Domofence triggers at phone reboot

Topics (not sure which fora)
when not sure where to post, post here and mods will move it to right forum.
Persisto
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2.4386

Domofence triggers at phone reboot

Post by Persisto » Friday 19 January 2018 14:59

I setup Domoticz with DomoFence so as to open the gate at my house when I am at 250m. This is impressive and works most of the time. (The phone does not always seem to transmit the passage over the fence in Android 7, 6 seemed to work better on my Samsung A5)

When I restart my phone (like after an MT battery or for whatever reason) entry within de GeoFence is triggered and my gates open.
Are there settings in with which I can modify this behavior?
I use an LUA script to open the gate. Any ideas on what I could include to prevent this behavior?
Thanks in advance
Plailly France
X10 Marmitek + Ebode for lights and blinds + CM15
mochad
Domoticz, Domoticz Lite, Geofence
Raspberry Pi III

Persisto

Re: Domofence triggers at phone reboot

Post by Persisto » Friday 19 January 2018 18:48

In fact, an Exit is also triggered (if you happen to be outside of the fenced area when your phone starts.)

I feel that only transits should trigger an Entry or Exit. DomoFence should do nothing unless actually entering or exiting the fenced area or alternatively, Domofence should interrogate the related switch and only trigger an event if appropriate. (Related switch shows you are outside, phone detects you outside de the fence, nothing will happen.)

I already love how it works now (instead of waiting 15 seconds in front of the gate) and will just reboot my phone as little as possible.
Plailly France
mochad
Raspberry Pi III

elmortero
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.9639

Post by elmortero » Friday 19 January 2018 19:42

When domofence detects that you being away (real or phone is of) set a switch in Domoticz?
If so you could include in your Lua script a "grace" time by only opening the gate if that switch as been Off/Away for longer than x minutes (with devicelastupdate)

Persisto

Post by Persisto » Saturday 03 February 2018 11:44

Thank you for the suggestion, but I do not see how that could work. The App does not emit anything before being switched off (or running out of battery or whatever) so it would be tricky to distinguish a transit from a power-on.
The gate only opens on a restart my phone when I am within the fence (so most likely at home) consequences are likely limited to "comments from my neighbors"
Plailly France
mochad
Raspberry Pi III