DS1820 temp sensor Topic is solved

mountainmannm
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

DS1820 temp sensor

Post by mountainmannm » Friday 28 September 2018 6:02

Hello,
I'm trying to use a DS1820 temp sensor hooked up to my Raspberry PI's GPIO. I've got it hooked up and seemingly working, and as the wiki promises, I can see that the sensor has been added in the log. But it's not in my devices. I'm not sure where to go from here. If anybody can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Derik
Domoticz version: BETA

Re: DS1820 temp sensor

Post by Derik » Friday 28 September 2018 7:24

I do have the same problem to...

Only buy a cheap sonoff...
Flash with espeasy then you can use 12 dallassensors and you have a switch
Xu4: Beta Extreme antenna RFXcomE,WU Fi Ping ip P1 Gen5 PVOutput Harmony HUE SolarmanPv OTG Winddelen Alive ESP Buienradar MySensors WOL Winddelen counting RPi: Beta SMAspot RFlinkTest Domoticz ...Different backups

jake
Domoticz version: beta

Post by jake » Friday 28 September 2018 10:32

mountainmannm wrote:Hello,
I'm trying to use a DS1820 temp sensor hooked up to my Raspberry PI's GPIO. I've got it hooked up and seemingly working, and as the wiki promises, I can see that the sensor has been added in the log. But it's not in my devices. I'm not sure where to go from here. If anybody can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
did you enable 'allow new devices' in the settings of Domoticz?

mountainmannm
Domoticz version:

Post by mountainmannm » Friday 28 September 2018 14:51

This was my problem! I didn't even think of this. I enabled new devices and it populated rite away. Thank you!

Getting temp sensors to work with an ESP8226 is another story for me. I've tried everything I can think of. I've spent too much money on all sorts of sensors, and I've been playing with ESP Easy for maybe the last year, and I just can't get a single temp sensor to work. I do have lots of RFID readers working. I absolutely LOVE Domoticz but my main gripe is how difficult it's been to get a wired temp sensor to work. I've worked on a lot of commercial automation systems and it's so easy to use a plane 10K type III thermistor, it just works every time. So to get a temperature sensor working at all is a big accomplishment for me!