Power Socket 433Mhz with local on/off switch

Compatibility (hardware, devices and OS)
Milifax
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: v3.8094

Power Socket 433Mhz with local on/off switch

Post by Milifax » Friday 23 June 2017 10:22

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and new to the whole domotica thing. I'm currently running a Pi with Domoticz to monitor our energy and gas usage and want to expand it wit a RFLink ( 3D-printing a nice case for it as we speak:) ) to control some lights in the house.

Currently I'm in the proces of selecting the right power sockets on 433Mhz. As I am not the only one living in our house, I've got the request from my girlfriend to make sure she can control the power sockets with a button which is physical on the socket itself. That way she could always switch the lights even if her phone is 'dead' and she can't find the control.

Does anyone have experience with this? Are there power sockets available at the moment on 433Mhz with an On/off-button physically on the socket?
I have seen the Smartwares SHS-51000-EU (http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/_sm ... 70747.html) however I cannot find any information if the button on it also switches the relay or if it is only for linking the system.

If anyone has any answers or suggestions, all is welcome.

Best regard,
Michiel

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V3.8742

Re: Power Socket 433Mhz with local on/off switch

Post by SweetPants » Friday 23 June 2017 10:59

In de manual pag 7 https://www.gebruikershandleiding.com/S ... 85374.html staat:

Bedoeld gebruik De draadloze schakelaarset bestaat uit draadloze schakelaars en een afstandsbediening. De schakelaars zijn bedoeld om apparaten in en uit te schakelen. De afstandsbediening is bedoeld om de schakelaars op afstand te bedienen.

Milifax

Post by Milifax » Friday 23 June 2017 11:30

SweetPants wrote:In de manual pag 7 https://www.gebruikershandleiding.com/S ... 85374.html staat:

Bedoeld gebruik De draadloze schakelaarset bestaat uit draadloze schakelaars en een afstandsbediening. De schakelaars zijn bedoeld om apparaten in en uit te schakelen. De afstandsbediening is bedoeld om de schakelaars op afstand te bedienen.
I have read the manual. However, the device also exists on Google as a Home Easy device which looks almost the same. At the Home Easy device there is additional text near the button which says 'On/off'. Hence my question if this function is also available on the Smartware. (The Home Easy is not for sale anymore)

Any other device is welcome as well of course.

SweetPants

Post by SweetPants » Friday 23 June 2017 12:40

You are right, I have the Home Easy variant with on/off switch, but the manual states thta you can switch it on/off with the switch too "De schakelaars zijn bedoeld om apparaten in en uit te schakelen. De afstandsbediening is bedoeld om de schakelaars op afstand te bedienen."

Milifax

Post by Milifax » Friday 23 June 2017 14:02

SweetPants wrote:You are right, I have the Home Easy variant with on/off switch, but the manual states thta you can switch it on/off with the switch too "De schakelaars zijn bedoeld om apparaten in en uit te schakelen. De afstandsbediening is bedoeld om de schakelaars op afstand te bedienen."
OK, so in other words, the Home Easy does switch on/off with the physical button on the socket, but not for sale anymore.
The Smartware looks the same and the manual somehow suggests it does the same (although interpretation of the manual depends on the reader),
but there's no confirmation at the moment it actually has this on/off function behind the button.

I'll just purchase the Smartware and reply back in this topic if it does switch with the button or not.

SweetPants

Post by SweetPants » Friday 23 June 2017 14:50

Milifax

Post by Milifax » Friday 23 June 2017 16:00

Just got a reply back from Smartwares. The sockets indeed switch when pressed shortly on the buttons.
SweetPants wrote:At Alternate they are cheaper: https://www.alternate.nl/Smartwares/SHS ... ct/1204686
Thanks for the tip! Edit: With shipping they are 1 cent cheaper ;)
Last edited by Milifax on Friday 23 June 2017 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

cyberclwn
Domoticz version: beta

Post by cyberclwn » Friday 23 June 2017 16:01

Hey,

Maybe stick a CoCo/Kaku AWST-8800/8802 on the wall, or a nice/hidden place.
Or something similar...
If you use the same signal within Domoticz as this switch, it will even work when the domoticz-server is broken.
3xPi 2B (Domoticz "live", Domoticz "sandbox", PhotoFrame)
RFXCom433(E), KaKu, Oregon Scientific, Keyes 2-relay, Logitech Media Server, MiLight, Smartwares heating controller(2x), IR Send/Receive, Keyes PIR, XH-M131 DuskSensor, DHT22/11

Milifax

Post by Milifax » Friday 23 June 2017 16:04

cyberclwn wrote:Hey,

Maybe stick a CoCo/Kaku AWST-8800/8802 on the wall, or a nice/hidden place.
Or something similar...
If you use the same signal within Domoticz as this switch, it will even work when the domoticz-server is broken.
That will give me extra buttons on the walls for only incidental use. Using the buttons on the socket is preferable and independent of anything but the socket.
But thanks for thinking along.