Fibaro HeatController Topic is solved

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Saturday 23 December 2017 14:37

Hello!

Nearly the same issues that tiago here : the status sometimes turn red. In the log I have some timeout errors.

Nevertheless, if I change the setpoint using the mobile app or the web interface of Domoticz, the valve changes accordingly. But if I change the setpoint by clicking on the flame and then using the arrows, the valve reacts but the setpoint is not updated in domoticz..

RikkieB
Posts: 52
Joined: Monday 28 March 2016 17:11
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9732
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by RikkieB » Sunday 24 December 2017 23:03

What happens when you enable polling?

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Monday 25 December 2017 11:44

I have enabled ppolling. No change here. The change using the arrows by clicking on the flame are not considered by domoticz. And the title bar of setpoints are turned red. (What does the red colour mean?)

tigo72
Posts: 35
Joined: Friday 13 March 2015 10:19
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by tigo72 » Monday 25 December 2017 20:03

I can confirm that when polling is enabled and the external sensor FGBRS001 is paired, everything works in Domoticz as expected: I get a temperature device that appears to be accurate, and the set point device for the valve is quickly updated with the temperature you choose, either manually or through Domoticz. It seems to me that the external sensor is mandatory for the valve to fully function in Domoticz. The set is beautiful in my opinion, but the price tag is serious... I also wonder what the battery life of both sensor (polling every minute) and valve will be this way. I expect them to be rather short :?

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Monday 25 December 2017 20:37

tigo72 wrote:
Monday 25 December 2017 20:03
I can confirm that when polling is enabled and the external sensor FGBRS001 is paired, everything works in Domoticz as expected: I get a temperature device that appears to be accurate, and the set point device for the valve is quickly updated with the temperature you choose, either manually or through Domoticz. It seems to me that the external sensor is mandatory for the valve to fully function in Domoticz. The set is beautiful in my opinion, but the price tag is serious... I also wonder what the battery life of both sensor (polling every minute) and valve will be this way. I expect them to be rather short :?
It is working even if you update the setpoint by clicking on the flame and changing the value with the arrows?

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Monday 25 December 2017 23:02

Just now I have one device which has a red status in Domoticz, and I am not able anymore to send a new setpoint to this device (probably dead node)... I don't understand why domoticz does not give an error message when I send a new value... it display the new setpoint but the valve does not take it into account..

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Tuesday 26 December 2017 0:51

I have a lot of timeout errors (the sensor is 5metrs away from gen5 stick) :

2017-12-25 23:47:33.981 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 4195107924, NodeID: 3 (0x03)
2017-12-25 23:47:51.493 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 4195107924, NodeID: 3 (0x03)
2017-12-25 23:48:08.995 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 4195107924, NodeID: 3 (0x03)
2017-12-25 23:48:41.512 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 4195107924, NodeID: 3 (0x03)
2017-12-25 23:49:29.046 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 4195107924, NodeID: 3 (0x03)
2017-12-25 23:49:46.553 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 4195107924, NodeID: 3 (0x03)
2017-12-25 23:50:04.065 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 4195107924, NodeID: 3 (0x03)

tigo72
Posts: 35
Joined: Friday 13 March 2015 10:19
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by tigo72 » Tuesday 26 December 2017 12:55

samuelAN wrote:
Monday 25 December 2017 20:37
It is working even if you update the setpoint by clicking on the flame and changing the value with the arrows?
Yes. With polling enabled, I get the behavior one would expect of both valve and devices in Domoticz.
And the title bar of setpoints are turned red. (What does the red colour mean?)
I means that the device has been inactive for a while. If you operate the valve manually, the status may change to active again. Unless you lost connection to the valve altogether, which might explain your timeouts. Try to exclude the heat controller from you hardware, and include again. Enable polling and see what happens.

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Tuesday 26 December 2017 13:11

I canot explain timeout errors...

It seems to work now by using the arrows to change the setpoint, but I have to wait 30seconds to see the value in domoticz to be updated to the new setpoint. Even if the valve take it into account immediately.

tigo72
Posts: 35
Joined: Friday 13 March 2015 10:19
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by tigo72 » Tuesday 26 December 2017 13:23

samuelAN wrote:
Tuesday 26 December 2017 13:11
I canot explain timeout errors...

It seems to work now by using the arrows to change the setpoint, but I have to wait 30seconds to see the value in domoticz to be updated to the new setpoint. Even if the valve take it into account immediately.
That is because polling takes places every minute. So your setpoint device will change between 1 and 59 seconds after you set a new temperature.

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Tuesday 26 December 2017 13:29

Thank you tigo ;)

Now I have just to solve my timeout errors...

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Tuesday 26 December 2017 14:02

I suppose that polling will reduce considerably the life time of the battery...

It is not possible to poll the setpoint only when it is changed (to check that the modification has been well received and applied by the valve) and poll the temperature only using a larger interval?

RikkieB
Posts: 52
Joined: Monday 28 March 2016 17:11
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9732
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by RikkieB » Wednesday 27 December 2017 10:11

Indeed, battery life is decreased considerably with polling enabled. You can setup polling interval on your Aeotec ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 under hardware. I can imagine that this also works for other controllers.

Don’t know if it will effect only sensors which have polling enabled. I am going tot test this.

marmo
Posts: 25
Joined: Saturday 14 February 2015 17:22
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: Madrid, Spain
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by marmo » Wednesday 27 December 2017 14:44

Hi there, sharing also some observations out of me testing the FGT001 for some days.

+ I read up in this thread about some update to this device and the need to have HC2 for it. My system runs on the Aeon G5 stick but having my old HC2 available I removed the FGT001 from the stick and included it in HC2. No update available in the Advanced tab, not even that section for updating the firmware as you can see in other devices. Upgraded HC2 to the latest beta (4.152) and no changes. Maybe mine came updated already.

+ I echo the comments in this thread about the devices getting in red status after a period of time. Polling didnt help me here, they still get red after some period of time. Not impacted with this because they get back alive with the first JSON command shot.

+ Some scripting help me to get them updated as needed. But only when using JSON like in this sample, to change the 'Thermostat mode' to 0 (Off) or 1 (Heat):
json.htm?type=command&param=udevice&idx=613&nvalue=1

An anecdote regarding the hardcoded idx=613. If I try to get the idx by doing _idxValve = otherdevices_idx['MyThermostatModeDevice'] as I do in plenty of my scripts I get a zero value. Only for this device, others work fine. No clue why this or where the issue is (Domoticz? OpenZWave? The device itself?)

+ Read from @tigo72 "valve set point does not change properly". I can change succesfully both the SetPoint and Thermostat Mode, but only when doing through JSON. No clue why this.

Still happy though with it. Until now I have my old Danfoss valves that are very primitive, this FIbaro ones are far more reliable despite the little issues.

Enjoy.

RikkieB
Posts: 52
Joined: Monday 28 March 2016 17:11
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9732
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by RikkieB » Wednesday 27 December 2017 21:10

RikkieB wrote:
Wednesday 27 December 2017 10:11
Indeed, battery life is decreased considerably with polling enabled. You can setup polling interval on your Aeotec ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 under hardware. I can imagine that this also works for other controllers.

Don’t know if it will effect only sensors which have polling enabled. I am going tot test this.
Works good with polling interval adjusted. Other sensors work ok (They don't have polling enabled)

RikkieB
Posts: 52
Joined: Monday 28 March 2016 17:11
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9732
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by RikkieB » Wednesday 27 December 2017 21:17

Still the issue of not seeing the read-only tags in '3. Additional functions status (READ-ONLY)'
It does not appear in the config settings at all, even not in read-only mode (as it should)

Available settings:
1 (bit 0) - optional temperature sensor connected and operational
2 (bit 1) - open window detected
Default setting:
0
Parameter size:
4 [bytes]

What could be the cause for this?
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2017-12-27 om 20.11.21.png
Schermafbeelding 2017-12-27 om 20.11.21.png (180.05 KiB) Viewed 1361 times

tigo72
Posts: 35
Joined: Friday 13 March 2015 10:19
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by tigo72 » Friday 29 December 2017 11:56

This heat controller is starting to frustrate me: For one, the necessity of polling quickly drains the battery. This is especially a problem for the external sensor.

But even worse: the valve does not work properly, at least not currently in Domoticz. I've set a default temp of 16 degrees in the room with the valve and the sensor. I also use a temperature reading from a smoke sensor to have a second source. Every morning when the heating system warms my house, the temperature in the room with the heat controller rockets to 19,5 degrees or more. The valve says 16 degrees but no way. I don't even need sensors to assess that it's about 20 degrees in that room. I think the only reason it doesn't get hotter is that my central heating system has reached its max temperature set in the living room. I don't see how this behavior of the valve could be a smart script or otherwise intentional behavior on the side of Fibaro's programmers. It's just a waste of energy. Yes I read that the valve already needs a firmware update according to Fibaro, but then we get into the usual frustration of not being able to update without an outdated and overpriced Fibaro controller...

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Friday 29 December 2017 12:20

tigo72 wrote:
Friday 29 December 2017 11:56
This heat controller is starting to frustrate me: For one, the necessity of polling quickly drains the battery. This is especially a problem for the external sensor.

But even worse: the valve does not work properly, at least not currently in Domoticz. I've set a default temp of 16 degrees in the room with the valve and the sensor. I also use a temperature reading from a smoke sensor to have a second source. Every morning when the heating system warms my house, the temperature in the room with the heat controller rockets to 19,5 degrees or more. The valve says 16 degrees but no way. I don't even need sensors to assess that it's about 20 degrees in that room. I think the only reason it doesn't get hotter is that my central heating system has reached its max temperature set in the living room. I don't see how this behavior of the valve could be a smart script or otherwise intentional behavior on the side of Fibaro's programmers. It's just a waste of energy. Yes I read that the valve already needs a firmware update according to Fibaro, but then we get into the usual frustration of not being able to update without an outdated and overpriced Fibaro controller...
Hi Tigo,

It seems that what you are describing is exactly the same issue encountered by other people on the Fibaro forum. Even if they use the Fibaro controller, they have this issue.

I agree with you that this is a shame to sell a valve at this price with this kind of huge issue that should have been discovered early by Fibaro engineers..

The only one thing that we can do Is to wait the firmware upgrade. I have contacted Fibaro and they said that the new firmware will not be available before 01/18. I don't have any release date yet. I have already contacted a local Fibaro reseller that would accept to upgrade my devices with his home center. You should do the same...

Regards,

Samuel

samuelAN
Posts: 26
Joined: Tuesday 12 December 2017 15:51
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by samuelAN » Friday 29 December 2017 16:03

RikkieB wrote:
Wednesday 27 December 2017 21:17
Still the issue of not seeing the read-only tags in '3. Additional functions status (READ-ONLY)'
It does not appear in the config settings at all, even not in read-only mode (as it should)

Available settings:
1 (bit 0) - optional temperature sensor connected and operational
2 (bit 1) - open window detected
Default setting:
0
Parameter size:
4 [bytes]

What could be the cause for this?
Hi Rikkie,

Good question...

There are some switches that are available in the device list when one valve is added. Maybe the state report of these switches are the state of these variables?

tigo72
Posts: 35
Joined: Friday 13 March 2015 10:19
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Fibaro HeatController

Post by tigo72 » Friday 29 December 2017 17:01

Well you know samualAN, I am willing to accept that sometimes things go wrong. No problem, as long as the problem will be fixed properly. And this is where I--and many others--have a problem with Fibaro. The not-so-local reseller of Fibaro charges me per device. That's even more money spent on Fibaro products. I am willing to pay for design and functionality, hence I buy this stuff, but I shouldn't have to pay MORE to have a product that works as advertised. Of course, the customer friendly way to solve this issue is that Fibaro enables Domoticz users to update devices that are being sold and advertised by Fibaro as stand alone products compatible with other Zwave systems. [[deep sigh]] I know it's a long heard complaint, and I won't bother users of this forum with it once more. I just put my grief and sorrow on the Fibaro forum, where it belongs. At one point, they will have to give in :? Perhaps may example could be followed...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: przemhb and 7 guests