How to use native Mochad with CM15pro ??

Topics (not sure which fora)
when not sure where to post, post here and mods will move it to right forum.
Redguy
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.5877

How to use native Mochad with CM15pro ??

Postby Redguy » Sunday 11 December 2016 23:43

I am trying to get my domoticz system with my existing X10 devices through my CM15Pro.

So i followed the wii page ( http://www.domoticz.com/wiki/X10_devices,_CM15_Pro ) and installed mochad. Which works fine. I can turn my devices on/off through the command line with mochad.

Next step and issue was to have mochad autostart using the rc.local Which does not seem to work. My /var/log/messages shows mochad starting and get terminated again for unknow reasons. So i left that for the moment and started mochad by hand. Like i said, works fine..

The the wiki page states :
[quote]
Note: What follows works, but it is probably better to use the native support for Mochad now available. Click on Setup / Hardware, name the hardware ('Mochad' for example) and set the type to Mochad CM15Pro/CM19A bridge with LAN interface. Then click on Switches and you can use the Learn Light/Switch button to add X10 devices.[/quote

Which i did.. But sadly i cant get anything to work. How can i have domoticz learn about switches ? These are one-way, they receive only. Nothing to be learned. The learn button asks me to press a button on the remote, which i do not have.

So i tried adding the switches manualy, which requires my to configure the hardware to use. My X10/mochad device does not show up in the list.
I added a dummy device to be used, then configured a switch with the correct house code an device id.. but this does not work..

IS there anyony here that can tell me how to use the "native" mochad support in domoticz ? or should i revert back to the "old" way still present in the wiki pages ? This would require configuring each switch and device manualy into the domoticz_main script.

Redguy

Re: How to use native Mochad with CM15pro ??

Postby Redguy » Saturday 07 January 2017 16:10

Found out the correct way to use it myself.. It is quite simple.. The Wiki page is no longer the best way to go (as mentioned there)..

Step by Step :

- Install and configure Mochad itself.

- In Domoticz go to Setup -> Hardware -> And add a "Mochad CM15Pro/CM19A bridge with LAN interface"
Since mochad runs on the same Raspberry pi as my domoticz server i used 127.0.0.1 as IP, port number 1099

- Go to Switches -> Press " Learn Light/Switch", and send the wanted X10 code by using an X10 remote or something.
Domoticz will pick this up and voila..

I have not yet found a way to just create a new switch manually and configure this as an X10 switch by entering the house en unit code myself. If you X10, which can be picked up by your CM15 (which shows up in domoticz) which can transfer that to X10 over your power wires, but that's just ugly.

To be honest, i disabled X10 on my RFXCom so X10 RF commands dont show up twice all the time. (one by mochad/CM15 and ones by rfxcom)

Redguy

Re: How to use native Mochad with CM15pro ??

Postby Redguy » Tuesday 10 January 2017 15:32

I added this new information to the Domoticz Wiki.. Feel free to comment/add/edit etc. i you can..

Return to “Other questions and discussions”