Domoticz version 4.9700 released (Stable)

News and/or updates regarding Domoticz or things related to Domoticz will be placed here.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Domoticz | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/domoticz | Changelog: Github
lmet
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: v4.9700

Re: Domoticz version 4.9700 released (Stable)

Post by lmet » Monday 25 June 2018 14:40

Hi,
Plugins installed in the directory "domoticz/plugins" like "BatteryLevel" or "NUT_UPS" are no longer visible in the "Hardware" menu list
Does anyone have the same problem ?
thank you in advance

florisi
Domoticz version: v4.9732

Post by florisi » Monday 25 June 2018 14:57

Hi,

new installed the latest Stable.
I've added a Hue Bridge, but only scenes are added, I don't see any lights at all.

What is wrong?

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V4.10007

Post by SweetPants » Monday 25 June 2018 15:21

Did you install the new stable or upgrade to the new stable?
Did you follow the RED forum rules? Specially the cache thingy? (Browse + App cache)
Have you tried using Chrome in incognito mode (crtr+shift+n)
look into www/js
if exists domoticz.js, keep it
if exists domoticz.js.gz, delete it
restart domotiz (reboot)
try again.
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, Intel NUC, MySensors 2.3.0-alpha, Pro Mini 3.3/8M RFM69(HW), ESP8266 (SDK2.2.0), Sonoff, RFLink, RFXcom, MQTT, NodeRed, Domoticz Beta (from source)

DosN
Domoticz version:

Post by DosN » Monday 25 June 2018 15:57

I also installed the update
After that no switches present , i cleaned cache memory at Chome, and did a reload .
All switched are back now.

But the status update of the Hue lights is not working anymore ?

florisi
Domoticz version: v4.9732

Post by florisi » Monday 25 June 2018 16:36

It was a new installation on a clean SD-card.
Installed the latest Stable 4.9700 on a Raspberry.

I've cleared cache, but still no lights.

gordonb3
Domoticz version: Custom

Post by gordonb3 » Monday 25 June 2018 16:47

SweetPants wrote:
Monday 25 June 2018 15:21
Did you install the new stable or upgrade to the new stable?
Did you follow the RED forum rules? Specially the cache thingy? (Browse + App cache)
Have you tried using Chrome in incognito mode (crtr+shift+n)
look into www/js
if exists domoticz.js, keep it
if exists domoticz.js.gz, delete it
restart domotiz (reboot)
try again.
Please do note that there are (currently) four uncompressed .js files in www/js. For any of these files, if there is a .js.gz version you must delete it because the web server will prefer the compressed ones, unless you specified `-wwwcompress off` on the start-up line.

Once again: it is good practice when installing a new version of any software to uninstall the old version first. Agreeable that is a bit difficult with the install method used here, but you can use the alternative of renaming the existing location prior to installing. This will also make it a lot easier to revert if you don't like the new version or it somehow doesn't work.

dcanogar
Domoticz version:

Post by dcanogar » Monday 25 June 2018 17:18

Dear,

Some help needed, after a succesfully installation of new version yesterday, Hue, Xiaomi devices, broadlink devices stop working. So far today i activated the beta and after 2 upgrades, everything look better but the Xiami devices whicth has options, the termostat and Broadlink selector apear with a long code T2ZmfERvb3JiZWxsIHJpbmcgdG9uZXxLbm9jayBvbiBkb29yfEhpbGFyaW91c3xBbGFybSBjbG9jaw== the same in each switch. Any idea to resolve this. Oterwise iwill come back to earlier version.

Sjonnie2017
Domoticz version: 4.9700

Post by Sjonnie2017 » Monday 25 June 2018 19:11

Thank you for this splendid update! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I got an update message in the dashboard and took the plunge.

After the update all is working as expected.

Another donation on it's way :lol: (Done! :mrgreen: )

Greetz,

Sjonnie
Domoticz (latest) on RPi3 - HomeWizard as relay - HeatLink - Some 26 switches (KaKu/CoCo) for lights and shutters - HomeWizard Weatherstation with 4 additional thermo-/hygrometers - 4 water sensors - Byron B002e doorbell -
BroadLink Black Bean

Bluelightcrew
Domoticz version: 3.6708

Post by Bluelightcrew » Monday 25 June 2018 21:00

I updated from a beta.After some minutes domoticz crashes.I tryed a complete new setup.After adding some devices domoticz crashes.

Meppel8
Domoticz version: V3.5877

Post by Meppel8 » Monday 25 June 2018 21:56

Dear Gizmocuz,

Thanks for the update. Everything works fine except one thing. That is my script to check if my phone is online (connected to the Wifi).
I have spend several hours but haven't got it working again with version V4.9700.
I think it has something to do with the python version, did the update change something in the "/usr/bin" location ?

This is the error I get:

Code: Select all

2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: Failed to execute python event script "/home/pi/domoticz/scripts/python/check_device_online.py" 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: Traceback (most recent call last): 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: File "/home/pi/domoticz/scripts/python/check_device_online.py", line 28, in <module> 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: import urllib2 
2018-06-25 21:34:04.870 Error: EventSystem: ImportError: No module named 'urllib2' 
This is the script I am using for over 1 year now:

#   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
#   !/usr/bin/python
#   Title: check_device_online.py
#   Author: Chopper_Rob
#   Date: 25-02-2015
#   Info: Checks the presence of the given device on the network and reports back to domoticz
#   URL : https://www.chopperrob.nl/domoticz/5-report-devices-online-status-to-domoticz
#   Version : 1.6.2

import sys
import datetime
import time
import os
import subprocess
import urllib2
import json
import base64

# Settings for the domoticz server
domoticzserver ="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
domoticzusername = "xxxxx"
domoticzpassword = "xxxxx"
domoticzpasscode = "xxxxx"

# If enabled. The script will log to the file _.log
# Logging to file only happens after the check for other instances, before that it only prints to screen.
log_to_file = False

# The script supports two types to check if another instance of the script is running.
# One will use the ps command, but this does not work on all machine (Synology has problems)
# The other option is to create a pid file named _.pid. The script will update the timestamp
# every interval. If a new instance of the script spawns it will check the age of the pid file.
# If the file doesn't exist or it is older then 3 * Interval it will keep running, otherwise is stops.
# Please chose the option you want to use "ps" or "pid", if this option is kept empty it will not check and just run.
check_for_instances = "pid"

# DO NOT CHANGE BEYOND THIS LINE
if len(sys.argv) != 5 :
  print ("Not enough parameters. Needs %Host %Switchid %Interval %Cooldownperiod.")
  sys.exit(0)

device=sys.argv[1]
switchid=sys.argv[2]
interval=sys.argv[3]
cooldownperiod=sys.argv[4]
previousstate=-1
lastsuccess=datetime.datetime.now()
lastreported=-1
base64string = base64.encodestring('%s:%s' % (domoticzusername, domoticzpassword)).replace('\n', '')
domoticzurl = 'http://'+domoticzserver+'/json.htm?type=devices&filter=all&used=true&order=Name'

if check_for_instances.lower() == "pid":
  pidfile = sys.argv[0] + '_' + sys.argv[1] + '.pid'
  if os.path.isfile( pidfile ):
    print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- pid file exists")
    if (time.time() - os.path.getmtime(pidfile)) < (float(interval) * 3):
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- script seems to be still running, exiting")
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- If this is not correct, please delete file " + pidfile)
      sys.exit(0)
    else:
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Seems to be an old file, ignoring.")
  else:
    open(pidfile, 'w').close() 

if check_for_instances.lower() == "ps":
  if int(subprocess.check_output('ps x | grep \'' + sys.argv[0] + ' ' + sys.argv[1] + '\' | grep -cv grep', shell=True)) > 2 :
    print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- script already running. exiting.")
    sys.exit(0)

def log(message):
  print (message)
  if log_to_file == True:
    logfile = open(sys.argv[0] + '_' + sys.argv[1] + '.log', "a")
    logfile.write(message + "\n")
    logfile.close()

def domoticzstatus ():
  json_object = json.loads(domoticzrequest(domoticzurl))
  status = 0
  switchfound = False
  if json_object["status"] == "OK":
    for i, v in enumerate(json_object["result"]):
      if json_object["result"][i]["idx"] == switchid:
        switchfound = True
        print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Switch ID found. Switch ID = " + switchid) 
        if json_object["result"][i]["Status"] == "On": 
          status = 1
        if json_object["result"][i]["Status"] == "Off": 
          status = 0
  if switchfound == False: print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Error. Could not find switch idx in Domoticz response. Defaulting to switch off.")
  return status

def domoticzrequest (url):
  request = urllib2.Request(url)
  request.add_header("Authorization", "Basic %s" % base64string)
  response = urllib2.urlopen(request)
  return response.read()

log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- script started.")

lastreported = domoticzstatus()
if lastreported == 1 :
  log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- according to domoticz, " + device + " is online")
if lastreported == 0 :
  log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- according to domoticz, " + device + " is offline")

while 1==1:
  # currentstate = subprocess.call('ping -q -c1 -W 1 '+ device + ' > /dev/null', shell=True)
  # currentstate = subprocess.call('sudo arping -q -c1 -W 1 '+ device + ' > /dev/null', shell=True)
  currentstate = subprocess.call('sudo ping -q -c1 -W 1 '+ device + ' > /dev/null', shell=True)

if currentstate == 0 : lastsuccess=datetime.datetime.now()
  if currentstate == 0 and currentstate != previousstate and lastreported == 1 : 
    log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " online, no need to tell domoticz")
  if currentstate == 0 and currentstate != previousstate and lastreported != 1 :
    if domoticzstatus() == 0 :
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " online, tell domoticz it's back")
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Send to Domoticz -> ON -> " + "http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=On&level=0")    
    # domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=On&level=0"  + "&passcode=" + domoticzpasscode)  --> er gaat nog wat mis met de bescherm code van en switch
      domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=On&level=0")
    else:
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " online, but domoticz already knew")
    lastreported=1

if currentstate == 1 and currentstate != previousstate :
    log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " offline, waiting for it to come back")

if currentstate == 1 and (datetime.datetime.now()-lastsuccess).total_seconds() > float(cooldownperiod) and lastreported != 0 :
    if domoticzstatus() == 1 :
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " offline, tell domoticz it's gone")
      print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- Send to Domoticz -> OFF -> "+ "http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=Off&level=0")
    # domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=Off&level=0" + "&passcode=" + domoticzpasscode)  --> er gaat nog wat mis met de bescherm code van en switch
      domoticzrequest("http://" + domoticzserver + "/json.htm?type=command&param=switchlight&idx=" + switchid + "&switchcmd=Off&level=0")
    else:
      log (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S") + "- " + device + " offline, but domoticz already knew")
    lastreported=0

time.sleep (float(interval))

previousstate=currentstate
  if check_for_instances.lower() == "pid": open(pidfile, 'w').close()
When I check the /usr/bin directory I see that "python" is a shortcut and is linked to "python 2.7" when I look into the properties of the file.
Could that be the problem because the script is using the first python version?

Hope you can help (or anyone else ;) )

Regards Rene

johan9610
Domoticz version: 3.5877

Post by johan9610 » Tuesday 26 June 2018 1:27

Hello,

I've update my domoticz last night and it went wrong also. After a few seconds the gui was not responding.
Renamed files from the libudev.so.0 etc etc...
cd /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
sudo cp libudev.so.0 libudev.so.1
doesn't work for me.
I couldn't get wright logfiles from domoticz ... (in var ?)
Reading several post en trying i just removed the "sonos" pyton plugin. (with winscp)
After this a restart: sudo service domoticz.sh restart.
This worked for me, domoticz stable for 20 minutes. :D
Regards, Johan.

Pi2 with RFX 433. 7xKUKA devices. 1xSynology NAS DS 713+. 1xAXIS1054 Camera.

jslegers
Domoticz version:

Post by jslegers » Tuesday 26 June 2018 7:47

Upgrade to new Stable version went with a little bump. :)
First I had to upgrade Weezy to Stretch :oops:
I thought I was already on Jessie. :lol:

After that I tried to update Domoticz via the web interface but it stayed on the old version.
I then did a sudo ./updaterelease and it came with an error :

Job for domoticz.service failed. See 'systemctl status domoticz.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
First I thought it was monit that was interfering with the update.

I then rebooted the RPI and the new version was running fine.

DarkAllMan
Domoticz version:

Post by DarkAllMan » Tuesday 26 June 2018 9:05

Since updating to last stable I see this in log:

Error: PROXY: Connect failed, reconnecting: Operation canceled

sander
Domoticz version: latest..

Post by sander » Tuesday 26 June 2018 12:40

Hi Gizmocuz, all,

As you might have read yet maybe not, I am having a real struggle to get the new version installed on my Pi 2B+
I have installed fresh Stretch lite and all I get to is checking for git.... and there the Domoticz install just stops.

I have been one time a few steps further down where I got stuck on checking for libudev-dev

I have literally tried all things which (to me made sense) to get here going, no luck.

