Cheap chinese z-wave products

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Wednesday 25 October 2017 12:54

TheCondor wrote:
Wednesday 25 October 2017 12:42
I've a domux/heiman flood sensor, correctly paired and recognized. By the way every two days it turns ON without any logic. I already tried to repair, reset etc etc but nothing change. Stays off for two-three days and after.... bang, ON without sense.
Could be a fault unit or maybe an error in the xml? The flood parameter in the OWZW web gui is always at 254...
Heiman's stuff are tend to do this: their smoke sensor does the same (ie triggers without sense). You can try to report them this as an issue (they already corrected their buggy firmware for temp/hum sensor). Downside: you cannot upgrade the firmware by yourself.

I don't own this sensor, and according to my knowledge, fellow user micha_pr (http://www.zwave-review.com/tests/Heima ... sensor.php) haven't noticed this behaviour. So it's possible that your sensor is faulty or... are you really sure that it's not contacted with water (or any liquid, or dew?) Try remove it from the current place and place it somewhere else (ie a dry environment) to see what happens.

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Wednesday 25 October 2017 12:58

N1co wrote:
Tuesday 24 October 2017 12:02
I have a neo coolcam door sensor now for a month, but battery level is still at 100%. This can not be possible right?
It depends on the usage. Does the door opens/closes a lot, or once in a while? If the latter, then it's possible that the battery is still at 100%. But you have to know that there's something fishy with battery reporting in openzwave (or domoticz, I don't know): there were reports in the past with other stuff not reporting correcly (or not reporting at all). Also, if possible, try remove the battery and do a voltage metering with a proper device. Then you will know the battery's actual voltage (and have an estimate if 100% is correct or not). In my own oberservation Neo's firmware is pretty good handling voltage, their stuff's are not battery eaters.

micha_pr
Posts: 414
Joined: Friday 24 October 2014 12:26
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Germany, Berlin
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by micha_pr » Wednesday 25 October 2017 17:32

N1co wrote:
Tuesday 24 October 2017 12:02
I have a neo coolcam door sensor now for a month, but battery level is still at 100%. This can not be possible right?
Yes, this is ok. The sensor is very good designed.
I have it since 3 months - and still a full battery (have checked with volt meter)
Michael Pruefer
----------------------------
http://www.zwave-review.com (German only)
http://www.SmartHome.Work (German only)

micha_pr
Posts: 414
Joined: Friday 24 October 2014 12:26
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Germany, Berlin
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by micha_pr » Wednesday 25 October 2017 17:40

EddyG wrote:
Sunday 02 July 2017 13:01
I saw that in openzwave the manufacturer ID of Domux is now 0x021c and Heiman is 0x0260
Only for information - this is wrong too. I will correct it also at OpenZwave within next days.
0x21C - this is isurpass, a manufacturer from Shenzhen, China (www.isurpass.com.cn).
Can be checked at Z-Wave alliance page.
I already have got a product list (with the id's) from them and will change it.

It's bad that "everybody" can insert wrong manufacturers in the manufacture XML without checking.
Michael Pruefer
----------------------------
http://www.zwave-review.com (German only)
http://www.SmartHome.Work (German only)

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Thursday 26 October 2017 12:54

micha_pr wrote:
Wednesday 25 October 2017 17:40
EddyG wrote:
Sunday 02 July 2017 13:01
I saw that in openzwave the manufacturer ID of Domux is now 0x021c and Heiman is 0x0260
Only for information - this is wrong too. I will correct it also at OpenZwave within next days.
0x21C - this is isurpass, a manufacturer from Shenzhen, China (www.isurpass.com.cn).
Can be checked at Z-Wave alliance page.
I already have got a product list (with the id's) from them and will change it.

It's bad that "everybody" can insert wrong manufacturers in the manufacture XML without checking.
Isn't that possible Issurpass "lost" this id, or "sold" it? The only certified device from them is from 2015. Or am I wrong?

micha_pr
Posts: 414
Joined: Friday 24 October 2014 12:26
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Germany, Berlin
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by micha_pr » Thursday 26 October 2017 13:16

LouiS22 wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 12:54
Isn't that possible Issurpass "lost" this id, or "sold" it? The only certified device from them is from 2015. Or am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong :)
isurpass is official Z-Wave manufacturer and Domux is an OEM.
you can look as sample here https://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave_allia ... companies/
or in product list - by manufacturer.

And yes, they have only one certified product - some in certification, some will be certified by the OEM with own brand.
There are some such identical products - certified with different brands ;)

BTW: new manufacturer will never get the same ID from Alliance...
Michael Pruefer
----------------------------
http://www.zwave-review.com (German only)
http://www.SmartHome.Work (German only)

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Thursday 26 October 2017 13:30

micha_pr wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 13:16
LouiS22 wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 12:54
Isn't that possible Issurpass "lost" this id, or "sold" it? The only certified device from them is from 2015. Or am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong :)
isurpass is official Z-Wave manufacturer and Domux is an OEM.
you can look as sample here https://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave_allia ... companies/
or in product list - by manufacturer.

And yes, they have only one certified product - some in certification, some will be certified by the OEM with own brand.
There are some such identical products - certified with different brands ;)

BTW: new manufacturer will never get the same ID from Alliance...
I'm such an idiot: domux is an OEM, produced by Heiman.

IDANIT
Posts: 86
Joined: Saturday 07 November 2015 11:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by IDANIT » Thursday 26 October 2017 16:10

Has anyone has a huge lag after hitting Light Switch? 1-3sec. Not in Domoticz, the switch itself.

