3d printer octoprint domoticz monitoring

Client tools or tools that can connect with Domoticz. Tools for Windows, iOS, Android, Linux etc.
borgkitty
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.5877

3d printer octoprint domoticz monitoring

Post by borgkitty » Wednesday 02 November 2016 16:31

I was wondering if anybody has played around with the idea of monitoring their 3d printer if you have one?
If you have an rpi controlling it with octoprint you should be able to query it via the api for at the bare minimum temperatures of bed and hot end
have a look. it runs from what I gather very similar with json which I am guessing can be asked for the extracted and pushed to temp sensors

http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/api ... tool-state

I realise that octoprint has a nice interface which I use and quite like and putting it on domoticz wouldn't be a complete replacement nor I'm I trying to replace it. I just figure since it has an api the core temps and some other variables could be ported over

I am not that good at coding so I think this will take me a long ass time to code. just wanted some feedback from more experienced coders as if you think it would be possible
nor can I find information on this as it seems no one has done this before

borgkitty

Re: 3d printer octoprint domoticz monitoring

Post by borgkitty » Thursday 03 November 2016 18:39

right well, I shall assume that no one has as by the lack of replies and I can't find anything on google

I shall dive into the head first and go balls deep :P
even though I can't code LUA then I shall create a walk through if I am sucessful

Fnys
Domoticz version:

Post by Fnys » Sunday 14 May 2017 17:36

Did you do anything with this? I just installed octoprint to use with my new 3d printer.. I was thinking about using a fibaro wall plug to kill the power to the printer when it's done and stuff like that..

Varazir
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by Varazir » Friday 19 May 2017 22:50

borgkitty wrote:right well, I shall assume that no one has as by the lack of replies and I can't find anything on google

I shall dive into the head first and go balls deep :P
even though I can't code LUA then I shall create a walk through if I am sucessful
I stand in line :)
1x Raspberry PI A with a RaZberry board
1x GreenWave 6 port Power node
1x tellstick
1x Qubino ZMNHOD1 ( controlling a Ikea blinder )
1x ZW075 Smart Switch Gen5
Several nexa/proove devices

Live Long and Prosper \\//_

borgkitty

Post by borgkitty » Wednesday 21 June 2017 18:11

lol sorry guys, not on this forum much and i do so many different projects i frequently forget about other projects i had. I would like this but havent even started it. probably wont happen till i prioritize my projects plus you need octoprint and i had it running on my 3d printer which i stopped using octoprint bc it broke and im lazy to fix it