Here is the npm project: https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-domoticz-mqtt
Here is the code: https://github.com/nayrnet/node-domoticz-mqtt
What is the MQTT Interface? Its identical to the JSON HTTP GET interface with these important differences:
- Persistent Connection - Quick Response without setting up full blown HTTP connections for every update. Great if your changing lots of devices.
- Bi-Directional - Get instant status updates without polling for changes, no need to call your app via HTTP/Script
- MQTT Broker provides simple security for devices, with crypto support. great if your locking down the Web interface for security reasons.
- Your NodeJS app will have nearly all the benefits of native hardware
- Rasbery Pi GPIO - https://www.npmjs.com/package/raspi-io
- BeagleBone Black GPIO - https://www.npmjs.com/package/beaglebone-io
- PowerMate USB Knob - https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-powermate
- MQTT Broker (apt-get install mosquitto)
- NodeJS and NPM (apt-get install nodejs npm)
- Domoticz w/MQTT Hardware Interface
Code: Select all
npm install node-domoticz-mqtt
Ive got several NodeJS Applications that will be using this module, and more planned.. I should be able to finally add BeagleBone Black support to Domoticz soon!