NOOB question? How to connect the wires?

For OpenTherm-gateway related questions in Domoticz
najtram
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: v3.5877

NOOB question? How to connect the wires?

Post by najtram » Monday 03 July 2017 22:30

I've received a Opentherm gateway for fathersday! Yeah! :D Bad thing is I tried to connect it through the most logic way but that did not work. Could someone help me out where to find wiring manual? :roll:

I've got an iSense Thermostat (v28) and a Remeha Tzerra.

:!: iSense Termostat:
[OT1][OT2][DIGI3][DIGI4] (currently to Tzerra connected: Red on [OT1] and Blue on [OT2])

:!: OpenTherm gateway:
[Termostat1][Termostat2][Boiler1][Boiler2] (according to http://otgw.tclcode.com/worksheet.png)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Domoticz on Raspberry Pi 3 with USB RFLink Gateway at 433 Mhz for several KAKU switches. Bluetooth Soma Smart Shades. USB Opentherm Gateway connected to Remeha iSense with Remeha Tzerra boiler. ITHO ecofan RFT (ESP8266+CC1101). Almost running homebridge.

stlaha2007
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Re: NOOB question? How to connect the wires?

Post by stlaha2007 » Thursday 06 July 2017 10:26

What have you tried?

Best Solution (need an extra wire at least 1 pair {utp 4 pairswill work})
Thermostat ot1 and ot2 linea red and blue on x1 thermostat. Another piece of wire from x2 boiler to the CV...

Lesser best solution (same wire with some unused {about 1 meter free})
Or turn of the CV and un-wire the thermostat and cut the wire and strip it and put the otgw in between. Following the diagram coming from boiler into x2 and coming from thermostat into x1.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

najtram

Post by najtram » Thursday 06 July 2017 11:46

Thanks for your reply!!!

It sounds exactly as what I did, except that I used a new wire on a different place.
I used a old phone wire 2 pair, maybe it's not good enough.

This is what I did:

Code: Select all

iSense                 OTGW                   Central Heating
[    OT1   ]<---new--->[Termostat1]     
[    OT2   ]<---new--->[Termostat2]
                       [  Boiler1 ]<--------->[RED]			
                       [  Boiler2 ]<--------->[BLUE]
[   DIGI3  ]	
[   DIGI4  ]	
Domoticz on Raspberry Pi 3 with USB RFLink Gateway at 433 Mhz for several KAKU switches. Bluetooth Soma Smart Shades. USB Opentherm Gateway connected to Remeha iSense with Remeha Tzerra boiler. ITHO ecofan RFT (ESP8266+CC1101). Almost running homebridge.

najtram

Post by najtram » Friday 11 August 2017 10:37

I managed to get it working, while giving the OTGW a permanent place it did reconnect the wires (the same way as before) with the result that it did work now. (I think the USB didn't connect correctly before).

So happy dance! :lol:

Next step was to let the Remeha iSense know it could be controlled by the OTGW.

In Dutch, source homewizard kb site:
Van Remeha iSense en qSense thermostaten is bekend dat deze er 'van buiten' hetzelfde uitzien, maar dat er veel verschillende software versies in omloop zijn. Nieuwere versies ondersteunen override. Oudere niet en op sommige versies is bekend dat de 'override' functie eerst handmatig ingeschakeld moet worden door de gebruiker. Dit kan op de volgende manier:

Ga in het menu van de thermostaat naar 'Gebruikers > Gebruikersprofiel' en zet deze op 'Uitgebreid' (of 'Geavanceerd')
Ga vanuit het hoofdmenu naar 'Installateur > Externe toegang' en zet deze mogelijkheid op 'aan' (of 'Toegestaan').