How to use an Onkyo Receiver

Client tools or tools that can connect with Domoticz. Tools for Windows, iOS, Android, Linux etc.
rizzah
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

How to use an Onkyo Receiver

Post by rizzah » Thursday 16 November 2017 17:24

Hi,

I read this post (https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Onkyo) about how to manage an Onkyo receiver. However i also noticed that you can add an Onkyo receiver under Hardware. I did this and i got 3 devices back. (master power, master volume and zone 2 power). Im wondering how i can make scenes with the onkyo. For example, change the input to Radio, or Nvidia shield.

Should i still use the php script mentioned in the link to get that done or am i missing something when i added the Onkyo under hardware?

Thanks.

jake
Domoticz version: beta

Re: How to use an Onkyo Receiver

Post by jake » Thursday 16 November 2017 20:19

I would like to recommend you to use the python plugin on this forum. Since that one listens to the communication from the receiver directly and reacts immediately, that plugin is superior to the 2 solutions that you chose now.

viewtopic.php?t=16313

leecollings
Domoticz version:

Post by leecollings » Sunday 01 July 2018 21:20

Just to update here, since the recent update the native Onkyo plugin for Domoticz now includes main and zone 2 input sources as devices.

eddieb
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Post by eddieb » Saturday 07 July 2018 8:41

Hi, I am using this builtin with my TX-NR609 (that one is unsupported in the python plugin) and a lot is working ...
But I mis the PLAY/PAUSE/FF/REW/SKIP buttons ...
I use Internet Radio a lot and I need a button to send a PLAY command to my Onkyo to start playing.
Manually sending "http://IP:PORT/json.htm?type=command&param=onkyoeiscpcommand&idx=64&action=NTCPLAY" starts the music
Suggestions ?

jake
Domoticz version: beta

Post by jake » Saturday 07 July 2018 17:39

Simply add your json command to the on command (edit) of a virtual switch that you can create yourself