Going back to a previous version
This tutorial describes how you can revert to a previous version of Domoticz on the Raspberry Pi.
This is useful in case you upgraded to a beta release, but encountered some issues and want to go back to a stable version.
But, it is not recommended to revert back to a stable version!
Best to post the problem on the forum, and get things fixed!
Going back to a previous version can make your current database tables/content corrupt, it is strongly advised NOT to do this
Steps to perform
- First backup your database from the webGUI (Setup > Application settings > Backup database (in left menu)).
- Login via SSH
- After you login check if you are in /home/pi (or just
cd /home/pi/to be sure)
- Then stop domoticz (
sudo service domoticz.sh stop)
- Remove the domoticz folder (
rm -rf domoticz)
- Make a new domoticz folder (
- Go to that folder (
- Then download the latest stable version (
- Extract it (
tar xvfz domoticz_linux_armv7l.tgz)
- Remove the compressed file (
- Reboot (
- Import your database backup (the 'domoticz.db' file).
- Reboot again (
You should now be fully up and running again on the stable version instead of the beta
Also have a look at this forum thread for more information: http://domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4660.
User mbliek says that removing anything is not needed, and that running the commands below should be sufficient to get to the latest stable version:
tar xvfz domoticz_linux_armv7l.tgz
(Needs to be run in the /home/pi/domoticz/ folder).