Move from HomeSeer to Domoticz

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
Tozz
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Move from HomeSeer to Domoticz

Post by Tozz » Tuesday 04 December 2018 21:59

I'm trying to migrate from HomeSeer HS3Pro to Domoticz, but I cannot get my Z-Wave to work. I have a fully working network on an Gen5 stick.
When I shutdown Homeseer and start Domoticz (on the same pi) it finds the stick, it finds all my nodes, it sees all my nodes and everything seems to be in order.

However, turning on eg a lamp in Domoticz doesn't do anything (it says it's turned on, but it isn't) and also locally switching the light off or on doesn't reflect back to Domoticz.

Code: Select all

ec  4 20:46:56 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (Alarm Level)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: User: Admin initiated a switch command (206/Level/On)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: OpenZWave: Domoticz has send a Switch command!, Level: 255, NodeID: 50 (0x32)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (Level)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 3794830799, NodeID: 4 (0x04)
Dec  4 20:47:16 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Usage (Unknown)
Dec  4 20:47:16 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) General/kWh (kWh Meter)
Only "error" is the "Received timeout notification". other then that I don't see anything wrong.
Could the received timeout notification be the cause of this issue? I'm not sure what i should do to resolve this. Again, when i start HomeSeer everything works as expected.

waaren
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: Move from HomeSeer to Domoticz

Post by waaren » Tuesday 04 December 2018 23:16

Tozz wrote:
Tuesday 04 December 2018 21:59
I'm trying to migrate from HomeSeer HS3Pro to Domoticz, but I cannot get my Z-Wave to work. I have a fully working network on an Gen5 stick.
When I shutdown Homeseer and start Domoticz (on the same pi) it finds the stick, it finds all my nodes, it sees all my nodes and everything seems to be in order.

However, turning on eg a lamp in Domoticz doesn't do anything (it says it's turned on, but it isn't) and also locally switching the light off or on doesn't reflect back to Domoticz.

ec  4 20:46:56 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (Alarm Level)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: User: Admin initiated a switch command (206/Level/On)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: OpenZWave: Domoticz has send a Switch command!, Level: 255, NodeID: 50 (0x32)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (Level)
Dec  4 20:47:15 homeseer domoticz: OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 3794830799, NodeID: 4 (0x04)
Only "error" is the "Received timeout notification". other then that I don't see anything wrong.
Could the received timeout notification be the cause of this issue? I'm not sure what i should do to resolve this. Again, when i start HomeSeer everything works as expected.
What does domoticz show on your devices page ? Are all devices showing a blue or green arrow ?
Raspberry (debian stretch via berryboot on Synology DS916+) , Domoticz (almost) latest Beta, , dzVents 2.6, RFLink, RFXtrx433e, P1, Youless, Harmony, Hue, Yeelight, Xiaomi, HomeWizard, Zwave, Amazon echo

Tozz
Domoticz version:

Post by Tozz » Wednesday 05 December 2018 0:03

They are all green.

Funny thing is that even though I get the "timeout" errors, Domoticz seems to communicate with the modules fine. I can 'heal' a node and it finds all the child nodes (alarm, switch, heat, etc, etc). It seems the network is working fine, it's just that Domoticz can't talk to my modules

EdwinK
Domoticz version: BETA

Post by EdwinK » Wednesday 05 December 2018 0:14

Tozz wrote:
Wednesday 05 December 2018 0:03
They are all green.

Funny thing is that even though I get the "timeout" errors, Domoticz seems to communicate with the modules fine. I can 'heal' a node and it finds all the child nodes (alarm, switch, heat, etc, etc). It seems the network is working fine, it's just that Domoticz can't talk to my modules
The arrows should be blue for active.
Running latest BETA on a Pi-3 | Toon® Thermostat (rooted) | RFxcom | Dashticz V2

waaren
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by waaren » Wednesday 05 December 2018 0:40

Tozz wrote:
Wednesday 05 December 2018 0:03
They are all green.

So to enable them in domoticz press the green arrow and make them active
Raspberry (debian stretch via berryboot on Synology DS916+) , Domoticz (almost) latest Beta, , dzVents 2.6, RFLink, RFXtrx433e, P1, Youless, Harmony, Hue, Yeelight, Xiaomi, HomeWizard, Zwave, Amazon echo

Tozz
Domoticz version:

Post by Tozz » Wednesday 05 December 2018 10:18

Correct me when I'm wrong, but changing those devices from Green to Blue only makes them "Used", as in they show up in eg. the "Switches" page. It looks to me like it's only a cosmetical change.

I have 2 units that are blue, but those don't work either.

I'm not familiar with Domoticz logging, but these loglines seems odd to me:

Dec  5 09:15:33 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (Power Management)
Dec  5 09:15:33 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (Alarm Type)
Dec  5 09:15:33 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (Alarm Level)
Dec  5 09:15:33 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) General/Alarm (Alarm Type: System 9 (0x09))
Dec  5 09:15:33 homeseer domoticz: (Gen5) Light/Switch (System)
Shouldn't those include some reference to the node these updates were received from?

Tozz
Domoticz version:

Post by Tozz » Tuesday 11 December 2018 10:13

Did some more digging. Found out that when I click on "Learn light" on the Lights page, and I switch on/off a light, it is found. When I say the device is a switch (it is actually a Dimmer) it works. I can control the light. If I say it's a dimmer it gives an error (can't remember exactly which one).

It seems like DOmoticz hasn't properly read all the information from all the nodes. Is this something I can force it to do? HomeSeer has a button 'Rescan' to do just this.