Z-wave switches 'bouncing'

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
billytkid
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Z-wave switches 'bouncing'

Post by billytkid » Tuesday 12 December 2017 10:38

Hi all,

I've got some devices that bounce from off to on when events trigger them.

For instance sometimes when my night scene runs some of the outside lights turn off (as in the event), but then seconds later bounce back on. This happens randomly on a few devices.

Is there a way to troubleshoot or view the logs on what may be making this happen?

Thanks

BTK

lost
Domoticz version:

Re: Z-wave switches 'bouncing'

Post by lost » Tuesday 12 December 2017 11:01

billytkid wrote:
Tuesday 12 December 2017 10:38
Is there a way to troubleshoot or view the logs on what may be making this happen?
Hello,

You can use a device script that'll, for the device, just log it's state change. You can switch manually & then check Domoticz log to compare commands sent with your own switch actions.

I runned into similar problem with a qubino smart-meter, on the wired relay control side: According to qubino support, root cause was the device is quite long to report back switch change after a switch command is sent, up to 7s, fooling open-zwave. This was IMO a device firmware problem that qubino support pushed to OZW because not willing to correct their buggy thing...

I wrote some messages at the time, for instance the one with the workaround I still use (automates a manual action that, mostly, lead to a stable relay state when done with the right timing):
http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic ... rt#p130079

billytkid
Domoticz version:

Post by billytkid » Friday 05 January 2018 18:58

Thanks @lost for the reply

However I think your issue is when someone physically switches at one end and it bounces.

However I'm suffering from my automated Blockly events bouncing. ie @6pm turn light X on. at 6 it turns on, but a few seconds later turns off and stays off.

This happens on a number of zwave devices from a number of manufacturers.

lost
Domoticz version:

Post by lost » Sunday 07 January 2018 11:51

billytkid wrote:
Friday 05 January 2018 18:58
However I think your issue is when someone physically switches at one end and it bounces
Nop, this was on a switch without any control out of domoticz. Logging showed an almost immediate state reversal from a single user action. There was also no auto-off or pushbutton config in the switch itself.
Sending back command in a 1 to 3s timeframe experimentally lead to a stable state. I had to automatize this

billytkid
Domoticz version:

Post by billytkid » Tuesday 09 January 2018 14:02

Ok great,

I played some with this after your reply and I've found that adding in a 5 second delay between the items in the group fixed the issue.

It seems that Domoticz may have issues sending to several devices at exactly the same time.

thanks