Garagedoor sensor vision zg8101

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
harrykausl
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153

Garagedoor sensor vision zg8101

Post by harrykausl » Monday 25 December 2017 9:40

I have problems with this sensor. It works sometimes and sometimes not. I see it in the protocol. Last seen is on the last event, which is in the protocol. I changed the wakeup to 900 seconds, I changed the batterie, always the same. Has anyone else installed this sensor and can give me a advice. Thanks

lumjajo
Domoticz version:

Re: Garagedoor sensor vision zg8101

Post by lumjajo » Monday 01 January 2018 19:24

I have two of this sensors installed. Both wake up every time the door is moving.

jvdz
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by jvdz » Monday 01 January 2018 19:26

@harrykaulsl, Do you have a stable ZWAVE network with some powered ZWAVE switches in the neighborhood of these sensors?

Jos

lost
Domoticz version:

Post by lost » Thursday 04 January 2018 14:24

harrykausl wrote:
Monday 25 December 2017 9:40
I changed the wakeup to 900 seconds, I changed the batterie, always the same.
A low wake-up time will not change immediate open/close reporting problem. This is just the wake-up time setup for the device to ask for configuration updates to the controller.

The lower the setting, the quicker batteries will drain without any effect on the problem you have.

You may add/move an AC powered device that'll be able to relay this battery powered one as this may be a range problem. Or change z-wave controller location (not always easy, but sometimes just moving a USB one using a USB cable to a better place for radio range. Even only 1 meter can make huge difference in range if controller was inside a furniture).

Garage door is a bit far in my house. This is why I did not used battery powered device to report close status. I checked a bit the board driving the door motor, 24Vcc powered & with the ability to report a locked status after some dip switch config using this voltage. I then used a Qubino relay module (ZMNHND1) that can be powered in 24Vcc as well as 220Vac an have an added input (I2) that can be used to report a state (not only as an alternate way to drive the relay)... at the same level as power used (door locked = 24Vcc for my door motor).

So I can control (using the relay in // of local pushbutton command) & check door status with a single module. As it's not a battery powered one, range is better & it can also relay a battery PIR located in the garage that previously also had range problems.

harrykausl

Post by harrykausl » Sunday 07 January 2018 14:53

I will change the position of the sensor and see, if it works better. There is a lot of metal in the environment of the garage door.

lost
Domoticz version:

Post by lost » Monday 15 January 2018 7:55

harrykausl wrote:
Sunday 07 January 2018 14:53
I will change the position of the sensor and see, if it works better. There is a lot of metal in the environment of the garage door.
And usually the garage door itself is metal made... So, when possible, it's always better to stick with solutions that can fit inside the garage door control module that's usually located just under the ceilling & far from door: Always better for radio range.

harrykausl

Post by harrykausl » Monday 15 January 2018 10:18

I changed the position to outside of the metal frame. It did't help. I think the sensor has a problem. I sent it back to check it.

harrykausl

Post by harrykausl » Wednesday 31 January 2018 18:31

I got a new sensor back, now it seems to work.