i am currenly building my own house and have been looking around for a perfect domotic solution and wanted some advice. Domoticz seemed perfect at the software side.
I care a lot about privacy, so i want so self host my domotic platfom.
Design: i want it to be:
Objectives:* self hosted (i have a Synology NAS and a RPI3)
* not obligated to have an internet connection to work, a LAN with RJ45 and / or wifi should be allneeded. I don't want my system to ping a cloud every freaking time and manage my data by myself.
* multi protocol able (en ocean, z-wave, other stuff... why can't we all agree on an ISO ?)
* not noisy. visually and eary. this word does not exist, i know.
* highly programmable
* smartphone / laptop accessible and managable
* energy harvesting (i want to limit batteries use)
* higly secure (2FA maybe)
* usable even if you don't know how to code, for my familly who is not a software ingeneer like me)
* smallest captors as possible, nothing like those enormous plug boxes remote controlled.
* able to update all objects instead of buying botnet objects without their security planned to ever be fixed. hard one i know.
* user permissions
* pretty interface
So what should i look for with network cables, protocols adapter to rule them all and sensors?* graphics dashboard
* follow electric consumption with a room detail level. a plug level of detail would be perfect
* follow water consumption
* exportable data in several formats. (JSON, csv, odt...)
* manage lights remotely
* detect presence (for lights, or music, or heat)
* monitor temperature in every room
* multi room music
* display videos on a projector without having to have the media in a computer on the same room
* run voice command from smartphone only
* link with garden portal
* watch garage door state. not certain about managing its opening. (the door will have a motor and a remote)
* get alerts on my phone for programmated cases
* a pack of objects to reduce cost would be great
* an exportable configuration that i could backup
There are just so many objects out here