Railduino

discription:

http://www.sedtronic.cz/en_about-module ... .3,78.html

this are the different module forms
http://www.sedtronic.cz/en_module-purchase,77.html

It seems really great

does someone has experience with this?
is it easy to integrate with domoticz?

I am looking for something to use with a "new electric cabinet/ cabinet upgrade" --> instead of teleruptors

I really like to hear your thoughts on it!

Thomasdc
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: Railduino

Post by Thomasdc » Wednesday 03 May 2017 12:44

Hi again!

The Railduino has a "Modbus TCP" module..
Is Modbus TCP supported by Domoticz? how does this integrate?
i guess the 'railduino' with Modbus TCP isnt just an plug and play supported hardware? would it be hard to get this working? or maybe to integrate this as some plug and play hardware over modbus TCP?

I want to upgrade an electric cabinet and this seems just the ideal hardware for it!

randytsuch

Post by randytsuch » Thursday 04 May 2017 17:39

The Railduino itself looks to be a shield for an Arduino MEGA 2560
The Arduino mega is the brains, the railduino is basically an IO adapter board.

So, you would need to integrate an Arduino into your domoticz system.
I haven't done this, but there are others who have.

Randy

Thomasdc

Post by Thomasdc » Thursday 04 May 2017 19:12

randytsuch wrote:The Railduino itself looks to be a shield for an Arduino MEGA 2560
The Arduino mega is the brains, the railduino is basically an IO adapter board.

So, you would need to integrate an Arduino into your domoticz system.
I haven't done this, but there are others who have.

Randy
But the Railduino comes with its own firmware from what i understand on their site.
it supports modbus TCP (standard?) so i preffere to be able to use the standard firmware/sofwaren on the realduino
and get it integrated like it is in domoticz. so for future projects witht the same hardware it could just be a 'plug and play' system

ive used arduino with 'mysensors' allready but i dont want this anymore, i dont want to spent time soldering things, i want something more professional looking and more reliable

randytsuch

Post by randytsuch » Thursday 04 May 2017 22:45

Towards the bottom of the page, it says
CONCEPT
The whole automatic device is designed as a system of several parts of printed circuit boards in a DIN type plastic housing (9 modules) that can be mounted on a DIN rail. The Railduino Module comprises of the following basic parts:

Arduino MEGA 2560 - a printed circuit board with a microcontroller in form of an 8-bite processor ATmega 2560 with the frequency of 16 MHz, known as Arduino MEGA 2560 – an open-source project – more can be found on: http://arduino.cc/.

Railduino shield is another PCB board enabling connection of all the outside sensors and actuators to the controller, which configures the signals so that the microcontroller can read or control them. In addition, this board ensures all power supply and communication.

Ethernet shield – is an additional (optional) PCB which offers a possibility to connect the whole system to Ethernet network. When this function is engaged then the Railduino Module is additionally equipped with the interface connectors

Looks like a fancy Arduino shield to me.

It does appear like you get Arduino code included for the price, which should interface with the shield, and includes Ethernet drivers.

Thomasdc

Post by Thomasdc » Sunday 07 May 2017 16:33

randytsuch wrote:
It does appear like you get Arduino code included for the price, which should interface with the shield, and includes Ethernet drivers.
this default code.. works with Modbus TCP i think? if i understand it right..
Do you guys think it would be possible to make some kind of "hardware" of this device?

so the way i see it:
in your domoticz setup --> hardware --> add new hardware of the type "Railduino Modbus TCP"
and then under the devices tab all the in- and outputs of this device appear...
so this way it would be easy to integrate more than 1 railduiono in the domoticz setup without any skills required..

What do you think? would this be possible?
if yes, how possible is it for someone with just basic program knowledge (like me) to create this hardware..

or i would even let someone lend my railduino if i buy it to let them figure out how to integrate this hardware in domoticz...

Mullie
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: V2.2502

Post by Mullie » Thursday 11 January 2018 23:34

Thomasdc wrote:
Sunday 07 May 2017 16:33
randytsuch wrote:
this default code.. works with Modbus TCP i think? if i understand it right..
Do you guys think it would be possible to make some kind of "hardware" of this device?

so the way i see it:
in your domoticz setup --> hardware --> add new hardware of the type "Railduino Modbus TCP"
and then under the devices tab all the in- and outputs of this device appear...
so this way it would be easy to integrate more than 1 railduiono in the domoticz setup without any skills required..

What do you think? would this be possible?
if yes, how possible is it for someone with just basic program knowledge (like me) to create this hardware..

or i would even let someone lend my railduino if i buy it to let them figure out how to integrate this hardware in domoticz...
Have u already used a Railduino and how dit it workt?