Min/max disco speed on MiLight / Applamp / Limitless

Compatibility (hardware, devices and OS)
PimJanse
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Min/max disco speed on MiLight / Applamp / Limitless

Post by PimJanse » Tuesday 11 July 2017 20:19

Hello, I have a problem to control my MiLight lamp in disco mode. The lamp is controlled via a V6 Wifi bridge and appears as a device in Domoticz. I can control colors, brightness etc and I have created a virtual selector to activate certain predefined modes by sending corresponding JSON-commands. This works also fine, BUT my problem is to set the discomode to minimum or maximum speed.

I tested this in discomode 6 (flashing colors) with disco speed set to a maximum via the MiLight app. In this mode I send the following JSON-commands (from Domoticz or from my webbrowser), but this does not change the disco speed at all:
JSON.JPG
JSON.JPG (52.69 KiB) Viewed 220 times
So, I would expect that the speed should go to the minimum (very slooow) or to the maximum, but in reality nothing happens, while I get confirmation in my browser. The only way to decrease the speed is by sending the following JSON-command to decrease the speed one step, multiple times:

Code: Select all

http://10.190.65.10:8084/json.htm?type=command&param=speeddown&idx=228
Any idea what's going wrong here - or is this a known compatbility problem?

Nautilus
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta

Re: Min/max disco speed on MiLight / Applamp / Limitless

Post by Nautilus » Tuesday 11 July 2017 22:38

Sorry, I'm not using the disco modes but I recall there was some discussion about disco modes in general not working perfectly, maybe it was this: http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20#p135894. So it could be that MiLight hardware in Domoticz would need a bit tweaking in that area.