domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Others (MiLight, Hue, Toon etc...)
User avatar
waaren
Posts: 928
Joined: Tuesday 03 January 2017 15:18
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by waaren » Saturday 27 January 2018 21:33

gijsje wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 21:19
If i want to update to the beta version can i do this over the update Domoticz button or do i need to download the latest version for Synology and install it on the DS218+ nas?
I did look but i guess the latest version is not yet done yet for my system!??
The update Domoticz button should not be used on your Synology. It will tell you Domoticz is updating but it is not. Could be that it break stuff but I am not sure about that and it makes not enough sense to try :D
Raspberry (debian stretch via berryboot on Synology DS916+) , Domoticz (almost) latest Beta, , dzVents 2.6, RFLink, RFXtrx433e, P1, Youless, Harmony, Hue, Yeelight, Xiaomi, HomeWizard, Zwave, Amazon echo

User avatar
gijsje
Posts: 151
Joined: Saturday 19 August 2017 14:28
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable
Location: Berkel Enschot, NL
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by gijsje » Saturday 27 January 2018 22:35

jumbotroll wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 21:24
gijsje wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 21:19
If i want to update to the beta version can i do this over the update Domoticz button or do i need to download the latest version for Synology and install it on the DS218+ nas?
I did look but i guess the latest version is not yet done yet for my system!??
Beta packages, you have to manually download and install in package center on your NAS.
DS218+ use arch-apollolake
DSM6.1 version:
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1/
DSM6.2 Beta:
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.2/
Thanks
Is this all with python included?
Synology DS218+ - RFXtrx433 - Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 - Toon Thermostat - Neo CoolCam plug - Neo CoolCam PIR - FIBARO PIR - Heiman Smart Smoke Senso - Neo CoolCam Leakage Detector - BeNext Tag Reader - P1 and S0 USB - many Mi-Light lights - KAKU switches

User avatar
jumbotroll
Posts: 663
Joined: Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:36
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Oslo,Norway
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by jumbotroll » Saturday 27 January 2018 22:36

gijsje wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 22:35
Thanks
Is this all with python included?
No
Regards
Jumbotroll
http://www.jadahl.com

User avatar
gijsje
Posts: 151
Joined: Saturday 19 August 2017 14:28
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable
Location: Berkel Enschot, NL
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by gijsje » Saturday 27 January 2018 22:44

Do i need it with python as on the nas python 3 is already installed?
i am new to nas world as i was running domoticz on a pi before this so maybe dumb questions :D
Synology DS218+ - RFXtrx433 - Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 - Toon Thermostat - Neo CoolCam plug - Neo CoolCam PIR - FIBARO PIR - Heiman Smart Smoke Senso - Neo CoolCam Leakage Detector - BeNext Tag Reader - P1 and S0 USB - many Mi-Light lights - KAKU switches

User avatar
jumbotroll
Posts: 663
Joined: Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:36
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Oslo,Norway
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by jumbotroll » Saturday 27 January 2018 22:53

gijsje wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 22:44
Do i need it with python as on the nas python 3 is already installed?
i am new to nas world as i was running domoticz on a pi before this so maybe dumb questions :D
No, you can always use the version without python.
I can compile a version for your NAS with python later (DS218+)

Python version: http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1 ... 125.patch/
Regards
Jumbotroll
http://www.jadahl.com

SystemLord
Posts: 19
Joined: Sunday 28 June 2015 17:19
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by SystemLord » Sunday 28 January 2018 11:31

jumbotroll wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 19:22
SystemLord wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 17:40
First thanks for all the effort you put in the Domoticz synology packages!
Can you confirm if by any means the follwing z-wave patch is added in stable DSM6.1 package ?

https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/pull/1125.patch

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12539&start=20#p135154

If not, would be nice if it is possible, so i can use my scene controller again. :roll:
This patch is not added in the stable packages for DSM6.1.
If you want to test, I can build a beta package for you with this 1125.patch, but what NAS do you want me to build this for?
Edit: I have build some test packages with 1125.patch for DSM6.1
You can download from here: http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1/
The test packages is located in folder /OpenZwave_1125.patch/
That's quick! Thanks :) Nas is a DS 218+ (apollolake) See the package is already there, will do some testing next week and report back.
Again thanks for the effort!

manutremo
Posts: 48
Joined: Saturday 19 November 2016 18:02
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by manutremo » Monday 29 January 2018 22:39

Hi,

I just upgraded to v3.8841 in my Synology - everything looks fine except that I started to get some dzVents errors. After activating DEBUG for dzVents, I see that the dzVents version is being reported as 2.3.0. Following the announcement in the dzVents part opf the forum, I was expecting to see v2.4.0. I actually suspect this might be related to the new errors I'm getting. Would it be possible to confirm if the version number being reported is correct? Thanks in advance.

manutremo
Posts: 48
Joined: Saturday 19 November 2016 18:02
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by manutremo » Monday 29 January 2018 22:43

In case it helps - I received confirmation that there seems to be a mix of both versions now after upgrade:

http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20#p169025

Is it possible to fix or do I need to revert my upgrade?