How can I install a downloaded Domoticz file in my Pi? I cannot find a manual for that, obviously me not looking hard enough, or another way to install the latest stable version 3.8?
I am afraid I will run into the same issue's as there is either no connection made for some reason to the github ..? or in the other case a library is missing
Of course, I would be delighted to find a way through and I need the 4.9 version, but I have really now handle on how this make happen.

Any help much appriciated!

yes, I have a database back up and floorplans etc.
But as I just hit the update button, this was to late for a full SD back up..... which technically should not be needed, but anyway it happened and now I need to make things work again, with hopefully some help of yours..

Regards Sander
Raspberry Pi 2B+
connected: klik aan klik uit switches, dimmers, weather station, water meter (pulse)
Automation use: Blocky

hendryman
Domoticz version:

Post by hendryman » Tuesday 26 June 2018 13:45

Looks like the update broke the hue support on my system. I can add the bridge as Hardware, but no lights show up. Installed the latest domoticz beta, it did not help.

snellejellep
Domoticz version: 3.97xx

Post by snellejellep » Tuesday 26 June 2018 13:53

sander wrote:
Tuesday 26 June 2018 12:40
Hi Gizmocuz, all,

As you might have read yet maybe not, I am having a real struggle to get the new version installed on my Pi 2B+
I have installed fresh Stretch lite and all I get to is checking for git.... and there the Domoticz install just stops.

I have been one time a few steps further down where I got stuck on checking for libudev-dev

I have literally tried all things which (to me made sense) to get here going, no luck.

How can I install a downloaded Domoticz file in my Pi? I cannot find a manual for that, obviously me not looking hard enough, or another way to install the latest stable version 3.8?
I am afraid I will run into the same issue's as there is either no connection made for some reason to the github ..? or in the other case a library is missing
Of course, I would be delighted to find a way through and I need the 4.9 version, but I have really now handle on how this make happen.

Any help much appriciated!

yes, I have a database back up and floorplans etc.
But as I just hit the update button, this was to late for a full SD back up..... which technically should not be needed, but anyway it happened and now I need to make things work again, with hopefully some help of yours..

Regards Sander
hi Sander,

i recently made a video about installing domoticz on a pi, i used a 3b but it should not be too different.
i ran in to the same problem of the domoticz installation just stopping, here is a link to the video in which i installed it, i hope it helps a bit:
https://youtu.be/SiCZltdoVvc
if you do not want or have the time to watch, i used this command to install it:

sudo curl -L -k install.domoticz.com | sudo bash
this for as far as i know force the install to happen over http instead of https and that fixed it for me.
raspberry pi | xiaomi gateway/vacuum | yeelight | philips hue | zwave |ubiquiti unifi | harmony

sander
Domoticz version: latest..

Post by sander » Tuesday 26 June 2018 14:31

Thanks, will have another go tonight, I have seen this link before and tried, but will do another fresh install from Scratch.
Raspberry Pi 2B+
connected: klik aan klik uit switches, dimmers, weather station, water meter (pulse)
Automation use: Blocky

acaonweb
Domoticz version:

Post by acaonweb » Tuesday 26 June 2018 15:39

I’ve RPI , Jessie , and the last stable version installed with with sudo curl -L install.domoticz.com | bash'
Domoticz now has a pop up inviting me to upgrade.

1. I have to upgrade to stretch?
2. Click the banner and that it? Or i have to do other stuffs (except a SD backup)
3. Any suggestions?

Thank on advance

Fabrizio.
Last edited by acaonweb on Tuesday 26 June 2018 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

bueno79

Post by bueno79 » Tuesday 26 June 2018 16:16

Hi,

I was in jessie on pi 3. I've upgraded in Stretch (https://linuxconfig.org/raspbian-gnu-li ... -stretch-9) then use ./updaterelease. All good. I use :
- rfxcomm
- bluetooth NUTS
- zwave (fibaro, qubino, ...)
- temp sensor oregon

Very good job to all contributor.

PS : backup all AND the ultimate backup DO AN IMAGE FILE FROM YOUR SD CARD !!!! (https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi ... is-sd-card

xaviervp
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)

Post by xaviervp » Tuesday 26 June 2018 17:01

hey
i put the new release 4.9700 normally stable on my synologie (DSM 6.2-23739)
every 5 minutes domoticz shut down and i must restart it on synologie
help me
escuse me for my very bad english ;) ;)
that is coming from synologie? :?:
or domoticz? :?:

thanks a lot
domoticz on synologie DSM 6.2-23739
MARVELL Armada XP MV78230