi
the new release work great on synologie DSM 6.2
but the big problem domoticz stop after fews minutes :cry: :cry: :cry:
help me please
domoticz on synologie DSM 6.2-23739
MARVELL Armada XP MV78230

aleph0
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 4.9728

Post by aleph0 » Friday 29 June 2018 12:06

Hi guys, thanks for all the good job done in this project :-)

I had two (solved) issues in upgrading from last beta I'd like to document for others or search engines:
1/ at restart of new domoticz, I had the error message
Starting Domoticz services: /opt/domoticz/domoticz: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I could not get any lib*curl-gnutls for my distro (mageia5) but I could workaround the problem by symb-linking libcurl-gnutls.so.4 -> libcurl.so.4 in /usr/lib64 directory

2/After restart, I had no logs. It happens that syntax for -loglevel option has changed from 0,1,2 to normal,status,error. I had to adapt my startup script to reflect the new syntax.

All fine now, the new version is working fine :-), thanks again

Raini

Post by Raini » Friday 29 June 2018 16:32

Hello,
Yesterday I got the popup announcing the update to 4.9700 and I accepted. After the update everything seemed to work fine but when I got up this morning it appeared that non of the automated devices had done their work. I rebooted the Raspberry with no result, meaning that the process was running but no website-content and no webservice-response. When I stop Domoticz and start it from the CLI it ends with a "Segmentation Fault", right after it checked the setting of the RFXCOM (Home Confort disabled).

Raspian is updated to the latest version: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.50-v7+ #1122 SMP Tue Jun 19 12:26:26 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

Can you guys help me to solve this, please?

Thanks!

Raini

Post by Raini » Friday 29 June 2018 21:47

Okay, guys. Did some research and it appears that the above error-message was a little bit too generic. So I enable logging. The first error in every restart was always something like "fatal 6" and before this it there was something with the plugins that I always used. Now, I removed the plugins and ever since Domoticz resumed working.

With regards to the plugins I have to look for an alternative solution of search for other threads. But the most important thing is that I regained control over my home-devices.

Solved!

AHSchaap
Domoticz version:

Post by AHSchaap » Friday 29 June 2018 22:02

I installed this new version but now no scripts are executed. Is there a solotion?

simon_rb
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Post by simon_rb » Friday 29 June 2018 22:53

Raini wrote:
Friday 29 June 2018 21:47
Okay, guys. Did some research and it appears that the above error-message was a little bit too generic. So I enable logging. The first error in every restart was always something like "fatal 6" and before this it there was something with the plugins that I always used. Now, I removed the plugins and ever since Domoticz resumed working.

With regards to the plugins I have to look for an alternative solution of search for other threads. But the most important thing is that I regained control over my home-devices.

Solved!
I had the same. It was the Sony Bravia TV Plugin that stopped Domoticz working. Removed that and its working again.. Although Denon plugin doesn't work however it hasn't crashed Domoticz.

Hope someone figures this out :D