For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
Nautilus
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by Nautilus » Monday 04 September 2017 14:11

nmaster wrote:
Monday 04 September 2017 14:02
I have no issue for CR123A, CR2 or 14250 batteries I use rechargeables ones successfully on mutiple devices.
Out of curiosity, which kind of rechargeables are you using, especially with CR123A? When I was looking into this, I found they are hard to come by especially with a correct voltage so that the (security related) devices would work reliably? Would be very nice to find some good rechargeable options...:)

LouiS22

Post by LouiS22 » Monday 04 September 2017 14:35

nmaster wrote:
Monday 04 September 2017 14:02
OK LouiS22,

I already have power plugs and water leak sensors from NEO, giving me good results.

Now, I'm extending my home automation system with motion sensors and door sensors.

As I red, NEO devices have some parameters that can be adjusted contrary to Heiman ones.

I have no issue for CR123A, CR2 or 14250 batteries I use rechargeables ones successfully on mutiple devices.

So for now I will try NEO motion sensor and Door sensor.

But I probably order Temp / Hum sensors from Heiman.
If you take my advice (and also mischa's, according to his review), you won't buy it! Heiman's temphum sensor is a battery eater. I got mine 3 weeks ago and the battery is nearly empty now! (I ordered rechargeable CR batteries for it). While it's temperature sensor seems ok (I've tested with 2 other sensors next to it, the results were pretty the same), I really don't think it's ok to empty a battery within a month. It's probably ok in a place where temperature and humidity is not changing so often (so it doesn't measure and send it again and again), but in a place where conditions are changing, it's a no go. My advice: take a 433 mhz sensor (if you have RFXCOM/RFLINK), or build one with an ESP8266 (much more fun :) ).

Westcott
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by Westcott » Monday 04 September 2017 14:37

What you want is LiFePO4 rechargeables.
They have the same voltage as the non-rechargeable ones.
In my Fibaro motion sensors they last over 3 months.
I bought 4 complete with the matching charger.
Ordinary Li-on chargers won't work.
Zwave - Sigma Z+ stick, Fibaro 2x FGSD002, FGMS001, Horstmann - 2x HRT4, 2x C-stat-11,
4x ASR-ZW, Aeon Micro Switch, 2x TKB TZ68E
Max-EQ Cube, Valve
RFXtrx433E, RFlink - 1byone driveway, doorbell, Oregon and BangGood temp
Wifi - YeeLight RGB, 3x ESP8266

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Monday 04 September 2017 14:45

Westcott wrote:
Monday 04 September 2017 14:37
What you want is LiFePO4 rechargeables.
They have the same voltage as the non-rechargeable ones.
In my Fibaro motion sensors they last over 3 months.
I bought 4 complete with the matching charger.
Ordinary Li-on chargers won't work.
Thanks, any suggestions on where to buy? Would be most excellent if you could provide a link to a suitable product e.g. in Aliexpress or similar..:D

nmaster
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.6304

Post by nmaster » Tuesday 05 September 2017 10:23

Hi Nautilus, I use LifePO4 batteries like this ones:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1134102

nmaster
Domoticz version: 3.6304

Post by nmaster » Tuesday 05 September 2017 10:34

Hi LouiS22,

Yes you are right for temp / hum sensor from Heiman, I misenderstood the battery issues because of the update notice at the begining of the review talking about Zwave+ compatibility.

As Zwave+ enable devices to use less engergy I thought the issue was more or less resolved, it was a misinterpretation on my part.

LouiS22

Post by LouiS22 » Wednesday 13 September 2017 21:59

FYI, just provided xml for Neo Coolcam 1 channel light switch into openzwave. Should be in domoticz after Gizmocouz updates domoticz's database.

Goldwing1973
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by Goldwing1973 » Wednesday 13 September 2017 22:24

westd001 wrote:
Saturday 19 August 2017 23:45
Hi guys,

I just made my own xml definitions for the Neo Coolcam NAS-SC 2 channel wall switch EU version because I can't find them on theOpen Zwave alliance site or Github. I am now able to switch off the LEDS. It's not exactly as described in the manual but I managed to switch them off. Here is the code,

In the manufacturer_specific.xml file I added this line at the end of the Neo Coolcam part:

Code: Select all

<Product type="0003" id="108b" name="Dual channel wallswitch" config="shenzen_neo/nas-sc02.xml"/>
and I added file nas-sc02.xml to the folder /home/pi/domoticz/Config/shenzen_neo with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Product xmlns='http://code.google.com/p/open-zwave/'>
  <!--
  Shenzhen NEO Electronics (Neo-CoolCam) Smart Power Plug
  http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/xxxx
  -->
  <!-- Configuration Parameters -->
  <CommandClass id="112">
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="1" label="Back light Enable" value="1" size="1">
      <Help>This parameter defines the back light state of the touch button.</Help>
      <Item label="Disable" value="0"/>
      <Item label="Enable" value="1"/>
    </Value>
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="2" label="Relay On/Off indicate" value="1" size="1">
      <Help>This parameter defines the relay state.</Help>
    </Value>
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="3" label="Relay On/Off States Saved Enable" value="1" size="1">
      <Help>This parameter defines the on/off status of relay needs to be saved.</Help>
    </Value>
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="4" label="Root Device Mapped Setting" value="1" size="1">
    </Value>
  </CommandClass>
  <!-- Association Groups -->
  <CommandClass id="133">
    <Associations num_groups="3">
      <Group index="1" max_associations="5" label="Lifeline"/>
      <Group index="2" max_associations="5" label="Sending Report Endpoint 1"/>
      <Group index="3" max_associations="5" label="Sending Report Endpoint 2"/>
    </Associations>
  </CommandClass>
</Product>
I wait for the official files but for the time being its OK for me.

Have fun with it.

Regards
JJ

Thanks alot, it works like a charm, only strange thing, i get 3 on/off devices, Switch 1, Switch 2 and Switch 3.
Both Switch 2 and 3 control the same button.

[Turn On] 318 Aeon Labs Z-Wave+ USB 00001203 1 BG Woonkamer Switch 3 Light/Switch Switch Off - - [Set Unused] [Rename Device] [Log] 2017-09-12 16:53:41
[Turn Off] 317 Aeon Labs Z-Wave+ USB 00001202 1 BG Woonkamer Switch 2 Light/Switch Switch On - - [Set Unused] [Rename Device] [Log] 2017-09-13 21:58:38
[Turn On] 316 Aeon Labs Z-Wave+ USB 00001201 1 BG Woonkamer Switch 1 Light/Switch Switch Off - - [Set Unused] [Rename Device] [Log] 2017-09-13 21:58:04

But again, it works great, i ordered a couple more during the AliExpress sale. (€18,80 a piece) so i can replace all the wall switches with these cool switches.
Over 50 Z-Wave Devices (Fibaro and Neo), 4xLogitech Hub, 2xPhilips Hue Bridge+55 Lights, 1x Nest Thermostat, 2xNetatmo Weather Station, 1xSkybell v1 Doorbell, 3 Kwikset KEVO Doorlocks and Domoticz running on a Intel NUC

LouiS22

Post by LouiS22 » Thursday 14 September 2017 8:53

Goldwing1973 wrote:
Wednesday 13 September 2017 22:24
westd001 wrote:
Saturday 19 August 2017 23:45
Hi guys,

I just made my own xml definitions for the Neo Coolcam NAS-SC 2 channel wall switch EU version because I can't find them on theOpen Zwave alliance site or Github. I am now able to switch off the LEDS. It's not exactly as described in the manual but I managed to switch them off. Here is the code,

In the manufacturer_specific.xml file I added this line at the end of the Neo Coolcam part:

<Product type="0003" id="108b" name="Dual channel wallswitch" config="shenzen_neo/nas-sc02.xml"/>
and I added file nas-sc02.xml to the folder /home/pi/domoticz/Config/shenzen_neo with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Product xmlns='http://code.google.com/p/open-zwave/'>
  <!--
  Shenzhen NEO Electronics (Neo-CoolCam) Smart Power Plug
  http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/xxxx
  -->
  <!-- Configuration Parameters -->
  <CommandClass id="112">
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="1" label="Back light Enable" value="1" size="1">
      <Help>This parameter defines the back light state of the touch button.</Help>
    </Value>
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="2" label="Relay On/Off indicate" value="1" size="1">
    </Value>
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="3" label="Relay On/Off States Saved Enable" value="1" size="1">
      <Help>This parameter defines the on/off status of relay needs to be saved.</Help>
    </Value>
    <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="4" label="Root Device Mapped Setting" value="1" size="1">
    </Value>
  </CommandClass>
  <!-- Association Groups -->
  <CommandClass id="133">
    <Associations num_groups="3">
      <Group index="1" max_associations="5" label="Lifeline"/>
      <Group index="2" max_associations="5" label="Sending Report Endpoint 1"/>
      <Group index="3" max_associations="5" label="Sending Report Endpoint 2"/>
    </Associations>
  </CommandClass>
</Product>
I wait for the official files but for the time being its OK for me.

Have fun with it.

Regards
JJ

Thanks alot, it works like a charm, only strange thing, i get 3 on/off devices, Switch 1, Switch 2 and Switch 3.
Both Switch 2 and 3 control the same button.

[Turn On] 318 Aeon Labs Z-Wave+ USB 00001203 1 BG Woonkamer Switch 3 Light/Switch Switch Off - - [Set Unused] [Rename Device] [Log] 2017-09-12 16:53:41
[Turn Off] 317 Aeon Labs Z-Wave+ USB 00001202 1 BG Woonkamer Switch 2 Light/Switch Switch On - - [Set Unused] [Rename Device] [Log] 2017-09-13 21:58:38
[Turn On] 316 Aeon Labs Z-Wave+ USB 00001201 1 BG Woonkamer Switch 1 Light/Switch Switch Off - - [Set Unused] [Rename Device] [Log] 2017-09-13 21:58:04

But again, it works great, i ordered a couple more during the AliExpress sale. (€18,80 a piece) so i can replace all the wall switches with these cool switches.
Yes, Indeed, and as far as I remember, the 1 channel one also created two identical devices. Not a biggie, deleted one, using the other. The important thing that it's working :D

Goldwing1973
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by Goldwing1973 » Thursday 14 September 2017 14:10

Today i recieved my iHomecam Motion Sensors, hoping that they would be recognized in Domoticz.
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Z-wave-P ... 65201.html

But as you might have guessed, they show up like this "Z-Wave+ node Reporting Sleeping Slave Home Security Sensor Kaipule Unknown: type=0003, id=0002"

Does anyone have a working XML file for this PIR sensor?

And does anyone know if its possible to disable the LED in the PIR? i want to put this one in a bedroom but don't want a red flashing light every time i turn in my bed.
Over 50 Z-Wave Devices (Fibaro and Neo), 4xLogitech Hub, 2xPhilips Hue Bridge+55 Lights, 1x Nest Thermostat, 2xNetatmo Weather Station, 1xSkybell v1 Doorbell, 3 Kwikset KEVO Doorlocks and Domoticz running on a Intel NUC

LouiS22

Post by LouiS22 » Thursday 14 September 2017 14:41

Goldwing1973 wrote:
Thursday 14 September 2017 14:10
Today i recieved my iHomecam Motion Sensors, hoping that they would be recognized in Domoticz.
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Z-wave-P ... 65201.html

But as you might have guessed, they show up like this "Z-Wave+ node Reporting Sleeping Slave Home Security Sensor Kaipule Unknown: type=0003, id=0002"

Does anyone have a working XML file for this PIR sensor?

And does anyone know if its possible to disable the LED in the PIR? i want to put this one in a bedroom but don't want a red flashing light every time i turn in my bed.
Maybe you should read the manual (hopefully they provided one). If it contains references to the LED off, then it's probably possible.
As for the xml: this sensor doesn't look familiar (you can check the z-wave certified devices at the zwave alliance website). This is one of the downsides ordering from China: you take the cheapest ones, but it could be a cheap clone with counterfreit chips, etc. This doesn't mean it's not working, but it's hard to get supported by openzwave (if it's a counterfeit chipped one, they won't let you include it in openzwave database, because they don't want a legal case).
The id you provided ('type=0003, id=0002") belongs to a smart mini plug by permundo.

My advice: next time read back here to see there was a chatter about the specific device or not, or try to compare the product photo with the zwave alliance database.