User avatar
jumbotroll
Posts: 663
Joined: Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:36
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Oslo,Norway
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by jumbotroll » Monday 29 January 2018 23:16

manutremo wrote:
Monday 29 January 2018 22:43
In case it helps - I received confirmation that there seems to be a mix of both versions now after upgrade:

http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20#p169025

Is it possible to fix or do I need to revert my upgrade?
Take backup of database and scripts, then uninstall the domoticz package, then install the latest domoticz beta package.
Regards
Jumbotroll
http://www.jadahl.com

manutremo
Posts: 48
Joined: Saturday 19 November 2016 18:02
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by manutremo » Monday 29 January 2018 23:43

Jadahl, many thanks for always being so responsive. That seems to have fixed it.

User avatar
jumbotroll
Posts: 663
Joined: Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:36
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Oslo,Norway
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by jumbotroll » Monday 29 January 2018 23:48

manutremo wrote:
Monday 29 January 2018 23:43
Jadahl, many thanks for always being so responsive. That seems to have fixed it.
For now my beta packages take backup and restore of dzvent if you upgrade, so always try to uninstall/reinstall domoticz packages if you have trouble ;)
Regards
Jumbotroll
http://www.jadahl.com

SystemLord
Posts: 19
Joined: Sunday 28 June 2015 17:19
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by SystemLord » Thursday 01 February 2018 10:50

SystemLord wrote:
Sunday 28 January 2018 11:31
jumbotroll wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 19:22
SystemLord wrote:
Saturday 27 January 2018 17:40
First thanks for all the effort you put in the Domoticz synology packages!
Can you confirm if by any means the follwing z-wave patch is added in stable DSM6.1 package ?

https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/pull/1125.patch

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12539&start=20#p135154

If not, would be nice if it is possible, so i can use my scene controller again. :roll:
This patch is not added in the stable packages for DSM6.1.
If you want to test, I can build a beta package for you with this 1125.patch, but what NAS do you want me to build this for?
Edit: I have build some test packages with 1125.patch for DSM6.1
You can download from here: http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1/
The test packages is located in folder /OpenZwave_1125.patch/
That's quick! Thanks :) Nas is a DS 218+ (apollolake) See the package is already there, will do some testing next week and report back.
Again thanks for the effort!
Ok, done some tests, the patch is working fine, my scene controller is working again, unfortunately cannot use it as i like because it seems that the current beta(s) has some eventsystem issues, seems that activating a random group triggers my scene controller pushbutton blocky's in a loop, tested this against generic linux build, same issue, no issue in the last stable so will report this elsewhere.

User avatar
jumbotroll
Posts: 663
Joined: Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:36
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Oslo,Norway
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by jumbotroll » Thursday 01 February 2018 13:34

SystemLord wrote:
Thursday 01 February 2018 10:50
Ok, done some tests, the patch is working fine, my scene controller is working again, unfortunately cannot use it as i like because it seems that the current beta(s) has some eventsystem issues, seems that activating a random group triggers my scene controller pushbutton blocky's in a loop, tested this against generic linux build, same issue, no issue in the last stable so will report this elsewhere.
Thanks for testing!
I have compiled the stable version V3.8153 with this OpenZwave patch for arch-apollolake you can test if you want.

domoticz_apollolake-6.1_3.0.8153-7.spk
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1 ... 125.patch/

Python version:
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1 ... 125.patch/
Regards
Jumbotroll
http://www.jadahl.com

SystemLord
Posts: 19
Joined: Sunday 28 June 2015 17:19
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by SystemLord » Thursday 01 February 2018 14:06

Thanks for testing!
I have compiled the stable version V3.8153 with this OpenZwave patch for arch-apollolake you can test if you want.

domoticz_apollolake-6.1_3.0.8153-7.spk
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1 ... 125.patch/

Python version:
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1 ... 125.patch/
Thanks :D , will test this version and report back again.

SystemLord
Posts: 19
Joined: Sunday 28 June 2015 17:19
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by SystemLord » Thursday 01 February 2018 18:13

SystemLord wrote:
Thursday 01 February 2018 14:06
Thanks for testing!
I have compiled the stable version V3.8153 with this OpenZwave patch for arch-apollolake you can test if you want.

domoticz_apollolake-6.1_3.0.8153-7.spk
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1 ... 125.patch/

Python version:
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_beta_6.1 ... 125.patch/
Thanks :D , will test this version and report back again.
Tested, all is wotking like a charm! Thx! :D

FlareP1
Posts: 3
Joined: Friday 02 February 2018 13:10
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by FlareP1 » Friday 02 February 2018 13:26

Hi, I'm trying to compile domoticz for DSM 4.3 on a DS212 (Marvel 88f6281). I setup up the SynoCommunity cross compile environment (spksrc) via docker which I can compile various packages but the domoticz package does not seem to compile correctly.

Is domoticz supported on DSM 4.3? There are no DSM4.3 packages on www.jadahl.com. Has anyone manage to get domonticz working correctly on DSM 4.3? Can anyone explain how to correctly cross compile for this environment or get hold of a precompiled build for this target.

Many thanks

User avatar
jumbotroll
Posts: 663
Joined: Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:36
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Oslo,Norway
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by jumbotroll » Friday 02 February 2018 15:16

FlareP1 wrote:
Friday 02 February 2018 13:26
Hi, I'm trying to compile domoticz for DSM 4.3 on a DS212 (Marvel 88f6281). I setup up the SynoCommunity cross compile environment (spksrc) via docker which I can compile various packages but the domoticz package does not seem to compile correctly.

Is domoticz supported on DSM 4.3? There are no DSM4.3 packages on www.jadahl.com. Has anyone manage to get domonticz working correctly on DSM 4.3? Can anyone explain how to correctly cross compile for this environment or get hold of a precompiled build for this target.

Many thanks
It's some hazzle to build domoticz with that old toolchain DSM4.3 use, but I can try to build the stable and beta version for you with OpenZwave and drivers included.
Edit:
Take a look here ;)
http://www.jadahl.com/domoticz_4.3/
Not tested BTW!!!
Regards
Jumbotroll
http://www.jadahl.com

FlareP1
Posts: 3
Joined: Friday 02 February 2018 13:10
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by FlareP1 » Friday 02 February 2018 16:49

Wow thanks very much. Yes this appears to download and install correctly. I can access the Domoticz Dashboard ok from inside the DSM. Now just waiting on my RFLink hardware to arrive before I can test further.

I would still be interest in any tips getting the cross compile environment working. Looking at other posts I believe that you are also using spksrc build environment? From a working spkscr docker build environment I tried the following

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz.git domoticz
cd domoticz

wget http://www.domoticz.com/patches/domoticz_synology_domoticz.patch
patch -p0 -i domoticz_synology_domoticz.patch

cmake -D USE_PYTHON=NO CMakeLists.txt
But I get the error

Code: Select all

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1198 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

  Unable to find the Boost header files.  Please set BOOST_ROOT to the root
  directory containing Boost or BOOST_INCLUDEDIR to the directory containing
  Boost's headers.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:535 (find_package)


-- Linking against boost static libraries
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:545 (message):
  Found libBoost version , 105500 or newer required
Regards

User avatar
jumbotroll
Posts: 663
Joined: Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:36
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Oslo,Norway
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by jumbotroll » Friday 02 February 2018 17:06

FlareP1 wrote:
Friday 02 February 2018 16:49
Wow thanks very much. Yes this appears to download and install correctly. I can access the Domoticz Dashboard ok from inside the DSM. Now just waiting on my RFLink hardware to arrive before I can test further.

I would still be interest in any tips getting the cross compile environment working. Looking at other posts I believe that you are also using spksrc build environment? From a working spkscr docker build environment I tried the following

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz.git domoticz
cd domoticz

wget http://www.domoticz.com/patches/domoticz_synology_domoticz.patch
patch -p0 -i domoticz_synology_domoticz.patch

cmake -D USE_PYTHON=NO CMakeLists.txt
But I get the error

Code: Select all

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1198 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

  Unable to find the Boost header files.  Please set BOOST_ROOT to the root
  directory containing Boost or BOOST_INCLUDEDIR to the directory containing
  Boost's headers.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:535 (find_package)


-- Linking against boost static libraries
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:545 (message):
  Found libBoost version , 105500 or newer required
Regards
It looks like you have not installed the right boost version in your system.
I have created my own build environment based on spksrc and modified, which now contains several hundred gigabytes and this framework is not suitable for further distribution.
It will take too much time to teach others how this is done and unfortunately I have very limited time for this project.
Regards
Jumbotroll
http://www.jadahl.com

johnnie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wednesday 10 December 2014 22:08
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: domoticz in synology as package! Available now.

Post by johnnie » Sunday 04 February 2018 21:06

Hi folks,

I’m facing a challange and hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction:

Installed the python spk and domoticz package with python on the NAS.
I want to install/use the SVT python plugin! Installed this with the help of the wiki.
But it doesn’t show up in the list!?

I see in the logging:
2018-01-31 20:36:28.601 Python EventSystem: Module not found - Trying to initialize.
2018-01-31 20:36:28.603 Python EventSystem: Initalizing event module.
Is there still something wrong?

At this moment I'm stuck (running circles), I've copied the plugin.py (manually, not with git command because I don't know how this works on synology), put it in the SVT directory under plugins (changed with chmod), restarted Domoticz. But still not able to see/select the plugin in the hardware list.....

Can somebody please help me in the right direction?

Tia, and best regards, John
Raspi B+; Razberry zwave; CW2 PIUPS; lots of sensors allready

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests