Cheap chinese z-wave products

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
DarkAllMan
Posts: 36
Joined: Friday 23 December 2016 10:41
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by DarkAllMan » Friday 30 December 2016 15:13

neopp.PNG
neopp.PNG (15.34 KiB) Viewed 911 times
Received and added Neo Coolcam powerplug. But can someone explain all the devices and how to use them?
I can use the switch, but have no idea what to do with the rest :)

User avatar
sincze
Posts: 728
Joined: Monday 02 June 2014 22:46
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by sincze » Saturday 31 December 2016 12:23

DarkAllMan wrote:
neopp.PNG
Received and added Neo Coolcam powerplug. But can someone explain all the devices and how to use them?
I can use the switch, but have no idea what to do with the rest :)
A nice overview of what you receive for around 30 euro

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Using Pass2php since 2016-12
LAN: RFLink, P1-Port, OTGW, MySensors
USB: RFXCom, ZWave
WIFI: Mi-light Wifi-Bridge, Sonoff, ESP8266, Xiaomi Gateway
Solar: Omnik Inverter, PVOutput
Video: Kodi clients with Harmony HUB
Sensors: You name it I probably got 1.

zalsson
Posts: 19
Joined: Friday 04 November 2016 16:18
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by zalsson » Saturday 31 December 2016 12:29

Really crapy build, the ground connector is just forced together with that little screw that is screwed to the plastic... This can't meet any standard. You unscrew and their is no ground, and you don't even know if it's connected when you screw it together again. Just hope the metal touch each other.
Safe haha

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 456
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Saturday 31 December 2016 13:00

DarkAllMan wrote:neopp.PNG

Received and added Neo Coolcam powerplug. But can someone explain all the devices and how to use them?
I can use the switch, but have no idea what to do with the rest :)
As the users manual clearly explains, the power plug is able to monitor your energy consumption. So 10 or 11 (you'll see that after a day or so) will be your total consumption (in kwh), 11 is the current consumption (or the total, you'll see that), 12 is the current voltage while 13 is the current ampere.

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 456
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Saturday 31 December 2016 13:05

zalsson wrote:Really crapy build, the ground connector is just forced together with that little screw that is screwed to the plastic... This can't meet any standard. You unscrew and their is no ground, and you don't even know if it's connected when you screw it together again. Just hope the metal touch each other.
Safe haha

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe yours is a defective one?

zalsson
Posts: 19
Joined: Friday 04 November 2016 16:18
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by zalsson » Saturday 31 December 2016 13:23

LouiS22 wrote:
zalsson wrote:Really crapy build, the ground connector is just forced together with that little screw that is screwed to the plastic... This can't meet any standard. You unscrew and their is no ground, and you don't even know if it's connected when you screw it together again. Just hope the metal touch each other.
Safe haha

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe yours is a defective one?
Haha one of four broken, it's not that.
Its the way it's build, that ground is connected thru a single little screw that easily will brake. And that's for all four.

You have to be a seller for coolcam? Right? Because you argue like it's your own personal stuff, and can't see the fact that it's "cheap" Chinese quality. That not meet the the other manufacturers standard and quality/ control... But it's a little cheaper, will buy fibaro next time and can't recommend this after a couple of weeks use.

zalsson
Posts: 19
Joined: Friday 04 November 2016 16:18
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by zalsson » Saturday 31 December 2016 13:42

ImageImageImage

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk

zalsson
Posts: 19
Joined: Friday 04 November 2016 16:18
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by zalsson » Saturday 31 December 2016 13:51

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 456
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Saturday 31 December 2016 13:54

zalsson wrote:
LouiS22 wrote:
zalsson wrote:Really crapy build, the ground connector is just forced together with that little screw that is screwed to the plastic... This can't meet any standard. You unscrew and their is no ground, and you don't even know if it's connected when you screw it together again. Just hope the metal touch each other.
Safe haha

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe yours is a defective one?
Haha one of four broken, it's not that.
Its the way it's build, that ground is connected thru a single little screw that easily will brake. And that's for all four.

You have to be a seller for coolcam? Right? Because you argue like it's your own personal stuff, and can't see the fact that it's "cheap" Chinese quality. That not meet the the other manufacturers standard and quality/ control... But it's a little cheaper, will buy fibaro next time and can't recommend this after a couple of weeks use.
No, I'm not a seller, just a happy user. And btw you're rude.

zalsson
Posts: 19
Joined: Friday 04 November 2016 16:18
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by zalsson » Saturday 31 December 2016 13:55

LouiS22 wrote:
zalsson wrote:
LouiS22 wrote:
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe yours is a defective one?
Haha one of four broken, it's not that.
Its the way it's build, that ground is connected thru a single little screw that easily will brake. And that's for all four.

You have to be a seller for coolcam? Right? Because you argue like it's your own personal stuff, and can't see the fact that it's "cheap" Chinese quality. That not meet the the other manufacturers standard and quality/ control... But it's a little cheaper, will buy fibaro next time and can't recommend this after a couple of weeks use.
No, I'm not a seller, just a happy user. And btw you're rude.
Yeah right

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk

mschut
Posts: 136
Joined: Sunday 23 February 2014 22:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V3.5613
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by mschut » Saturday 31 December 2016 14:14

Nice pictures. Shows its build clearly. Did you find any fuse? Two of mine "died". Am wondering whether it's repearable or not.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

zalsson
Posts: 19
Joined: Friday 04 November 2016 16:18
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by zalsson » Saturday 31 December 2016 14:22

mschut wrote:Nice pictures. Shows its build clearly. Did you find any fuse? Two of mine "died". Am wondering whether it's repearable or not.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
No fuse, I think, dead is dead :(

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk

mschut
Posts: 136
Joined: Sunday 23 February 2014 22:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V3.5613
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by mschut » Saturday 31 December 2016 14:24

zalsson wrote:
mschut wrote:Nice pictures. Shows its build clearly. Did you find any fuse? Two of mine "died". Am wondering whether it's repearable or not.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
No fuse, I think, dead is dead :(

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk
No Penny Dreadful magic indeed. Luckily good after sales service.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

deennoo
Posts: 913
Joined: Wednesday 10 December 2014 14:06
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Bordeaux France
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by deennoo » Saturday 31 December 2016 14:49

Got 2 power plug on my side one from august, one from november and no worry with them.

Yeap i don't plug/unplug them every day, i don't open them. Just use them on a normal way...and just respect zwave inclusion recommandation :

Put them on their definitve place, and inclued them...
Domoticz stable 3.5877 for real & Domoticz beta for test
Rfxtrxe / RFLink / Milight / Yeelight / ESP8266 / MQTT / BLE
http://domo-attitude.fr

Justintime
Posts: 319
Joined: Thursday 21 May 2015 9:08
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by Justintime » Monday 02 January 2017 1:07

Got two of them still going strong.

Really don't understand all the fuzz of the ground pin... Looks well to me.

trixwood
Posts: 510
Joined: Friday 18 March 2016 8:20
Target OS: -
Domoticz version: Offline
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by trixwood » Monday 02 January 2017 7:20

Really don't understand all the fuzz of the ground pin... Looks well to me.
Well that the insurance won't pay when you burn you're house down...

But no fuse? Really?

Justintime
Posts: 319
Joined: Thursday 21 May 2015 9:08
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by Justintime » Monday 02 January 2017 10:59

trixwood wrote:
Really don't understand all the fuzz of the ground pin... Looks well to me.
Well that the insurance won't pay when you burn you're house down...

But no fuse? Really?
There is a fuse in it... I can see it.

It's a polyfuse. So don't panic all if you don't know electronics.

trixwood
Posts: 510
Joined: Friday 18 March 2016 8:20
Target OS: -
Domoticz version: Offline
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by trixwood » Monday 02 January 2017 11:26

fuzz i meant to type no fuzz... :-) but no fuse works too...

neo powerplug, no fuzz, no grounds for no fuse...

Justintime
Posts: 319
Joined: Thursday 21 May 2015 9:08
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by Justintime » Monday 02 January 2017 11:37

Neo Powerplug, with a Fuse and ground. (lots of appliance powerplugs even don't have ground)
So indeed no Fuzz. Use it with confidence. Least I will if need more.

Guess some people are a bit frustrated because of a defective product. Please claim your guarantee with the seller.
Last edited by Justintime on Monday 02 January 2017 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

mschut
Posts: 136
Joined: Sunday 23 February 2014 22:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V3.5613
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by mschut » Monday 02 January 2017 11:39

is the fuse replaceable? Prefer that in stead of returning.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests