- installed VS Community edition
- cloned the project (Using VS)
- installed Python3
- extracted the extra Windows libraries in the MSBuild directory (as stated at the bottom of this page in the wiki)
- start VS and open the project via the domoticz.sln file in the MSBuild directory
- set the project->properties->debugging->Working Directory to be the root of the project, as mentioned on the forums here
It does seem the file it wants is not there. I tried changing the working directory to MSBuild but I then get a whole list of boost dependencies that are not found. By the way, the boost files are there after extracting the zip, but in MSBuild/Boost/Boost/.
Code: Select all
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'boost/thread.hpp': No such file or directory domoticz c:\users\whiskey\source\repos\domoticz\main\stdafx.h 57
I have done a fair bit of development in various languages, but I'm new to C++. Rather then trying to solve this via trial and error I'm hoping for a few pointers
I'm not limited to VS by the way, if development works better on Linux then that's fine too.
Finally, the reason for trying is that I've installed Domoticz on my FreeNAS and noticed the SolarEdge plugin would not work for me. Rather then asking others I'd figure I try a bit of debugging and hopefully use the knowledge to write a hardware module myself someday.