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Thursday 26 October 2017 16:34

IDANIT wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 16:10
Has anyone has a huge lag after hitting Light Switch? 1-3sec. Not in Domoticz, the switch itself.
Neo's light switch?

There's a slight lag - I would say around 1 sec (or less, didn't measure it), but I can live with that. But it's certainly not 3 seconds or so. Touch, clicking noise, light goes on.

IDANIT
Posts: 86
Joined: Saturday 07 November 2015 11:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by IDANIT » Thursday 26 October 2017 17:20

Well, touch, 2 sec, clicking noise, light go on, here.

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Thursday 26 October 2017 21:03

IDANIT wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 17:20
Well, touch, 2 sec, clicking noise, light go on, here.
Ok, I measure it: it's less than 1 sec here. Wild guess: maybe your bulbs need to "warm up"?

IDANIT
Posts: 86
Joined: Saturday 07 November 2015 11:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by IDANIT » Thursday 26 October 2017 21:18

LouiS22 wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 21:03
IDANIT wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 17:20
Well, touch, 2 sec, clicking noise, light go on, here.
Ok, I measure it: it's less than 1 sec here. Wild guess: maybe your bulbs need to "warm up"?
;) once again touch, 2sec, clicking noise, light go on :D

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Thursday 26 October 2017 21:55

IDANIT wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 21:18
LouiS22 wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 21:03
IDANIT wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 17:20
Well, touch, 2 sec, clicking noise, light go on, here.
Ok, I measure it: it's less than 1 sec here. Wild guess: maybe your bulbs need to "warm up"?
;) once again touch, 2sec, clicking noise, light go on :D
Weird.

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Friday 27 October 2017 15:14

IDANIT wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 21:18
LouiS22 wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 21:03
IDANIT wrote:
Thursday 26 October 2017 17:20
Well, touch, 2 sec, clicking noise, light go on, here.
Ok, I measure it: it's less than 1 sec here. Wild guess: maybe your bulbs need to "warm up"?
;) once again touch, 2sec, clicking noise, light go on :D
Have you checked your OZW network and also the logs? The clicking noise is obviously the relay which controls the lights, and it seems the command takes 2 seconds to route via your network. Pretty weird, I've just tested with my other switch and it's almost instantly routed (ie turned the light on).

IDANIT
Posts: 86
Joined: Saturday 07 November 2015 11:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by IDANIT » Saturday 28 October 2017 8:35

I restored the factory settings (hold the button for 10 seconds) so no connection with z-wave network at all. But nothing changed. So next I will check in wall connection, and probably send it for RMA.

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Saturday 28 October 2017 8:50

IDANIT wrote:
Saturday 28 October 2017 8:35
I restored the factory settings (hold the button for 10 seconds) so no connection with z-wave network at all. But nothing changed. So next I will check in wall connection, and probably send it for RMA.
Yeah, pretty sure that's the wisest solution.

User avatar
sincze
Posts: 940
Joined: Monday 02 June 2014 22:46
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by sincze » Saturday 04 November 2017 11:02

For people who are interested in this offer. This is a sharp price. And EU version. So it seems OK https://www.tomtop.com/p-s1473eu.html[I ... 871916.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Using Pass2php since 2016-12
LAN: RFLink, P1-Port, OTGW, MySensors
USB: RFXCom, ZWave
WIFI: Mi-light Wifi-Bridge, Sonoff, ESP8266, Xiaomi Gateway
Solar: Omnik Inverter, PVOutput
Video: Kodi clients with Harmony HUB
Sensors: You name it I probably got 1.

bink
Posts: 22
Joined: Friday 21 August 2015 13:41
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by bink » Friday 10 November 2017 22:07

geezerrr wrote:
Tuesday 17 October 2017 13:28
Yes I have! Working very well! One remark it’s a a+++ freezer. Max usage 170watt
Did you need to do anything special to get the energy readings? I currently only get watt, but no kwh data seems to be logged. Tried to get it working by enabling "polling" and changing parameter "6. Configure power report: " to 1 but that doesn't seem to make a difference...

Image

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 482
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Monday 13 November 2017 10:31

bink wrote:
Friday 10 November 2017 22:07
geezerrr wrote:
Tuesday 17 October 2017 13:28
Yes I have! Working very well! One remark it’s a a+++ freezer. Max usage 170watt
Did you need to do anything special to get the energy readings? I currently only get watt, but no kwh data seems to be logged. Tried to get it working by enabling "polling" and changing parameter "6. Configure power report: " to 1 but that doesn't seem to make a difference...

Image
With which device? :) Neo? (Sorry, lost between lines)

User avatar
gielie
Posts: 219
Joined: Tuesday 12 January 2016 12:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: latest β
Location: The Netherlands (Alkmaar)
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by gielie » Monday 13 November 2017 10:35

bink wrote:
Friday 10 November 2017 22:07
geezerrr wrote:
Tuesday 17 October 2017 13:28
Yes I have! Working very well! One remark it’s a a+++ freezer. Max usage 170watt
Did you need to do anything special to get the energy readings? I currently only get watt, but no kwh data seems to be logged. Tried to get it working by enabling "polling" and changing parameter "6. Configure power report: " to 1 but that doesn't seem to make a difference...

Image
I have the same problem with my neo power plugs, when i exclude/include them again it is back but only a few days. They have been working correctly for months. Maybe this is the downside of cheap chinese plugs.
- Vision ZU1401 USB Stick
- Aeotec MultiSensor 6
- FIBARO FGS222
- FIBARO FGWPE Wall Plug
- Everspring AN157
- Neo CoolCam Power plug
- Neo CoolCam PIR Sensor
- Popp Smoke Detector
- Toon
- Kodi Media Server

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests