Domoticz stops executing scipts sometimes

Topics (not sure which fora)
when not sure where to post, post here and mods will move it to right forum.
Furiousz23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.10199

Domoticz stops executing scipts sometimes

Post by Furiousz23 » Monday 19 November 2018 9:43

Hi all,

I`m experiencing some problems with my Domoticz the last few months. I have several Xiaomi devices in my setup, temperature sensors, round switches and door sensors. I have a bunch of scripts to control my (Yeelight) lights, doorbell, Sonoff switches and the alarm.

The last few months i had to restart domoticz several times because the scripts (triggerd by a Xiaomi device) stopped working.....sometimes it takes a week or month, but it also happend that i had to restart twice a day :cry: to get the scripts working again. The strange thing is that there a no problems in the logs of Domoticz. Even when i push the (physical) light switch and the script doesn`t get activated the log says:

Code: Select all

2018-11-19 08:31:34.807 Status: LUA: Lamp woonkamer ingeschakeld door wandschakelaar
2018-11-19 08:31:34.808 Status: EventSystem: Script event triggered: Lichtschakelaar woonkamer
First i was using the Xiaomi Gateway to connect all the switches and sensors to Domoticz, but i recently switched to the Zigbee2mqtt plugin. With both options the problems are the same, so i think it`s something in Domoticz....

I really can`t find where to look for the solution. The are more people (in the Netherlands) with the exact same problem https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/vi ... e/57097109.

At this moment i`m using version: 4.10199 of Domoticz. Is there anyone willing to help me with this issue? It`s driving my crazy, and my wife gets angry every time she can`t switch on the lights :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is one of the scripts i`m using. "Schakelaar lamp garage" is a round wireless Xiaomi switch and "Garagelamp" is a Sonoff S20 switch:

Code: Select all

commandArray = {}

if (devicechanged['Schakelaar lamp garage'] == 'Click') and (otherdevices['Garage lamp'] == 'Off') then
    commandArray['Garage lamp'] = 'On'
    print('Lamp garage ingeschakeld door wandschakelaar')
elseif (devicechanged['Schakelaar lamp garage'] == 'Click') and (otherdevices['Garage lamp'] == 'On') then
    commandArray['Garage lamp'] = 'Off'
    print('Lamp garage uitgeschakeld door wandschakelaar')
end

return commandArray

stewdyne
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Re: Domoticz stops executing scipts sometimes

Post by stewdyne » Monday 19 November 2018 10:36

I experience the exact same problem! When I active my Xiaomi devices the event system stops at random intervals. DZ is still up and showing no errors.

Really hope someone can dig into this. I can't find anything in the log.

Furiousz23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.10199

Post by Furiousz23 » Monday 26 November 2018 12:22

Is no one experiencing the same problems???

ben53252642
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by ben53252642 » Monday 26 November 2018 12:30

Can't see any problems with your script.

As you mention the issue is specific to your Xiaomi devices, the crash is likely coming from a plugin you have enabled in Domoticz Hardware. Try disabling them one at a time until you find which one is causing it then report in the relevant thread.